Trump set to reverse Obama rules on transgender bathrooms

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
There's a few things we could learn from the 1950's
337685.jpg

There's a few things we could learn from the 1950's
yea, like stop fighting god damn Asians, first 2 nukes on Japan, then dividing Korea in two and then fucking around in the jungle in vietnam.

It affects such a small percent of the total population that there shouldn't be blanketed federal laws on the issue. It's asinine that this is even a continually front page topic.

Because there are clear divisions between states on how they want to handle this, there are valid arguments on both sides, so let the voters decide at the local level.

Neither of these is a good reason it isn't a federal issue. Regarding that it affects such a small percentage of the population, so? There are more transgenders than native Hawaiians. Would a law saying Hawaiians have to use a Hawaiians-only bathroom because they are gross be a federal issue?

Regarding the "well states disagree so leave it up to them" argument. The same thing could have been said about any number of civil rights issues. Racially segregated restrooms, for instance- there were clear divisions between states on how they wanted to handle it, and, at the time at least, those in favor of racial desegregation thought they had a valid argument. So should the voters have decided the issue at the local level?

Regarding the "well states disagree so leave it up to them" argument. The same thing could have been said about any number of civil rights issues. Racially segregated restrooms, for instance- there were clear divisions between states on how they wanted to handle it, and, at the time at least, those in favor of racial desegregation thought they had a valid argument. So should the voters have decided the issue at the local level?
You are only addressing a partial quote. If you are going to challenge what I said then I think you should include everything.

you know, in fucked up, buy coin operated used panies in Japan, it's illegal to turn off the camera sound, cuz they don't want leery eyed Japanese men taking upskirt shots of little girls, or at least, they make it more difficult.

America however, invites them into womans bathrooms carte blanche, all you gotta do is wear a dress and a wig.

I for one can't wait to take upskirt shots of men in dresses!!

Why don't you go by the arguments the left actually makes. They say a 400 pound man with a beard and female features should be able to use a womans bathroom if on that DAY he decides he's a female.

That not the argument we on the left make, just the strawman you build.

You are only addressing a partial quote. If you are going to challenge what I said then I think you should include everything.
Hmm, I don't think so. Let me clarify.

Your statement: Because there are clear divisions between states on how they want to handle this, there are valid arguments on both sides, so let the voters decide at the local level.

Broken down: (1) there are clear divisions between states on how they want to handle this and (2) there are valid arguments on both sides, (3) so let the voters decide at the local level.

My response:
Racial Segregation in restrooms:
(1) there were clear divisions between states on how they wanted to handle it
(2) at the time at least, those in favor of racial desegregation thought they had a valid argument. - This is where I got sloppy. I should have said, at the time, both sides thought they had valid arguments. -
(3) Does that mean the issue should have been decided at the local level?

Honestly.

Just fucking expand the family room to have more stalls.

It's that fucking simple.

Trans, gender shit is a mental disorder, has nothing to do with equality.
Hmm. I like this one. Just the other day, I had a Vietnam vet come in my office and say that being asian is just a form of birth defect. Talked about some old scientific studies that linked it to Mongloids. Since being Asian is just a health problem, and has nothing to do with equality, I think we should keep 'em out of our bathrooms because they are kind of gross.

Thanks for the idea!

Honestly.

Just fucking expand the family room to have more stalls.

It's that fucking simple.
I don't think schools have those family restrooms.

Anyway I'm thinking this executive order applies to schools. So that's why I said that.

I don't think schools have those family restrooms.

Anyway I'm thinking this executive order applies to schools. So that's why I said that.

I'm all for creating a 3rd washroom so those students are protected and not ridiculed or embarrassed.

I'm not ok with some stupid fucking law that pedo's and pervs everywhere could easily abuse as they gain access into washrooms they have no buisness being in.

Hmm, I don't think so. Let me clarify.

Your statement: Because there are clear divisions between states on how they want to handle this, there are valid arguments on both sides, so let the voters decide at the local level.

Broken down: (1) there are clear divisions between states on how they want to handle this and (2) there are valid arguments on both sides, (3) so let the voters decide at the local level.

My response:
Racial Segregation in restrooms:
(1) there were clear divisions between states on how they wanted to handle it
(2) at the time at least, those in favor of racial desegregation thought they had a valid argument. - This is where I got sloppy. I should have said, at the time, both sides thought they had valid arguments. -
(3) Does that mean the issue should have been decided at the local level?
So then the next logical step is to evaluate the arguments and see how valid each of them actually are. And then we can see if a federal solution is warranted, or if it's a matter for states themselves to handle.

Just another quick thought... The reason why this is a messy issue is because objectively there is no correct bathroom for them. They aren't women, and they aren't men. But that's how our bathrooms are arranged. How can there be any sweeping solution other than a third bathroom option?

Most public facilities have family rooms. Make the requirement of installing or building family washrooms a thing. And let those .7 percent of the population use them.

So if it's that big of a fucking deal...then spend the money and install them in places that don't currently have them.

So no body that supports Obama's order wants to address the fact that it forced schools to let boys into the girls dressing/locker room and showers.

That was the big deal as far as I'm concerned.

Back