Trump set to reverse Obama rules on transgender bathrooms

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
This should really be up to the owner of the bathroom, not the government. They should be accountable for the outcome either way.

cliffs so far

Devos wants to keep it in place cuz of the gays

Sessions wants it gone

Trump is with Sessions cuz he wants it to be a state issue

Devos is on board

reason? they want Dept of Justice+Ed unity.

This should really be up to the owner of the bathroom, not the government. They should be accountable for the outcome either way.

This is the truest statement I've seen come out of any of the 90 million threads on this subject

Because this person walking into a men's bathroom.... makes a whole lot of sense.
88c5ebf444a812b0934bd9f684ffb198.jpg

How do you know he does?.... without checking.

Why don't you go by the arguments the left actually makes. They say a 400 pound man with a beard and female features should be able to use a womans bathroom if on that DAY he decides he's a female.

Why don't you go by the arguments the left actually makes. They say a 400 pound man with a beard and female features should be able to use a womans bathroom if on that DAY he decides he's a female.
Because legally it's difficult to prevent him if allowed.

For example, I could claim to be "transitioning" and go to the women's shower at the fitness club. Legally, there would be nothing wrong with that.

Strawman and a gross misrepresentation. Why not simply recognize that transgenders have been using bathrooms every day.... and rome isn't burning.

It is not as if male predators are standing outside women's restrooms saying "If only that female symbol wasn't on this damn door!" and it is not as if transgender people are interested in raping your children.

It's a ridiculous hyperventilation from the right to force people into situations where they are far more likely to cause a ruckus and be the center of ridicule that they could otherwise avoid.

Learn to read, I said if.
And learn to read, I said "How would you know?" Put yourself in a situation where that person walks by you, and walks into the ladies room. You're not going to know, and that person is going to use the restroom and then leave the restroom... and you'll do fuckall about it.

Strawman and a gross misrepresentation. Why not simply recognize that transgenders have been using bathrooms every day.... and rome isn't burning.

It is not as if male predators are standing outside women's restrooms saying "If only that female symbol wasn't on this damn door!" and it is not as if transgender people are interested in raping your children.

It's a ridiculous hyperventilation from the right to force people into situations where they are far more likely to cause a ruckus and be the center of ridicule that they could otherwise avoid.

It's not a strawman it's what you people actually want. You're cherry picking examples. The law would allow people to use bathrooms not based on physical realities but on thoughts. That's a fact. I can use the male bathroom one day, then female the next, then back to male. You people just refuse to look at what liberal intellectuals actually argue.

And learn to read, I said "How would you know?" Put yourself in a situation where that person walks by you, and walks into the ladies room. You're not going to know, and that person is going to use the restroom and then leave the restroom... and you'll do fuckall about it.
Doesn't matter whether you would know or not, it sets precedent for other things.

Like men going to the women's shower at the fitness club.

Cute passive aggressive line at the end though. Typical of someone who doesn't think things through

Back