TRUMP Sends Father of Deceased Soldier 25000 Check from Personal Account

I don't see why he would give away 25k. Funeral is paid for and family should be getting 400k. If I was the family I wouldn't want the money.

Soldiers should be getting paid stock dividends from defense contractors and Raytheon

I don't see why he would give away 25k. Funeral is paid for and family should be getting 400k. If I was the family I wouldn't want the money.

There's a lot of people that would do some pretty unbelievable things for 25K, this is nothing

That isn't considered giving to a charity and Trump would be responsible to pay tax on the 25k as gift tax.
You only have to pay taxes on a gift if you've exceeded the lifetime amount which is over 5 million!

You only have to pay taxes on a gift if you've exceeded the lifetime amount which is over 5 million!

You also have the yearly limit of 14k

Edit: just realize that they let you combine it before paying any tax.

Damn I love how MSM tries to spin it as a negative story even when Trump gave money to someone.

Trump donates $25000 to father of deceased soldier.

Leftists assume he's doing so only for personal gain.

The guy just can't win.

It's kinda like when I drop a quarter in a bum's cup. Except the bum actually calls me a cheapskate.

Trump donates $25000 to father of deceased soldier.

Leftists assume he's doing so only for personal gain.

The guy just can't win.

Trump said this to him in June.

White House said "check is in the mail!" when journalists got a hold of the story.

Now what do you make of this?

@ anyone criticizing the President in this thread:

Exactly how much money or time have you given to the families of fallen soldiers?

I’m confused on why he wanted to give the guy $25k in the first place? Like it just randomly came up in the conversation that the guy needed $25k or did Trump just offer it out of the blue.

I’m confused on why he wanted to give the guy $25k in the first place? Like it just randomly came up in the conversation that the guy needed $25k or did Trump just offer it out of the blue.

Evidently, the guy's ex-wife was listed as the beneficiary to the soldiers life insurance so the dad got nothing.

On a personal level without knowing any more, I'd assume the soldier had his reasons for leaving it all to mom.

Back