TRUMP Sends Father of Deceased Soldier 25000 Check from Personal Account

Trump donates $25000 to father of deceased soldier.

Leftists assume he's doing so only for personal gain.

The guy just can't win.

These people judge others by their own low standards. I don't think they can even comprehend that someone might just do something because they think it's a good deed or the right thing to do. They then love moralizing and preaching to others. I think a lot of it comes from the embracing of celebrity culture and the fact they get they moral guidance and standards from degenerates in the entertainment industry. Sad.

Last edited:
LOL so now NPR is the investigative end of the line. That bastard ONLY donated $800,000 ! I wonder how much the staff of NPR donated .

It does not matter how much NPR staff donated. That are not bragging that they donated a huge amount of money when they really didn't.

Trump promised the father this 25K in June, sent a letter to him a couple weeks later (with no check) and sent the check for 25K on the same day (today) the Washington Post writes a story about Trump not sending the father anything. The father didn't receive a death benefit for the Soldier because his ex-wife was the one that was listed as the beneficiary and she received a 100K check from the Pentagon.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politics/donald-trump-personal-check-soldier/index.html

My personal opinion is that 25K is just a tax write-off for Trump (assuming that he can still write-off a charitable donation which he probably can't) but it still stands that this amount of money is fairly meaningless to Trump. What I do believe is meaningful is that Trump allows himself to get caught up in the moment and make ridiculous statements or promises that he shouldn't be making to people. He likely forgets what he had said and then failed to follow-through on his promise, but I do believe his intentions were in the right place when he made the call to the grieving father.

Nice gesture by President Trump.

Typical trust fund baby attitude from Trump.
He thinks people can be bought.
I think it is disgusting that Trump only thinks a human life is worth 25k .

I think it is disgusting that Trump only thinks a human life is worth 25k .

$25,000 more than Obama ever paid out.

What a piece of shit Obama is, to think a human life is worth nothing. I can't even...

Mods please change the thread title to "Washington Post makes Trump send father of dead soldier 25k"

Trump wrote "Good night sweet prince" on the memo line.

Source: Fake news

Lovely gesture. Hope the media gives him credit.

So a grieving father gets a condolence call from the President of the United States and during it whines about his ex-wife getting the survivor benefits while he doesn't have two pennies to rub together?

That seems rather crass. Trump was probably caught off-guard with some guy whining about money during the call and made a off the cuff promise of the money which his staffers probably said later was a bad idea.

Tell me this isn't typical Trump though -

"'I'm going to write you a check out of my personal account for $25,000,' and I was just floored," Baldridge told the Post of his conversation with Trump. "I could not believe he was saying that, and I wish I had it recorded because the man did say this. He said, 'No other president has ever done something like this,' but he said, 'I'm going to do it. "
Still gotta put over himself compared to all other Presidents, eventhough he would have no clue what past Presidents did or didn't do in these situations.
You cant get more trump than that statement lol

$25,000 more than Obama ever paid out.

What a piece of shit Obama is, to think a human life is worth nothing. I can't even...
LOL, I guess any President who didn't send checks is a piece of shit.
You partisan hacks are terrible

LOL, I guess any President who didn't send checks is a piece of shit.
You partisan hacks are terrible

Take your meds. It was joke, in response to the silly criticism in the post I quoted.

Waaah, someone's questioning our born- wealthy President because he made a promise that he didn't fulfill until he was prompted to!
Did he ever say when he was going to send the check? Because he promised the 25,000 and kept his promise from what I’m seeing.

Did he ever say when he was going to send the check? Because he promised the 25,000 and kept his promise from what I’m seeing.
It sounds as if he had to be reminded.
Promises of a politician are only as good as the man who makes them.
"It's frankly disgusting that the Press can write whatever it wants to write and somebody should look into it."
- some idiot who doesn't understand America

LOL so now NPR is the investigative end of the line. That bastard ONLY donated $800,000 ! I wonder how much the staff of NPR donated .

Well, is that the issue here?

This particular Trump golf course said they donated MILLIONS to those charites.

They didn't.

They're lying.

Trump promised the father this 25K in June, sent a letter to him a couple weeks later (with no check) and sent the check for 25K on the same day (today) the Washington Post writes a story about Trump not sending the father anything. The father didn't receive a death benefit for the Soldier because his ex-wife was the one that was listed as the beneficiary and she received a 100K check from the Pentagon.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politics/donald-trump-personal-check-soldier/index.html

My personal opinion is that 25K is just a tax write-off for Trump (assuming that he can still write-off a charitable donation which he probably can't) but it still stands that this amount of money is fairly meaningless to Trump. What I do believe is meaningful is that Trump allows himself to get caught up in the moment and make ridiculous statements or promises that he shouldn't be making to people. He likely forgets what he had said and then failed to follow-through on his promise, but I do believe his intentions were in the right place when he made the call to the grieving father.

That isn't considered giving to a charity and Trump would be responsible to pay tax on the 25k as gift tax.

Back