TRUMP Sends Father of Deceased Soldier 25000 Check from Personal Account

thechoice2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Trump promised the father this 25K in June, sent a letter to him a couple weeks later (with no check) and sent the check for 25K on the same day (today) the Washington Post writes a story about Trump not sending the father anything. The father didn't receive a death benefit for the Soldier because his ex-wife was the one that was listed as the beneficiary and she received a 100K check from the Pentagon.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politics/donald-trump-personal-check-soldier/index.html

My personal opinion is that 25K is just a tax write-off for Trump (assuming that he can still write-off a charitable donation which he probably can't) but it still stands that this amount of money is fairly meaningless to Trump. What I do believe is meaningful is that Trump allows himself to get caught up in the moment and make ridiculous statements or promises that he shouldn't be making to people. He likely forgets what he had said and then failed to follow-through on his promise, but I do believe his intentions were in the right place when he made the call to the grieving father.

Trump should not have sent the father of the deceased soldier that 25000 check. That was the wrong thing to do.

giphy.gif

Trump probably sent the check because he heard the story was coming out, like how his son released those emails. It's called getting ahead of the story. Just another jerkoff tax write off from him, like donating 400,000 to the parks service after cutting their budget by millions.

giphy.gif

Trump probably sent the check because he heard the story was coming out, like how his son released those emails. It's called getting ahead of the story. Just another jerkoff tax write off from him, like donating 400,000 to the parks service after cutting their budget by millions.
Sounds like a smart man to me. Definitely in the 180IQ range

Trump donates $25000 to father of deceased soldier.

Leftists assume he's doing so only for personal gain.

The guy just can't win.

Sounds like a smart man to me. Definitely in the 180IQ range

Fuck that, Marilyn Vos Savant was at like 186, and she's not even close to a 10!!! He's gotta be higher, because he has the most iq.

The guy just can't win.
Why do you think he did it?

The guy just can't win.

Maybe if he didn't spend 71 years being nothing but a selfish cunt, people would take this gesture seriously.

The guy just can't win.

Nope. Haha. Back in June he promised a grieving father some money and never followed through until being called out today.

This is all on him. Lied to make himself look good and got busted for being a bullshitter.

So he promised since June and just sends it now when people are talking shit about trump not contacting family members?

Obvious political stunt is obvious...But trumpsters are gonna act like Trump is a jesus-like character because of this.

giphy.gif

He sent it TODAY after the Washington Post contacted the White House asking for a comment. So yes, this is why it was sent.

The guy just can't win.
No, I don't assume he's doing it for personal gain, I assumed he made a gesture months ago and forgot about it, then I assume he's only sending the check now because he was contacted by the Washington Post for a comment on the story, which is what happened. Instead of just saying they forgot about it, they blamed the media for fabricating a story because "the check was sent" as if the check was sent before they were contacted, but that wasn't the case.

He sent it TODAY after the Washington Post contacted the White House asking for a comment. So yes, this is why it was sent.

I typed in a google search about this, and the first two stories were akin to

4 hours ago - Father of veteran says Trump promised check, never sent

3 hours ago - White house says check sent

I mean, how stupid do you have to be to not see the horseshit nature of this shit?

Hey guys! I just spotted one in the wild 6C906119-6D9A-4AC8-A92E-392771EC1F6B.jpeg

Nope. Haha. Back in June he promised a grieving father some money and never followed through until being called out today.

This is all on him. Lied to make himself look good and got busted for being a bullshitter.
Make him look good to one guy? What's the point of that? If he really wanted to look good he would have announced it as a major news story.

He probably just forgot, he is the president of the United States after all.

And people are just assuming that he doesn't donate because they don't like the guy.

Back