Trump Seeking Seasonal Foreign Labor

Trump loves the American worker as much as he loves the American military.

You can tell by how much he pays in taxes to support them.

When you do your taxes every year, do you try to pay as little as legally possible?

Or do you ever say, "Hmmm. I don't feel like I'm paying enough. Lemme remove that mortgage interest deduction."?

The ones bitching about this are the same ones that bitch about Trump wanting to build a wall. :rolleyes:

I'm also curious....

How many of you that are complaining about this also complained when E-Verify was removed from the 2009 stimulus bill?

Dear lord.

There are plenty of good reasons to bash Trump.....but this is really not one of them.

One of his businesses wants to bring in 6 (legal) foreigners to do a job that only lasts 4 months? Well hell, we might as well shut down the whole economy and surrender to Russia.

This kind of non-story is like the ultimate partisan test. Anyone who thinks this trivial matter reveals anything about Trump is nothing more than a hater--the kind of person who would complain if he shat golden eggs. You're REALLY grasping at straws. Shit on Trump all you want, but in cases like this, the only credibility you're attacking is your own.

Seasonal workers is how other western countries do their harvests without using illegal immigrants. Which destroys the democrat narrative that illegals are necessary.

Seasonal workers is how other western countries do their harvests without using illegal immigrants. Which destroys the democrat narrative that illegals are necessary.
shouldnt foreign seasonal workers be like last resort once you cant find home grown workers? Its not illegals who bring down wages in most places, its legal foreign workers

1. It's Donald Trump's son, not him.

2. He's applying to get them legal temporary work visas for a seasonal job, which hasn't even been approved, instead of just hiring illegals like many wineries do. I don't see the problem.

3. Between the winery, the vinyard's hotel, the management, the distribution, the office jobs, the service jobs, pretty much all the full-time jobs, you idiots think him requesting 4 month visas for 6 grape pickers makes his dad's entire campaign a sham? Good God, you guys are working really hard to try to hate someone.

What part of "I like immigrants, but they have to come here legally" is hard to understand? You people say something stupid like "Trump hates immigrants", and then act like that's just a given fact that everyone agreed with and accuse him of hypocrisy when it's contradicted by his son. If they hired no immigrants at all, you'd then say "ha, see, he is anti-immigrant". Like every company should, they hire lot of Americans and a few legal immigrants. This isn't hard stuff here.
One. All of this is nonsense. This is not trumps son. Trump has been doing this for decades.
Two. Trump's own immigration policy calls for a crackdown and cutting of these type of visas because they takeaway jobs for Americans and don't try to offer them to American's first.

shouldnt foreign seasonal workers be like last resort once you cant find home grown workers? Its not illegals who bring down wages in most places, its legal foreign workers

That makes no sense. Seasonal workers in Canada for instance get paid 10.25$, the same as other minimum wage workers, they aren't undercutting legal citizens. On the contrary, it's a bigger hassle for companies to bring them in than to hire Canadians.

Obama allowed illegals to take jobs in the U.S., it's hypocritical to accost Trump over this when their president has done much worse.

thefirstemporer, good morning!

you blame President Obama for allowing illegal immigrants to take jobs that US employers joyfully underpaid for?

lol.

there's alot of blame to go around, if this is a thing that vexes you.

to quote Ronald Reagan when he granted amnesty to legions of undocumented Americans;

I’ve spoken of the shining city all my political life,” Reagan said in 1989 as he left office, “but I don’t know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity.

And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and heart to get here
.”

Mr. Trump ran on the idea of creating jobs, i thought? by that i mean, jobs for citizens of the United States.

is it really possible that getting US citizens with the skill set necessary to work in the Trump owned vinyards is so difficult that Mr. Trump's family needs to apply for H2B visas to fill those jobs? what about at Mar a Lago? are US citizens with an aptitude in the hospitality industry so elusive that Mr. Trump needs to hire foreigners for the jobs?

- IGIT

Last edited:
So he's trying to legally hire legal immigrants?

First the left trashes him for "Hating" immigrants, now they're trashing him for hiring them...seems Trump just can appease the left no matter what.

Do leftists hate immigrants now?

".....seeks temporary visas under the H-2A program for the foreign laborers who would work for about four months at the vineyard...."

So, they're trying to legally hire workers to do a job for them? OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!

They want workers that pass background checks and have visas, and will pay their taxes? NO WAY!!!!!

You know, the vast majority of people in this country don't have a problem with legal immigrants, and legally documented foreign workers that come here to work, pay taxes, and not break the law.

/thread

Trump loves the American worker as much as he loves the American military.

You can tell by how much he pays in taxes to support them.
How much does the American gov't care about military veterans? 22 die of suicide everyday....shouldn't the VA be stepping up? Oh wait that must be Trump's fault too.

Then we should hire Americans for these jobs, right?

hello hello Anung Un Rama,

aye. i do believe that was Mr. Trump's platform.

i knew this wouldn't bother his supporters, of course, because "Trump is playing chess" or some such malarky.

- IGIT

How much does the American gov't care about military veterans? 22 die of suicide everyday....shouldn't the VA be stepping up? Oh wait that must be Trump's fault too.

Well, he did get a Purple Heart...

As a gift.

Back