Trump says Korea was part of China while meeting Chinese premier. Koreans are pissed?

To think your ancestors fought hard to keep their sovergnty and all they have to show for it is an angry korean mexican koot with no sense of pride.

Hey dumbass. How many times do I have to tell you? I'm an American expatriate of Korean descent living in Mexico.

And to be honest, I don't give a damn what goes on in Korea (well, aside from the North Korea problem), because I have no cultural ties to that country. I was born in NYC and grew up in LA. I can just tell by the tone of your post that you have a negative opinion of Mexicans. Get bent.

Remember the whole Dokdo dispute between Korea and Japan that occurred 7 years ago? This is the kind of stupid shit I had to witness in LA:

Dokdo+Island+billboard.jpg

They can take their propaganda and shove it up their ass. Korean immigrants embarrass me. Instead of setting aside some time to learn English and assimilate to American culture, they waste their time watching Korean media and paying attention to this sort of nonsense.

So you want to hate me because I'm more Westernized and cultured than you? By all means, go ahead. It's a free world anyway.

Que President Trump:

I will be the greatest historian on Asia the world has ever seen!

:)

koreans feeling slighted that they are part of chinese culture. <{Ray2}><{Ray3}>

I don't agree since the chinese are vastly more superior and have a richer history than the third place koreans

Well the Koreans have been more modern, and progressive these past 60-70 years.

Hey dumbass. How many times do I have to tell you? I'm an American expatriate of Korean descent living in Mexico.

And to be honest, I don't give a damn what goes on in Korea (well, aside from the North Korea problem), because I have no cultural ties to that country. I was born in NYC and grew up in LA. I can just tell by the tone of your post that you have a negative opinion of Mexicans. Get bent.

Remember the whole Dokdo dispute between Korea and Japan that occurred 7 years ago? This is the kind of stupid shit I had to witness in LA:

Dokdo+Island+billboard.jpg

They can take their propaganda and shove it up their ass. Korean immigrants embarrass me. Instead of setting aside some time to learn English and assimilate to American culture, they waste their time watching Korean media and paying attention to this sort of nonsense.

So you want to hate me because I'm more Westernized and cultured than you? By all means, go ahead. It's a free world anyway.
Precisely why you shouldnt comment on Korea and Korean culture

koreans feeling slighted that they are part of chinese culture. <{Ray2}><{Ray3}>

I don't agree since the chinese are vastly more superior and have a richer history than the third place koreans
Koreans dont deny great influence by historical China. They deny being a part of China.

A wise man once said that the best perspective is often an outside perspective.

Who else will see that the emperor may lack a certain cape or robe?

And you're making the assumption that I don't know shit about Korea and Korean culture because I don't give a shit about them?

I have a grandfather who fled from the North during the Korean War and settled in a little village in Pocheon, Gyeonggi-do. 200 pesos, 10 bucks, 10,000 Won says I know more about Korean history than you.

Well Singapore, and Hong Kong were Brit colonized. SK, Japan and Taiwan had USA support
And China had soviet USSR
<{1-3}>
A wise man once said that the best perspective is often an outside perspective.

Who else will see that the emperor may lack a certain cape or robe?
Well hes not korean except in his looks and even that is debatable but he often interjects his opinion about koreans followed by the admission that hes korean so he knows koreans but by his own admission here hes not, hes american.

Trump also called Syria Iraq and led into the bombings of Syria by talking about how good the chocolate cake is at Mara Lago.

The man is a fucking idiot

And you're making the assumption that I don't know shit about Korea and Korean culture because I don't give a shit about them?

I have a grandfather who fled from the North during the Korean War and settled in a little village in Pocheon, Gyeonggi-do. 200 pesos, 10 bucks, 10,000 Won says I know more about Korean history than you.
No because youre American

You seem to not understand why koreans are upset about trumps statement. Napoleon complex? How about because it was not a part of China like he said?

Well hes not korean except in his looks and even that is debatable but he often interjects his opinion about koreans followed by the admission that hes korean so he knows koreans but by his own admission here hes not, hes american.

Well, sometimes a Russian, or Aussie, or Nigerian may reveal a truth about our culture or background that we might miss because we think we understand everything about ourselves.

Alexis de Tocqueville revealed more about America than most Americans could ever see, because he could spot the differences, an outsider can always spot the differences.

To dismiss someone's arguments or observations because they are not "one of us" is a trademark "special appeal" in debate terms, a bit of a fallacy that hobbles our understanding of what is really true or false.

<36>

Oh, you silly head.

No because youre American

You seem to not understand why koreans are upset about trumps statement. Napoleon complex? How about because it was not a part of China like he said?

It was a harmless blunder. Nothing to get pissy about. No, Korea was never part of China in terms of sovereignty, but it did draw a lot of cultural influences from them. Their old alphabet system, Hanja, is based on Chinese characters.

Well, sometimes a Russian, or Aussie, or Nigerian may reveal a truth about our culture or background that we might miss because we think we understand everything about ourselves.

To dismiss someone's arguments or observations because they are not "one of us" is a trademark "special appeal" in debate terms, a bit of a fallacy that hobbles our understanding of what is really true or false.

Except he will use his ancestry or his one of us-ness to cite his claim about Koreans.

It was a harmless blunder. Nothing to get pissy about. No, Korea was never part of China in terms of sovereignty, but it did draw a lot of cultural influences from them. Their old alphabet system, Hanja, is based on Chinese characters.
Thanks professor. Tell us again how the world is not flat great mexican american scholar of korean history

Back