Trump says Korea was part of China while meeting Chinese premier. Koreans are pissed?

Korea is Samsung and KIA.

China is where cheap stuff and good food comes from.
If China didnt have mao or revolution, they would be very much like Korea today. You see a very ugly thing happen to their manners and values when confucanism was banned for russian communism. Its a very big shame .

If China didnt have mao or revolution, they would be very much like Korea today. You see a very ugly thing happen to their manners and values when confucanism was banned for russian communism. Its a very big shame .

pretty much this

That would require openly discussing the invasion of Europe by non-Europeans, which isn't allowed and would get you called a neonazi, accused of "marginalizing the truly oppressed" and possibly expelled from whatever institution you're attending/working at. GL.
Can you possibly name one example of this happening?

I dont think so, Chinese stereotypes predate Mao.

Really dumb

The article basically tells you why he iis overly emphasising Chinas role in korean history. Its like they did back in the Clinton era they want to resolve the issue with less South Korean involvement because South Korea obviously wants dialog diplomacy over war and America doesnt want that so theyre trying to go in cohoots with China and go hardline. Hes really just saying that to butter up beijing rather than piss off south koreans.
I was wondering how you were going to reconcile your Trump support with your normally pro-korea stance.

There's no evidence that Trump made this statement as a calculated move to ingratiate himself with China. The interview it came from makes it clear he's pretty much just parroting what Xi told him about the area. There's a lot more like this; this is just the one that blew up. If you go through the interview, it is plain that he is basing his view of international relations and history in Asia on what Xi just told him. At times he even directly used him as a source.

No they absorbed a good chunk of goguryeo though
Territories change over time, both Korea and China grew and shrank multiple times in the past century. No need to cry over spilled milk.

I don't know Korean history much but if one claims that Korea was once part of China because the Mongols who controlled parts of China also controlled parts of Korea , it would be akin to saying India ruled Burma because both were controlled by the Brits at 1 time.

@Zankou probably knows this stuff (Korean history)

I was wondering how you were going to reconcile your Trump support with your normally pro-korea stance.

There's no evidence that Trump made this statement as a calculated move to ingratiate himself with China. The interview it came from makes it clear he's pretty much just parroting what Xi told him about the area. There's a lot more like this; this is just the one that blew up. If you go through the interview, it is plain that he is basing his view of international relations and history in Asia on what Xi just told him. At times he even directly used him as a source.
I think the end game for US in that region stays the same whether or not he believes what Xi said. Makes little difference to the objective of removing Kim.

Territories change over time, both Korea and China grew and shrank multiple times in the past century. No need to cry over spilled milk.
If you believe Chinese Maoist historians.

I don't blame him, Asia and Africa are two of the most confusing countries to keep up with in all of history. But if Korea and China are in fact two separate states, Trump should try to respect states' rights here
Asia and Africa aren't countries. You must be a Trump supporter, I can tell by your general ignorance.

Asia and Africa aren't countries. You must be a Trump supporter, I can tell by your general ignorance.

I guess Trump haters are really bad at recognizing sarcasm.

inbe4 you realize faustian's humor went over your head and try to save face by saying you were being sarcastic too

Look I'm one of the biggest Trump haters in the WR but I think this is just proof of the medias false outrage towards Trump. Yeah he was wrong but I can see why he was easily confused. I mean can anyone (without Googling) tell me the difference of China and Korea? Exactly.
Yes. Stop making excuses for his ignorance. The culture is completely different, and the people are also physically larger and look different than the Chinese.

Ignorance and sarcasm are not the same.

You're right. He was feigning ignorance for comedic effect. He was ironically mocking the type of people that believe the silly things he typed. Pretty obvious, hence why even big Trump haters like Fawlty liked his post.

A4aAg.gif

Korea was part of the Yuan dynasty. So, since the Mongols conquered both it and China, and Kublai ran his empire from China, it could be considered part of China in a way. Of course, there's absolutely no way the buffoonish clown knew this.

Yes. Stop making excuses for his ignorance. The culture is completely different, and the people are also physically larger and look different than the Chinese.

Lol another post went over your head. He was also feigning ignorance. Irony 101. Christ, man.

Lol another post went over your head. He was also feigning ignorance. Irony 101. Christ, man.
So, I didn't read sarcasm in his post, and that makes me what? Do you know what irony is, Rex? Are you equating generally ignorant statements about foreign cultures as being the same as not getting a joke?

Back