Trump says Korea was part of China while meeting Chinese premier. Koreans are pissed?

No. I've posted my pictures, Youtube and Instagram videos here many times. By now, everybody should know I'm New York because I can't shut the fuck up about it.

Plus, I've revealed that I was born in the year of the dragon in that birthday thread. So nothing is new. Well, except for the fact that I was bit chunkier back then when that photo was take. I just got out of the Navy at that time.

Ah I see no problems then. I am just always cautious because of scammers and identity theft.

What I find very disturbing about Banchan is that she gives off an air of passive racism in her posts. I can sense a subtle condescending attitude towards Mexicans and other Asians from her.

She embarrasses me, and one should never make the mistake of thinking that she is a representative of Koreans as a whole. She's an extremist, and a weirdo to boot.

She's just a bitter, insecure person with a twisted sense of logic.

Talk all you want, Banchan, but no one cares what you think. Seriously.

You wouldnt know since you grew up in America and didnt even go to school in Korea.

Perhaps, but Pugilistic has served in the ROK armed forces and protected your dumbass from your hostile neighbor to the north.

Tell me, what have you done for your country besides whining and bitching and being an insufferable brat and a terrible representative of your country? Hmm?

Because it has nothing to do with the statement he made and my objection to it.

Are you interested in his statements, or in the full truth?

I am not trolling you, rather, feel it is more important to see all the possible perspectives than worry about Thunder, Lightening, or the storm caused by any poster.

Certainly the truth is many desires, angers, and absurdities crying out in many voices, but to recognize them, is to understand something more important.

What I find very disturbing about Banchan is that she gives off an air of passive racism in her posts. I can sense a subtle condescending attitude towards Mexicans and other Asians from her.

She embarrasses me, and one should never make the mistake of thinking that she is a representative of Koreans as a whole. She's an extremist, and a weirdo to boot.

She's just a bitter, insecure person with a twisted sense of logic.

Talk all you want, Banchan, but no one cares what you think. Seriously.

Why does any of this matter unless we are getting closer to the logic?

To be honest you both seem to be taking the debate personally, and a personal debate is about scoring points, not about what is good, what is right, or what is real.

Why does any of this matter unless we are getting closer to the logic?

To be honest you both seem to be taking the debate personally, and a personal debate is about scoring points, not about what is good, what is right, or what is real.

Like you've mentioned in the previous post, she has a tendency of resorting to personal attacks instead of tackling the truth and sticking to the main subject at hand.

She's called me a Mexican, a Chinese, a Vietnamese, and a Korean American (not that any these labels offend me, but I can sense a tone of racism in said labels), all in a ridiculous attempt to discredit what I said.

It seems like she wants to establish herself as the only authority of all things related to Korea. Unfortunately, she is biased to the point of absurdity, and will snap at anybody who disagrees with her in the slightest sense.

Like you've mentioned in the previous post, she has a tendency of resorting to personal attacks instead of tackling the truth and sticking to the main subject at hand.

She's called me a Mexican, a Chinese, a Vietnamese, and a Korean American (not that any these labels offend me, but I can sense a tone of racism in said labels), all in a ridiculous attempt to discredit what I said.

It seems like she wants to establish herself as the only authority of all things related to Korea. Unfortunately, she is biased to the point of absurdity, and will snap at anybody who disagrees with her in the slightest sense.

Perhaps, but that is no reason to get upset either.

"She's just a bitter, insecure person with a twisted sense of logic." Tu quoque my friend, tu quoque.

If she is wrong, if she persists, well, all you can control is yourself, and regret that she does not "get it." Not a cause to be aggravated, rather, for pity that she does not understand.

However, maybe she will in time, maybe she is young, maybe she is angry and frustrated, maybe a lot of things, but whatever she is done, or however you have reacted, pointing fingers leads to needless quarreling.

Start over, she might be foolish, you might be foolish, and everyday I am foolish a thousand times a day, but we all come here hopefully to try and see past that and learn something new.

They were never a puppet state of Russia. At one point the last Joseon king sought an alliance with Russia, but nothing came of it. The only time Korea could be argued to have been a puppet state was during the Goryeo dynasty after the Yuan invaded, and placed Yuan officials within the court, and intermarried the Korean royalty with Yuan royalty.

The Russians were trying to influence the Korean emperor big-time in the early 1900s but after they lost to the Japanese in the Russo-Japanese War they withdrew from Korean affairs and Korea became a vassal state of Japan again.

Literally all throughout Korean history except for a few brief periods they were a puppet, client, or vassal state or being conquered by another group. First, the Chinese, then the Kara-Khitai around the year 1000. Then the Mongols invaded and made them subjects from the early 1200s to the late 1300s. Then the Japanese invaded and conquered the whole country in the Imjin War. After they were expelled with Chinese help, the Manchus invaded. Then during the 1800s, Korea was attacked and occupied by various Western powers, before the Russians started making moves towards the Korean court, and later the Japanese who would make Korea a vassal state from the late 1800s to the end of WW2.

The Russians were trying to influence the Korean emperor big-time in the early 1900s but after they lost to the Japanese in the Russo-Japanese War they withdrew from Korean affairs and Korea became a vassal state of Japan again.

Literally all throughout Korean history except for a few brief periods they were a puppet, client, or vassal state or being conquered by another group. First, the Chinese, then the Kara-Khitai around the year 1000. Then the Mongols invaded and made them subjects from the early 1200s to the late 1300s. Then the Japanese invaded and conquered the whole country in the Imjin War. After they were expelled with Chinese help, the Manchus invaded. Then during the 1800s, Korea was attacked and occupied by various Western powers, before the Russians started making moves towards the Korean court, and later the Japanese who would make Korea a vassal state from the late 1800s to the end of WW2.
Your history sucks. I'll reply point by point when I sober up.

*eating popcorn.jpg*
Gonna be a while. Anyone who follows UFC play by play threads know I go hard on mixed drinks. Point is, he's wrong, and doesn't differentiate between puppet state and "vassal state," which is defined differently in the east than it is in the west.

Perhaps, but that is no reason to get upset either.

"She's just a bitter, insecure person with a twisted sense of logic." Tu quoque my friend, tu quoque.

If she is wrong, if she persists, well, all you can control is yourself, and regret that she does not "get it." Not a cause to be aggravated, rather, for pity that she does not understand.

However, maybe she will in time, maybe she is young, maybe she is angry and frustrated, maybe a lot of things, but whatever she is done, or however you have reacted, pointing fingers leads to needless quarreling.

Start over, she might be foolish, you might be foolish, and everyday I am foolish a thousand times a day, but we all come here hopefully to try and see past that and learn something new.

Who the hell appointed you to be the mediator of this argument?

Your post smacks of shallow pedanticism. If you have no dog in this fight, then I suggest you stay out of it.

Who the hell appointed you to be the mediator of this argument?

Your post smacks of shallow pedanticism. If you have no dog in this fight, then I suggest you stay out of it.

If I am wrong, then my apologies.

Do as you like, by all means, but honestly it looks more like quarreling than meaningful debate.

If I am wrong, then my apologies.

Do as you like, by all means, but honestly it looks more like quarreling than meaningful debate.

I'm through with her. Just wait and observe. Chances are, she'll come back with another ludicrous assertion about me to bait me back into this frivolous argument.

For example te Mughals, would you consider the Mughal Empire to be Turco-Mongol?

Ethnically they were Turko-Mongol, culturally they were Persian, but they gradually assimilated and became Indian.

Your understanding of history sucks Sohei.

You literally do not understand how vassalage worked in the East. China refused bilateral and trade relations with countries that did not pay tribute. It had nothing to do with being a conquered puppet state. The British Empire, the Dutch, and the Portuguese were also vassals state of China and also paid tribute to the Emperor. Like Korea, these Europeans nations willingly became vassals because it allowed them to gain access to the Chinese market and culture. Unless you believe China conquered the British Empire during its peak, please stop this nonsense about Korea being a puppet state because it paid tribute. Pretty much any sane nation would have done the same because it gave them access to the worlds largest market and established friendly non hostile relations as well.

Fun fact: Japan also paid tribute on a regular basis but was kicked out of the system after angering the Chinese. The Japanese actually sent representatives begging on their knees for the Chinese emperor to accept their tribute but the Chinese scoffed at them.

The events you listed are also completely wrong. Did you do any research at all?

1. The Chinese did not conquer Korea, they conquered small chunks of it. Korea also during this same period conquered parts of China as well. Does that mean Korea controlled China?

2. The Khitai (Khitans) didn't conquer Korea. In fact, Korea beat them in all three wars they had (Read: Goryeo-Khitan war).

3. The Japanese actually got their ass kicked during the Imjin war. What is this revisionist nonsense about the Japanese conquering Korea? The war ended with the Japanese running for their lives while the Koreans chased them during the Battle of Noryang. The Japanese lost nearly half of their surviving army during this battle.

4. The Manchus didn't conquer Korea. They conquered China instead. They forced the Chinese to shave their heads and wear a queue while mostly leaving Korea alone. It was during this time period that Korea decided to close off its borders and isolate itself from the rest of the world (hence the reason it became known as a Hermit kingdom).

5. Korea wasn't occupied by various western powers. What a load of shit. Korea did fight a small French invasion force and managed to kick the cheese eating white flag surrendering French out.

6. Japan didn't make Korea a vassal in the 1800s. They turned Korea into a colony during the early 1900s thanks entirely to modern weaponry.

Disregard everything posted in this thread and listen to me, I've lived in Korea for a year so I know literally everything there is to know. Korea has nothing to offer the world apart from depression, alcoholism, e-sports, and shamans. It's a dull country, I doubt anyone there knows or cares about Trump.

Also, Trumps is right, they're pretty much just Chinese. They got whipped by the Japs in WW2 and they're still bitter because a bunch of pokemon lovers bulldozed their "royal castle" and turned it into a zoo.

Here come the revisionists. Lol @ japan getting their asses kicked in the Imjin War. They occupied the whole country in weeks and Korean archers would shoot one arrow then flee when the samurai charged them. The Koreans had to ask for help from the Chinese and Jurchens because they were getting demolished. Only when they used their navy to cut off Japanese from supplying the occupying forces where they able to get them to leave.

Back