Trump says Korea was part of China while meeting Chinese premier. Koreans are pissed?

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
" AP Explains: How a single Trump sentence enraged South Korea "

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...p-sentence-enraged-south-korea-085449930.html

The artile also says historians outside China say Korea never was part of China.

"Throughout the thousands of years of relations, Korea has never been part of China, and this is a historical fact that is recognized internationally and something no one can deny," Cho June-hyuck, a South Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman, said Thursday.

They were part of Japan, not China.

Come on Trump.

That's how you really piss of Koreans.

I guess Iraq is a part of America. Who knew.

To be fair, I was told the same thing by a Chinese friend of mine about 8 years ago. He also told me that Korean writing was very recent.

Wikipedia tells me it dates from 1443, but I guess it's all relative.

I wonder if this was some kind of Freudian slip, indicating a possible deal of China absorbing NK in exchange for their support of a war.

To be fair, I was told the same thing by a Chinese friend of mine about 8 years ago. He also told me that Korean writing was very recent.

Chinese 'historians' should be viewed with skepticism. Lots of propaghanda in the Mid-East,South and East Asia masquerading as history.

For a long time Chinese scientific community kept trying to push regional independent evolution of Homo Sapien Sapiens ; they didn't accept Out of Africa and claimed the Chinese people evolved from pre Anatomically modern Humans into Anatomically modern humans in situ. Ironically lots of folks at Stormfront lapped this up and claimed it as proof Out of Africa was false.

I wonder if this was some kind of Freudian slip, indicating a possible deal of China absorbing NK in exchange for their support of a war.
Chilling but very possible.

Chinese 'historians' should be viewed with skepticism. Lots of propaghanda in the Mid-East,South and East Asia masquerading as history.

For a long time Chinese scientific community kept trying to push regional independent evolution of Homo Sapien Sapiens ; they didn't accept Out of Africa and claimed the Chinese people evolved from pre Anatomically modern Humans into Anatomically modern humans in situ. Ironically lots of folks at Stormfront lapped this up and claimed it as proof Out of Africa was false.

What? you are saying that Muslims didnt settled in America before the Spanish?

It's 4-d chess again.

This is like the third time in a week President Trump has shown how little he knows about international politics and the state of our military. Lets also not forget he thought he sent a Navy fleet to the region when they were going the opposite way.

President Trump is very clearly not worthy of office. It's like that Daily Show clip where they show Donald Trump talking about how he wouldn't let the winner of the Apprentice actually run his business because they have no real experience. Then the show substitutes his business with the White House and how President Trump has no experience and shouldn't be trusted with it.

I don't blame him, Asia and Africa are two of the most confusing countries to keep up with in all of history. But if Korea and China are in fact two separate states, Trump should try to respect states' rights here

That is incredibly recent for a script.

Is there any actual proof that he even said this?

Is there any actual proof that he even said this?
OP link was to Associated Press article.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...rump-it-s-actually-never-been-a-part-of-china

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal last week, Trump said Xi told him during a recent summit that “Korea actually used to be a part of China.” The comments sparked outrage in Seoul and became an issue in South Korea’s presidential race, prompting the foreign ministry to seek to verify what Xi actually said.

Am not a WSJ subscriber so can't read their interview .

I thought it was Vietnam. You know, one of those oriental counteries or sumthing.

What? you are saying that Muslims didnt settled in America before the Spanish?
Oh you Hispanics... just throwing shade at Muslims for Andalusia.
No worries, zee Muslims will reconquista Al Andalus ; Both ISIS and Al Qaeda have called for the reconquest of Spain , cause once a Muslim land always a Muslim land . Anything less is Islamophobic.

Hard to believe he stumbled into that. If you pay any attention, which he clearly doesn't.

China colonized parts of modern day Vietnam and Korea on and off throughout its history, but that doesn't mean Korea belongs to them. If that's the case, Mongols can claim ownership over large parts of Europe and entire Asia since they ruled it at one point.

Back