Trump right about statues

No.

Thomas Jefferson was more than just a slaveholder. He had a key role in forming the government we have today (The most perfect form of government ever known to man) along with the Declaration of Independence.

That's why, despite the bad things he did I think his statues are fine.

None of the confederate that have statues have that claim.

Are there any Native American slave owners that have statutes that live up to him?

If not, tear down their statues.

images

Trump gave a speech saying it starts at the confederate Generals and where does it stop.
Of course the Leftist media said "oh just the confederates"

which side is right and which side is wrong once again

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21015/it-has-begun-vandals-behead-statue-saint-junipero-paul-bois
IT HAS BEGUN: Vandals Behead Statue Of Saint Junipero Serra

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21017/racist-anthem-francis-scott-key-memorial-emily-zanotti
'Racist Anthem:' Francis Scott Key Memorial Vandalized In Baltimore
'Star Spangled Banner' author tagged with spray paint overnight

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20984/black-lives-matter-protesters-attack-jefferson-hank-berrien
Black Lives Matter Protesters Attack Jefferson Statue At University Of Virginia

Chief Guard Barnes: Violence makes violence.
- A Clockwork Orange

PS Just let this be a warning. Once you allow one seemingly "ok" BS thing to happen it snowballs.
Think about this in regards to the 1st and 2nd amendments

Ofcourse Trump was right, Antifa are terrorists.

Comparing state action to the action of a handful of asshats.

That's trump supporter level derp.

Give a inch want a mile.

It's their way.

And is why people fight the left when they say they just want "this little common sense thing".

Comparing state action to the action of a handful of asshats.

That's trump supporter level derp.
Who said anything about state actions?
We are talking about the people who are taking down statues and destroying them.

It is THESE people not the state that are taking them down whether by vandalism or by petitioning the state.

But nice simpleton view of the issue you have there. You making fun of asshats would be like me making fun of conservatives.

Give a inch want a mile.

It's their way.

And is why people fight the left when they say they just want "this little common sense thing".

I would say it is more: We have an ultimate agenda the majority would not accept. So lets start with some low hanging fruit that we may get the mainstream to agree with. Then as we commit one little sin after another then the big sins don't seem so bad.

Give a inch want a mile.

It's their way.

There's a difference between a local government deciding to take a Jim Crow era statue down and some university vandals destroying their own campus.

You can choose to ignore that difference but at that point everyone should just ignore you.

Thomas Jefferson wasn't a Confederate.
Please, don't pretend like this is about a slippery slope. You're just using Thomas Jefferson and the slippery slope argument to try to justify keeping confederacy crap like the statues. Hey I'm cool with keeping Jefferson, Washington, Columbus as statues of that ilk but let's destroy everything confederacy related like statues/flags. Agreed? Of course you don't. And all the trump people pretending to be outraged by this don't either , which takes me back to my original point, the confederacy lost, get over it.
Btw though I completely disagree with your politics but you seem like a good dude and more of your posting and posters like you are needed in the CFB threads.

Please, don't pretend like this is about a slippery slope. You're just using Thomas Jefferson and the slippery slope argument to try to justify keeping confederacy crap like the statues. Hey I'm cool with keeping Jefferson, Washington, Columbus as statues of that ilk but let's destroy everything confederacy related like statues/flags. Agreed? Of course you don't. And all the trump people pretending to be outraged by this don't either , which takes me back to my original point, the confederacy lost, get over it.
Btw though I completely disagree with your politics but you seem like a good dude and more of your posting and posters like you are needed in the CFB threads.

I'm actually ok with moving the Confederate statues to museums or private property. You obviously haven't read my posts in the past. I'm only against the vandalism. These statues can be moved legally.

This thread is about the removal of statues and monuments who might be slave related. Francis Scott Key and Thomas Jefferson had nothing to do with the Confederacy unless you argue that the South followed the Jeffersonian style of government.

The problem with this mob mentality is where does it end? Our entire history is tied to slavery. It can't be erased or hidden from. It happened, it was a way of life. We shouldn't forget it, but learn from it.

Last edited:
The daily wire is hard to read. It feels like I am reading something written by some 15 year old forum poster with every right wing buzz word imaginable.

With that said, I agree with Trump on this. Might as well go ahead and just delete all of history now, people get upset about everything.
I don't get this equating ditching statues to "deleting history".
That's an absurd stretch.

I don't get this equating ditching statues to "deleting history".
That's an absurd stretch.
Because they are moving beyond just Confederate monuments. It's reaching anything slave related, like Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Francis Scott Key and the Star Spangled Banner, etc. I'm still trying to figure out the whole Key and National Anthem thing. That's a stretch, but BLM was founded on a lie, so...

Because they are moving beyond just Confederate monuments. It's reaching anything slave related, like Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Francis Scott Key and the Star Spangled Banner, etc. I'm still trying to figure out the whole Key and National Anthem thing. That's a stretch, but BLM was founded on a lie, so...
It's taking the course all knee jerk reactions do.
Getting rid of statues doesn't "delete history" and in fact is a great opportunity to address history. A lot of these statues were erected during the restoration period for dubious reasons.

It's taking the course all knee jerk reactions do.
Getting rid of statues doesn't "delete history" and in fact is a great opportunity to address history. A lot of these statues were erected during the restoration period for dubious reasons.
I get the Confederate monuments, but it needs to end there.

Back