Trump Reneges on Iran Nuclear Deal, Citing Non-Existent Violations

@lfd0311

Whats your opinion on what actually needs to be done? start a war with Iran?

1.- So? they still gave it all according to both Russia and the IAEA, they would have to start from near zero.

No they didn't Rod, that was never the agreement. And we aren't allowed to verify they don't have any on thier military bases or undeclared nuclear sites.

2.- 4 to 20 times more efficient isnt enough, it took several years to reach the current stockpile with thousands of centrifugues.

For f**k sake Dude. Do you even read what I post? They still get to use the same amount of just IR-1 Centrifuges that they were using when they were exclusively using the IR-1 to build that stockpile. They now also get to use at least 1000 IR-4s and all of there IR-5 and 6's which are much more efficent than the IR-1. Again, what about what I'm saying is not connecting for you?

3.- There is no evidence of Iran secret military enrichment facilities.

Because they won't let us search their military facilities, that's why there is no evidence of that. Come on, Rod.

4.- At not point was it argued that the deal was about denuclearization of Iran, Iran wont give up its nuclear program without a fight, it was about delaying the breakout window. The most important part of it being that Iran give up all its enriched uranium and stop enriching uranium.

I agree at least that it wasn't about denuclearization. Everyone needs to be clear about that. What also needs to be clear is this deal doesn't even prevent them from doing what it's actual stated purpose is.
5.- Ray Takeyh has which insider information again? Does he gets the same briefings as the SecDEF and the CJCS? Does he has the same technical knowledge as the top American nuclear scientists?

Ray Takeyh is one of the dudes giving those briefs. He's an expert on Iran

Dont come and drop names while you ignore the experts on the matter and those that have the insider knowledge. Specially if said people go and parrot the classical "Iran supports the murderous Assad" slogan.

If that's all you took from that, then you didn't pay attention, as I expected.

Annex I of the JCPOA limits Iran's enrichment centrifuge R&D work to the IR-4, IR-5, IR-6 and IR-8 designs only. For the IR-8, only single machines can be tested for the first eight and a half years after the implementation of the agreement.

But to some this could be misunderstood.

No they didn't Rod, that was never the agreement. And we aren't allowed to verify they don't have any on thier military bases or undeclared nuclear sites.

Again with this level of complete dishonesty.

Again, show me where on the link does it says that Iran isnt complying with the 300kgs limit and the 300kgs limit is part of the agreement.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said on Thursday that Iran's stock of low-enriched uranium is being used for peaceful purposes, and did not exceed the agreed limit of 300kg.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...nuclear-deal-iaea-report-170831161509190.html

Ill reserve the rest of the points until you address this, because otherwise is just talking to a wall.

Where is the evidence that Iran has more than the declared 300kgs.

Ray Takeyh is one of the dudes giving those briefs. He's an expert on Iran

Ray Takeyh is a bitter neocon loser.

He's the archetype of the bitter dissident who can't let go. He periodically teams up with other neocon stalwarts like dubowitz, edelman and the rest of the FDD anti-Iran team.

He's so consumed by hatred of Iran that he cannot think clearly.

This. Everyone is saying Iran didn't violate the deal. From what I can see, they did. It was a bad deal in the first place, and Trump is getting us out of it. I agree with him on this.
Why, exactly, is it a worse deal than doing nothing? Why do you think his own Secretary of Defense wants to keep the deal and what do you and Trump know that he doesn't? Why do you think pulling out now could possibly be a good thing if it destroys American credibility on the world stage with everyone watching?

Why, exactly, is it a worse deal than doing nothing? Why do you think his own Secretary of Defense wants to keep the deal and what do you and Trump know that he doesn't? Why do you think pulling out now could possibly be a good thing if it destroys American credibility on the world stage with everyone watching?

Because she is an Israeli shill, and if Israel feels threatened by a non-nuclear prosperous Iran then the deal is bad.

It was a bad deal because
a) I do not believe the Iranians are sincerely putting aside their attempts to develop nuclear weapons.
b) We are giving something substantial in return for something insubstantial.

Because she is an Israeli shill, and if Israel feels threatened by a non-nuclear prosperous Iran then the deal is bad.
Lol, where are you coming from with this? Can you point to anything I said in this thread that even begins to justify your little outburst here?

Lol, where are you coming from with this? Can you point to anything I said in this thread that even begins to justify your little outburst here?

Your Netanyahu fanboyism.

Its not an outburst, im merely pointing out that the thing Israelis and Arabs fear is not nuclear Iran, but a non-nuclear Iran that wont be contained by the US government.

It was a bad deal because
a) I do not believe the Iranians are sincerely putting aside their attempts to develop nuclear weapons.
b) We are giving something substantial in return for something insubstantial.
That's depressingly intellectually dishonest and typical of someone who has fallen victim to truthiness.

That's depressingly intellectually dishonest and typical of someone who has fallen victim to truthiness.
How is it intellectually dishonest? I sincerely believe the Iranians made the deal insincerely.

I clearly stated it in such a way as to demonstrate that it was my belief. It is intellectually dishonest of you to call that dishonest without showing cause.

Your Netanyahu fanboyism.

Its not an outburst, im merely pointing out that the thing Israelis and Arabs fear is not nuclear Iran, but a non-nuclear Iran that wont be contained by the US government.
A quick search of my post history shows I have two comments ever about Netanyahu. Both show that I like him, but it is absurd to think that a prolific poster like myself saying something about him twice constitutes fanboyism.

You aren't advancing an argument here, just making personal attacks.

A quick search of my post history shows I have two comments ever about Netanyahu. Both show that I like him, but it is absurd to think that a prolific poster like myself saying something about him twice constitutes fanboyism.

You aren't advancing an argument here, just making personal attacks.

What in particular makes you think Iran isnt complying with the deal? whose evidence are you basing this on?

What in particular makes you think Iran isnt complying with the deal? whose evidence are you basing this on?

So now you want to talk about the actual issue at hand rather than spuriously insulting me? Fine. I said plainly I do not trust Iran's intentions to cease their attempts to develop nuclear weapons, mainly based on years of strong rhetoric from them.

Further I do not trust this deal to impact their quest for nuclear weapons substantially, largely because a similar deal failed badly at keeping North Korea from developing nuclear weapons. We've been down this road before and it didn't work well. It's wishful thinking.

So now you want to talk about the actual issue at hand rather than spuriously insulting me? Fine. I said plainly I do not trust Iran's intentions to cease their attempts to develop nuclear weapons, mainly based on years of strong rhetoric from them.

I apologize for calling you an Israeli shill.

When has Iran shown strong rethoric towards attaining nuclear weapons?

Further I do not trust this deal to impact their quest for nuclear weapons substantially, largely because a similar deal failed badly at keeping North Korea from developing nuclear weapons. We've been down this road before and it didn't work well. It's wishful thinking.

North Korea never complied to a deal and outright kicked inspectors 4 years before building their first bomb.

The notion that NK built their nuclear weapon while complying to a nuclear deal its a bold faced fallacy. North Korea went 4 years without inspections before they tested their first bomb.

There were also reports of Kim Jong Il looking to give up its nuclear program in exchange for a non-aggression treaty and a lifting of sanctions, which Bush Jr. outright ignored.

Iran and NK is the unsung legacy of Bush Jr. disastrous foreign policy and it seems Trump wants to give it another go.

How is it intellectually dishonest? I sincerely believe the Iranians made the deal insincerely.

I clearly stated it in such a way as to demonstrate that it was my belief. It is intellectually dishonest of you to call that dishonest without showing cause.
Because there is no factual basis for such a belief considering the Defense Secretary is publicly supporting Iran over the POTUS, and your point # 2 was inaccurate. They are substantially hobbling their capabilities. That's only insubstantial to you because of your beliefs. It's the very definition of truthiness.

Back