Trump Reneges on Iran Nuclear Deal, Citing Non-Existent Violations

Dude, I just am right. I actually read and know what I'm talking about. I've actually read the reports, unlike you, who continue to ignorantly repeat like a parrot the dishonest views of someone else.

From the very first paragraph of your link:

You apparently didn't read this response I posted earlier, to the exact same link:

Acocording to that link, they still have on the high side of 10,000 pounds of enriched uranium, with another 18,000 available to convert, which they can according to the agreement, with 15 years left to do it in. So in no way did they give up "almost all" of their stock pile. Again, I'm aware of what date this information comes from.

Secondly, they have more than enough left over to make a bomb. In fact, using the measurements provided by the Wisconsin project of just the Enriched Uranium still on hand according to your link they can make 4. If you factor in the material that can be further enriched, which they are again allowed to enrich per the agreement, and they can make an additional 12.

Iran is permitted to hold 300 kilograms, or about 660 pounds, of low-enriched uranium under the deal. But that is not enough to produce a single weapon.

Thats what the link says.

Where did you get the 10,000 pounds number, please quote directly.

This is unarguably the dumbest blunder of the Trump admin yet. Actually going through with airstrikes or war would be such a colossal error.

What part of "conducting business as usual" doesn't equate to "honoring their end of the deal" in your mind? All they had to do to honor their end of the deal was to sell of some of thier stock pile, "take out of service" a few thousand centrifuges they weren't using and hadn't been using anyway, and keep producing enriched uranium at a rate they've been producing it at for the last few decades. Sounds like that's a pretty easy standard to meet to hold up your end of the agreement, doesn't it?

If it's good enough for SecDef, the CJCS, and the rest of the nations that helped broker the deal, it's good enough for me.

All centrifuges and all enriched uranium are not the same. One aspect of the Iran deal is that Iran cannot produce or research and design new centrifuges for 10 years. I read the agreement as that the parties involved are consolidating enrichment to one facility. That's their goal anyway. Even though Iran at the time of the agreement had over 15000 centrifuges, they are only allowed to use 5,060 at a time. But like I stated bofre, just because they are using these centrifuges it doesn't mean the centrifuges are capable of producing HEU. And just because they have enriched uranium, doesn't mean it passes the 5% or 3.67% threshold set in the agreement.
The uranium that is enriched to a certain percentage, over a certain percentage will be reprocessed or mix or diluted enough to only be used in the Fardow tech and research center.
But we can't confuse enrichment as oh shit it's bomb grade stuff.

russia wants the iran deal

sounds like a good enough reason that it should be ended... i say turn up the heat in the middle east, let israel launch an attack on iran and ally with saudi in there conflict

maybe the islamic republic might collapse... i would like that... chaos is a ladder xD

sounds like a good enough reason that it should be ended... i say turn up the heat in the middle east, let israel launch an attack on iran and ally with saudi in there conflict

maybe the islamic republic might collapse... i would like that... chaos is a ladder xD
source.gif

All centrifuges and all enriched uranium are not the same. One aspect of the Iran deal is that Iran cannot produce or research and design new centrifuges for 10 years. I read the agreement as that the parties involved are consolidating enrichment to one facility. That's their goal anyway. Even though Iran at the time of the agreement had over 15000 centrifuges, they are only allowed to use 5,060 at a time. But like I stated bofre, just because they are using these centrifuges it doesn't mean the centrifuges are capable of producing HEU. And just because they have enriched uranium, doesn't mean it passes the 5% or 3.67% threshold set in the agreement.
The uranium that is enriched to a certain percentage, over a certain percentage will be reprocessed or mix or diluted enough to only be used in the Fardow tech and research center.
But we can't confuse enrichment as oh shit it's bomb grade stuff.

That is absolutely, objectively, not even remotely true.

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/UF-Iran-tests-new-generation-centrifuge-under-JCPOA-3101177.html

Iran has for the first time injected uranium hexafluoride (UF6) gas into its IR-8 uranium enrichment centrifuges. The development of the next-generation centrifuges is being carried out within the framework of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI) said.

A statement issued by the AEOI on 28 January said the injection of UF6 into the centrifuges marked an important step in the country's uranium enrichment research and development. It described the IR-8 as 'one of the most advanced centrifuges designed and built by Iranian scientists'. The design has an enrichment capacity 'about twenty times' that of the first-generation IR-1 centrifuges already in operation in Iran, and has been undergoing mechanical testing for the last three years.

This is not a good deal. It doesn't prevent Iran from doing anything. It in fact in many ways forces them to get rid of their oldest centrifuges in favor of their more modern ones.

Secondly, The parties involved didn't consoldate enrichment to one facility neccesarily. They got the Iranians to agree to only enrich uranium at Natanz, the facility where the overwhelming majority of the enrichment was going on, and to no longer enrich it at Fordow, something that according to the IAEA they haven't been doing for almost 5 years now. So it was incredibly easy for Iran to get to Implementation Day. They just continued doing what they've been doing for the past decade plus, and that was enough to give them billions of dollars and preen like he'd just won. This agreement is garbage.

OF course they do. They got the US to agree to allow their ally to eventually become a nuclear power, to continue enriching uranium, and to exclusively buy and sell thier enriched and unenriched uranium to and fro, Russia. Putin is literally laughing all the way to the bank at Obama's expense once again.

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/UF-Iran-tests-new-generation-centrifuge-under-JCPOA-3101177.html

This is not a good deal. It doesn't prevent Iran from doing anything. It in fact in many ways forces them to get rid of their oldest centrifuges in favor of their more modern ones.

Secondly, The parties involved didn't consoldate enrichment to one facility neccesarily. They got the Iranians to agree to only enrich uranium at Natanz, the facility where the overwhelming majority of the enrichment was going on, and to no longer enrich it at Fordow, something that according to the IAEA they haven't been doing for almost 5 years now. So it was incredibly easy for Iran to get to Implementation Day. They just continued doing what they've been doing for the past decade plus, and that was enough to give them billions of dollars and preen like he'd just won. This agreement is garbage.
  • Tehran may resume producing IR-1 centrifuges if its stock of replacement centrifuges “falls to 500 or below.”
    • For 10 years, Iran is to refrain from pursuing R&D on any technologies other than gas centrifuge enrichment.

• Tehran may resume producing IR-1 centrifuges if its stock of replacement centrifuges “falls to 500 or below.”
    • For 10 years, Iran is to refrain from pursuing R&D on any technologies other than gas centrifuge enrichment.

Do you know what the IR-1 Centrifuges are? They're the old ones. The ones from the early 80s. They don't want those. You get that right? They have almost 10 thousand of them and have never used all of them. You get that right? So getting rid of a bunch of them that they weren't using to meet the requirements of some agreement is meaningless. You get that too, right? Read that whole article. They can "only" enrich uranium in the IR-4, 5, 6 and 8's, and the 8's are the brand spanking new ones that they aren't even done testing yet. That's exactly what they want to do, and what they've been planning to do since long before this agreement was signed, so how does this prevent them from continuing to do whatever the hell the want to do?

Do you know what the IR-1 Centrifuges are? They're the old ones. The ones from the early 80s. They don't want those. You get that right? They have almost 10 thousand of them and have never used all of them. You get that right? So getting rid of a bunch of them that they weren't using to meet the requirements of some agreement is meaningless. You get that too, right? Read that whole article. They can "only" enrich uranium in the IR-4, 5, 6 and 8's, and the 8's are the brand spanking new ones that they aren't even done testing yet. That's exactly what they want to do, and what they've been planning to do since long before this agreement was signed, so how does this prevent them from continuing to do whatever the hell the want to do?
You're essentially playing a position that can't really be proven because you go back to the old "if they wanted to they could produce s weapon anytime they please." Going off that argument no matter what type of deal we sign with a potential nuke power, they could always backtrack and develop nuke weapons. No shit. With the new gas centrifuges, who is monitoring the design and development of this work?

You're essentially playing a position that can't really be proven because you go back to the old "if they wanted to they could produce s weapon anytime they please." Going off that argument no matter what type of deal we sign with a potential nuke power, they could always backtrack and develop nuke weapons. No shit. With the new gas centrifuges, who is monitoring the design and development of this work?

The premise of the agreement is that it stops them from having any ability to make a nuke. That is objectively not the truth. That's my point. They can make a nuke and do it without wandering outside of the parameters of the deal.

\

Again, read your own sources.

The agreement requires Iran to begin phasing out its first-generation IR-1 centrifuges "in ten years". During that time, Iran is allowed to continue to conduct enrichment R&D "in a manner that does not accumulate enriched uranium". Annex I of the JCPOA limits Iran's enrichment centrifuge R&D work to the IR-4, IR-5, IR-6 and IR-8 designs only. For the IR-8, only single machines can be tested for the first eight and a half years after the implementation of the agreement, after which testing of cascades of up to 30 machines may begin.

They can only test only one machine at a time for the first 8.5 years and they arent allowed to keep the enriched uranium, they need to immediatly dillute it.

So they are left with only 300 kgs of enriched Uranium and their enriching capabilities are limited to 5000 of the oldest centrifugues.

They arent building new centrifugues, just testing them.

The premise of the agreement is that it stops them from having any ability to make a nuke. That is objectively not the truth. That's my point. They can make a nuke and do it without wandering outside of the parameters of the deal.

Eh no, the premise of the agreement is delaying the breakout for at least one year.

\

Again, read your own sources.

The agreement requires Iran to begin phasing out its first-generation IR-1 centrifuges "in ten years". During that time, Iran is allowed to continue to conduct enrichment R&D "in a manner that does not accumulate enriched uranium". Annex I of the JCPOA limits Iran's enrichment centrifuge R&D work to the IR-4, IR-5, IR-6 and IR-8 designs only. For the IR-8, only single machines can be tested for the first eight and a half years after the implementation of the agreement, after which testing of cascades of up to 30 machines may begin.

They can only test only one machine at a time for the first 8.5 years and they arent allowed to keep the enriched uranium, they need to immediatly dillute it.

So they are left with only 300 kgs of enriched Uranium and their enriching capabilities are limited to 5000 of the oldest centrifugues.

They arent building new centrifugues, just testing them.

Again, read the thread. They already aren't using a large portion of thier old ass IR-1s. Those things are almost 40 years old. So this agreement "prevents" them from using a bunch of old centrifuges that are the oldest and least efficient, that they already aren't using, and "forces" them to use their newer centrifuges that enrich uranium at a massively higher rate than the IR-1s, of which they get to continue using 5060, which is essentially the maximum output they've had over the last decade. Please, please explain to me what this is preventing them from doing. A single IR-8 can enrich uranium at 20 times the rate of an IR-1, an IR-4 at 5 or 6 times. This deal is impeding nothing.

Eh no, the premise of the agreement is delaying the breakout for at least one year.

Supporters of this deal in this thread can't even seem to come to an agreement on this.

Again, read the thread. They already aren't using a large portion of thier old ass IR-1s. Those things are almost 40 years old. So this agreement "prevents" them from using a bunch of old centrifuges that are the oldest and least efficient, that they already aren't using, and "forces" them to use their newer centrifuges that enrich uranium at a massively higher rate than the IR-1s, of which they get to continue using 5060, which is essentially the maximum output they've had over the last decade. Please, please explain to me what this is preventing them from doing. A single IR-8 can enrich uranium at 20 times the rate of an IR-1, an IR-4 at 5 or 6 times. This deal is impeding nothing.

They cant build these centrifugues on a large scale, nor keep the byproducts of whatever R&D produces.

The deal isnt supposed to denuclearize Iran, since Iran is complying with the IAEA and the NPT.

The objective of the deal was to delay any possible rush for a bomb.

Iran would have to kick the inspectors build a large amount of centrifugues, install them and begin enriching. That takes a while.

Back