Trump reaches deal on DACA with dems, no wall | Page 4

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Joe, Sep 13, 2017.

1. FrankensteinMMA Sookies boyfriend

FrankensteinMMA
    Mexicans are not Venezuelans. Different culture with different ties to the United States.

Cities that are mexican majority do not resemble 3rd world countries (MAYBE L.A. TO SOME).

The attitudes towards politics from 2nd generation mexicans isnt what you think.

2. Cuauhtemoc Red Belt

Cuauhtemoc
    On the bright side they are not muslims

unimackpass likes this.
  3. IngaVovchanchyn Steel Belt

IngaVovchanchyn
    As a conservative, I can get behind this. My big questions are

1. Whether we are leaving DACA in place or just giving an amnesty to those kids already born under it. It's a) only tenuously legal and b) provides massive incentive for pregnant women to swim the Rio Grande, so to speak. But deporting tens of thousands of people is never going to work very well.

2. Whether there's any substance to the enhanced border security. That's what I want. The wall is a symbol of that. I'll sacrifice the symbol for the substance any day.

4. ripskater Double Yellow Card

ripskater
    Well what do you want Trump to do?

5. themainman Black Belt

themainman
    wise words you need to follow Ripskater

Rebound59 likes this.
  6. IngaVovchanchyn Steel Belt

IngaVovchanchyn
    Also, I have always thought that Dems missed a golden opportunity with Trump. To the extent that the man has any political principles, they seem to be center left. He's basically a life long New York liberal. I think they could have gotten more with honey than they have thus far with vinegar, especially since he and the Republican establishment don't get along well.

Maybe the Dems are beginning to sense this as well.

Juventud, M3t4tr0n, Kafir-kun and 3 others like this.
  7. ripskater Double Yellow Card

ripskater
    I'll ask you the same question, what do you want to see Trump do on this issue?

thechoice2 likes this.
  8. unimackpass Purple Belt

unimackpass
    There's already a functioning culture that's working , and making progress. Like you say second generation mexicans aren't what Europe is dealing with. I was really hoping that brexit would totally come through for them.

9. IngaVovchanchyn Steel Belt

IngaVovchanchyn
    Liberals expect Trump to do what Obama would have done. When Congress wouldn't do what he wanted, he just passed an executive order. Case in point, DACA.

While Trump is completely unrestrained when it comes to Twitter, he's been notably restrained in terms of properly deferring to both the judiciary and the legislature within their spheres.

unimackpass likes this.
  10. EL GOAT Double Yellow Card

EL GOAT
    To me , it all seems like a publicity stunt.

Trump knows that getting rid of DACA/Wall are stupid ideas and the wall will be hard to implement....they knew the democrats will come to the table.

Now he it will make him seem as if he is a man of reason and the conservatives will be like "OMG border security!".

He needs this "win"...Charlottesville really fucked up his image LMFAO.

11. sniper Sergei Provider

sniper

ripskater likes this.
  12. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom.

GearSolidMetal
    Thank you, President Cuck, for running for President on being tough on illegal immigration, and turning around and not giving a damn about it.

Democrats should rejoice! Not just because Trump is turning into Obama on immigration policy, but at this rate he's fracturing his supporter base from 2016, and it's very questionable how much of it will show up for 2020's election.

Trump is making the potentially fatal mistake of thinking that everybody that voted for him actually likes him, when a big portion of his voters either like his policies or hates Hillary.

In 2020, he's possibly going to be running for reelection with absolutley nothing to show for in terms of actual legislation passed into law.

Democrats - If I was in your party, I'd be looking out for potential nominees that will ignite your base the same way Bill Clinton did in '92, and Obama did in '08, because Trump is his own biggest enemy.

thechoice2 and Rebound59 like this.
  13. unimackpass Purple Belt

unimackpass
    Let's hope so. Wouldn't it be ironic if Trump became some kind of unifier that no one saw coming. Not to the point of going left but at least making a reasonable attempt to be civil and communicating about the possibilities.

14. sniper Sergei Provider

sniper
    Trump is going to unite these worthless, out dated good old boy parties and finally make them start doing work for the good of the country.

If you don't support that, fuck you.

15. unimackpass Purple Belt

unimackpass
    Pretty much this.

ripskater likes this.
  16. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

Fawlty
    Since DACA isn't a law, I don't think it's going to remain in place. Trump has signaled enough times that he is fine with legalizing the status of this group, but he doesn't want to be responsible for it as an executive policy (that's smart btw). There's basically zero chance that amnesty comes out of this political environment, and if it created such a massive incentive, why has that not borne out? The answer is that it isn't a massive incentive. Illegal immigration is still declining, despite the campaign of lies. Your pregnant Rio Grande thing is very out of touch. So proven that it's not a massive incentive, and it being obvious that amnesty is not an option, what's left is either another game of kick the can, or legalizing them. It then becomes a question of how much the republicans are willing to engage, and how effective Trump is at making them engage. The last thing Trump wants is to have to kick out almost a million people.

One big question is whether these people should be dealt with separately, or as part of immigration reform. The safe guess is that they will be dealt with separately, because very few republicans are willing to reform despite their politically correct complaints about the system.

17. Rod1 Yellow Card

Rod1
    So DACA is going to make the US vote communists into power?

18. K1levelgrappler Brown Belt

K1levelgrappler
    Hillary runs again in 2020, Trump switches parties and beats her in the dem primary, wins second term with 100% of the vote and gives us open borders and full communism.

Not too shabby!

7437 likes this.
  19. Rod1 Yellow Card

Rod1
    STFU Britain is the only country in the world that still has major politicians sweet talk about Venezuela, well Britain and Bolivia.

Venezuela experiment is done, left wing politicians have lost literally in every major country of Latin America worth its salt.

20. FrankensteinMMA Sookies boyfriend

FrankensteinMMA
    I have been saying it since the begining that he was full of shit.

Too many people believe things because of want to be true and not what actual evidence provides.

Trump never really bothered to talk about _how_ he would implement anything, he just used buzzwords during his campaign and after.

His base has seen him flip flop and they just make excuses, which is irresponsible because they should be holding him accountable.

Trump knows he can get away with bullshitting because people defend him anyways.

"Liberal tears" for the time being is more important than putting any real preassure on your idol.