Trump reaches deal on DACA with dems, no wall

White House saying the wall wasn't part of that deal:

Hopefully a reasonable method will develop that everyone ,or most, can get on board with.

Not gonna happen. Mass immigration will continue and the USA will be turned into a carbon copy of Venezuela.

Well they are/were illegal, but that was negotiated that they will get to stay.
In this particular case it's "why" they were illegal seems to be the bigger issue, principle over "letter of the law".
Feel relieved it turned out this way.

DACA has a really high approval rating so it would be pretty stupid for Trump to target the most sympathetic group of illegal immigrants. Also, I think he really enjoyed the press he got for the debt ceiling deal so he's rolling with that. Schemer and Pelosi could probably trick him into signing Medicare for All at this point.

This is how it is when you have a president who has no genuine political views. Whoever figures out how to talk to him and satiate his lizard brain Pavlovian response gets whatever they want.

DACA has a really high approval rating so it would be pretty stupid for Trump to target the most sympathetic group of illegal immigrants. Also, I think he really enjoyed the press he got for the debt ceiling deal so he's rolling with that. Schemer and Pelosi could probably trick him into signing Medicare for All at this point.

This is how it is when you have a president who has no genuine political views. Whoever figures out how to talk to him and satiate his lizard brain Pavlovian response gets whatever they want.
I feel like Flynn must have been a master of this, maybe Bannon too, but they couldn't ignore the forces pushing them out. It is a little worrisome how easily he can be manipulated by positive response though.

If this results in less illegals crossing the border and better border security, then this is a good thing for America.
Donald Trump wasn't elected to negotiate with the traitorous Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.

the wall was always a negotiating tactic. nobody ever thought Trump was actually going to build a giant 100 foot wall. if you did then you are just a moran.

I'm British. The left-wing over here are hell bent on flooding Britain with Muslims. They sure love wrecking nations. I'll enjoy watching the USA get transformed into Venezuela. You do realise that's what's going to happen, yes?

Yes, if only Venezuela built a wall. All their problems would be solved.

I feel like Flynn must have been a master of this, maybe Bannon too, but they couldn't ignore the forces pushing them out. It is a little worrisome how easily he can be manipulated by positive response though.

Yeah Trump would have gassed the DACA recipients if he thought it would have won him the same praise. For now I'll take sane, humane policy when I can get it. The next episode of Wheel of Trump might not go in our favour.

What do you mean unimackpass?
It's not like they snuck in but were born here and many have productive lives and contribute to the bigger picture. I'm sure there are many variations and stories but overall it's a healthy humanitarian approach. Remember the whole concept of the Pharisees having a zeal for the law but forgot what it's ultimate purpose was:).
If we find a way to tighten up the boarders and wisely vet people coming in from potentially dangerous areas it will be going in the right direction.

Yes, if only Venezuela built a wall. All their problems would be solved.

It would have definitely softened the current collapse. During Venezeula's "up" period it was flooded with millions of unskilled migrants from neighboring Columbia who simultaneously burdened (quantitatively) and propped up (ideologically) an unsustainable control economy. On the flip side their insecure southern border now presents a security hazard for Brazil.

The US will inevitably suffer a similar fate but it's pretty hopeless to rouse awareness when most people favor fashionable sarcasm.

Shit is getting interesting

Back