International Trump/Putin Summit

Whoever it was who exposed Hillary campaign's emails deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.
Do you realize Trump would be so jealous of Putin winning the Nobel that he'd cry himself to sleep every night? Do you really want that on your conscience? :D

Do you realize Trump would be so jealous of Putin winning the Nobel that he'd cry himself to sleep every night? Do you really want that on your conscience? :D

The worst part when the media gets you guys all riled up and confident is the lame jokes that follow

I did NOT claim that Trump is compromised. I said he MAY be, Earlier in the thread I also said I really dont think his is. I think just plain ego explains his seemingly inexplicable behavior.

Ego explains a lot of his behavior, but certainly not his obsequiousness and chronic deference to Putin. I mean Putin made him wait for an hour, and the flight time from Moscow to Helsinki is 1 hour and 45 minutes, commercially, and Trump didn't even stand up to that.

Someday, they will write books on how Putin managed to drive the most powerful nation on earth to the brink of civil war and hardly broke a sweat.

Watching Putin with other world leaders is like watching a Chess Grand Master play against people who can barely remember the names of the pieces.

:) No. Putin is a dolt, but one of our parties has undergone a complete intellectual and moral collapse, which made them ripe for this kind of takeover. We need for the principled right to take a stand against this kind of thing, and maybe create a new party.

I am no longer amazed at how you can twist and turn to maintain your trump apologist stance.

He can literally claim 1 day later that what he has said was the exact opposite of the words he spoke a day earlier, and to you, he was still right on both days.

SAD!!!!!
I never said if he was right or wrong. I said people overreacted to what he said because they did. That said, its a serious situation BECAUSE of that reaction. It called for a response from the president whether he was right or not.

Anyone remember what Hillary said after she called Trump a puppet?

It's pretty clear you won't admit that the Russians have engaged in cyberattacks against the United States of America, that you encouraged espionage against our people, that you are willing to spout the Putin line, sign up for his wish list, break up NATO, do whatever he wants to do, and that you continue to get help from him, because he has a very clear favorite in this race.

Thank God we didn't vote for the highly accomplished, highly intelligent, highly perceptive candidate... America might have gotten better. Fucking whew.

Reminder this is not something new with Trump. He will never stand up to his handler.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/10/14/politics/donald-trump-mh17-plane-russians/index.html

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump doesn't believe there is enough evidence to blame pro-Russian separatists for last year's downing of a commercial airliner over Ukraine -- despite the fact that the U.S. intelligence community believes "with confidence" that pro-Russian separatists shot it down.

"That's a horrible thing that happened," he said. "It's disgusting and disgraceful but Putin and Russia say they didn't do it, the other side said they did, no one really knows who did it, probably Putin knows who did it. Possibly it was Russia but they are totally denying it."
Trump was responding to a question from CNN noting that the U.S. government assesses that the several points of available evidence all point to Russia.

The question from CNN came after Trump was asked on MSNBC Wednesday about a new report from Dutch investigators that Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down by a Russian-made rocket and warhead -- and asked what he would do as president to hold Russia accountable.
U.S. intelligence determined with confidence soon after the attack that a Russian-supplied missile brought the jet down from territory controlled by pro-Russian separatists. U.S. intelligence continues to stand by that assessment.
"They say it wasn't them," Trump said. "It may have been their weapon, but they didn't use it, they didn't fire it, they even said the other side fired it to blame them. I mean to be honest with you, you'll probably never know for sure."

:) No. Putin is a dolt, but one of our parties has undergone a complete intellectual and moral collapse, which made them ripe for this kind of takeover. We need for the principled right to take a stand against this kind of thing, and maybe create a new party.

Agreed, Putin is actually a pretty shitty liar, the reasons he gave during the press conference about how he couldn't have dirt on Trump were easily refuted, and Wallace had him squirming like a toad and bitching when Wallace was cutting off his rambling prevarications with direct questions. The gem was Putin's attempt to slough off the mysterious murders of his political enemies because JFK and MLK were murdered in the USA.

You can accuse Putin of many things, but being stupid isn't one of them. Of course, Trump makes it easy for him. But Putin is a past master of geopolitical manipulation.

Western politicians like to joke that politics is a blood sport. When they say that in Russia, it's not a metaphor. Cross the wrong people in Russian politics and your seat in the Duma isn't the only thing you could end up losing. That Putin has clawed his way to the very pinnacle of such a brutal system tells you all you need to know about the man.

Back