Trump nominated dude who tripled price of insulin to regulate price of insulin

Fanu

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ar-history-with-drug-pricing-at-lilly-2017-11

https://www.thenation.com/article/a...ady-been-a-disaster-for-people-with-diabetes/

During Azar’s tenure, Eli Lilly raised the prices on its insulins in the United States by 20.8 percent in 2014, 16.9 percent in 2015, and 7.5 percent in 2016. Eli Lilly’s biggest seller, Humalog insulin, is now off-patent. But rather than becoming cheaper, Humalog costs more now than when it first came to market in 1996. When Azar started working at Eli Lilly in June 2007, the list price for a vial of Humalog was $74. When he quit in January 2017, it was $269.

The gains came despite the fact that the insulin, which as a medication has an almost-century-long history, hasn't really changed since it was first approved.

At T1International we asked people with type 1 diabetes around the world how much they paid each month to stay alive. The United States topped every country, spending on average $571.69 per month on diabetes costs. Even with insurance, some Americans are spending around half their income on insulin and other supplies.

In fact, price gouging from Eli Lilly and other insulin manufacturers has already had deadly consequences. Shane Patrick Boyle, a founder of Zine Fest Houston, died on March 18 after his GoFundMe campaign to pay for insulin came up $50 short. Alec Raeshawn Smith, age 26, was found dead in his apartment on June 27. He was rationing his insulin after he aged out of his parent’s insurance coverage.

draining the swamp bitches

"He will be a star for better healthcare and lower drug prices," President Donald Trump said in a tweet announcing Azar as his pick on Monday. Azar is Trump's choice to replace Tom Price, who resigned from the position in September after his use of private jets was reported to have cost taxpayers more than $1 million.

Trump, who once said that drugmakers are "getting away with murder," has promised to get rising drug prices under control.

so under Trump, USA is now more than ever in hands of corporate interests

"According to the United States Senate: "The Constitution's first three words—We the People—affirm that the government of the United States exists to serve its citizens. For over two centuries the Constitution has remained in force because its framers wisely separated and balanced governmental powers to safeguard the interests of majority rule and minority rights, of liberty and equality, and of the federal and state governments.""

^this should be changed "exists to serve wealthy citizens only"

people in US will die cause they cant afford a drug that costs pennies (in comparison) in other countries

Last edited:
Yo, I'm more rugged than slaveman boots
New recruits, I'm fuckin' up MC troops
I break loops, and trample shit, while I stomp!
A mudhole in that ass, cause I'm straight out the swamp

who cares if people die if Trump makes liberals cry

not enough about Trump's twitter in this thread

Is this Trump proving he was going to save us all money on healthcare?

Great appointment from Trump. Who better than someone with vast experience on this specific issue?

MAGA

Ironically most of Trump supporters are probably the once that need insulin.

What's next making meth illegal?

P.S it's ones.

Correcting a Germans English grammar skills....

Winning!

Poor people should go to their local gym juicehead dealer. In my old gym one guy sold 300iu for 30 EURO, which like $32-35 I think.

What's next making meth illegal?

P.S it's ones.

Correcting a Germans English grammar skills....

Winning!

Slightly of topic but I do actually welcome corrections.
Once or ones those are things that don't make sense if you are a native German speaker so only repeat usage will fix that.
<PandaHi75>

Poor people should go to their local gym juicehead dealer. In my old gym one guy sold 300iu for 30 EURO, which like $32-35 I think.

Yeah? It's $38.80 AUD for 7500iu here in Oz.
(That's @$29 USD for 75mL compared to $269 USD for 10mL in the US apparently)

I heard he wants to appoint El Chapo as drug czar next.

bullish! maybe I should buy some insulin stawks

Good 'ole America, land of the free INGSOC

Slightly of topic but I do actually welcome corrections.
Once or ones those are things that don't make sense if you are a native German speaker so only repeat usage will fix that.
<PandaHi75>

Just don't do the same to me, It's only my first language and you are German after all...

P.S just noticed your location... You're not visiting family are you?

I kid, I kid :)

You're not though right?
<6>

Just don't do the same to me, It's only my first language and you are German after all...

P.S just noticed your location... You're not visiting family are you?

I kid I kid :)

No, I run for the PoTWR election with a Hitler gimmick. So I thought it was funny to change that to Argentina :).

http://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ar-history-with-drug-pricing-at-lilly-2017-11

https://www.thenation.com/article/a...ady-been-a-disaster-for-people-with-diabetes/

draining the swamp bitches

so under Trump, USA is now more than ever in hands of corporate interests

"According to the United States Senate: "The Constitution's first three words—We the People—affirm that the government of the United States exists to serve its citizens. For over two centuries the Constitution has remained in force because its framers wisely separated and balanced governmental powers to safeguard the interests of majority rule and minority rights, of liberty and equality, and of the federal and state governments.""

^this should be changed "exists to serve wealthy citizens only"

people in US will die cause they cant afford a drug that costs pennies (in comparison) in other countries

With all those guns in America and no one can seem to aim them in the right direction.

Back