Trump may fire Mueller next week

They weren't even really friends outside of work. They never visited each others homes. They didn't hang out.

They're former coworkers
The did have that made for epic television stand-off with Bush WH at the Ashcroft bedside.

Is that you, Hannity?

Being friends from a working relationship with someone tangential to the case does not make "the whole thing inappropriate." There's law governing this sort of thing. Feel free to cite the part supporting your opinion.
The fact of the matter is, the perception is there, making him a very poor choice at best. I'm not really concerned with what could be legally proven to be a conflict of interest, it objectively looks bad.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-fire-mueller-next-week-750432

According to Democratic Congresswoman Jackie Spier, there is a rumor floating on the hill pertaining to Donald Trump apparently ready to fire Special Investigator Robert Mueller next week, while congress will not be in session.

So, do you think he'll try it?

Do you think Rosenstein will go through with it?

Would we see bipartisan impeachment hearings?
He doesn't have the balls to.
If someone wants to make a sig-bet, I am game.

The fact of the matter is, the perception is there, making him a very poor choice at best. I'm not really concerned with what could be legally proven to be a conflict of interest, it objectively looks bad.
So if you "perceive" as bad, that makes it bad? And that justifies your original perception.

Cool. It's rare to find circular reasoning with such a small diameter.

I've decided that I perceive literally everyone else as bad because the perception from changing investigators would be bad. I guess it's even and they may as well keep mueller.

Yea...nope

https://www.snopes.com/comey-mueller-besties/

And of course the whole thing originated from Breitbart. Who could have guessed. Speaking of conflict of interest, does it bother you at all that the 'news' source you seem to place so much trust in is run by the guy who helped Trump ascend to the presidency, then held a position as trusted adviser in the WH? But yea, probably nothing funky going on there at all.
One of your experts in the article "It's not a black and white question. …"

The perception is there. The bias in the investigation is all over the news. It's objectively a shit show.

So if you "perceive" as bad, that makes it bad? And that justifies your original perception.

I've decided that I perceive literally everyone else as bad because the perception from changing investigators would be bad. I guess it's even and they may as well keep mueller.
That perception is based on the facts of their relationship. People can talk about their friendship being exaggerated, but these are grown men. They're obviously not having sleepovers at each other's houses. But they have a long relationship that makes Mueller a poor choice if one is looking for a neutral look into the issues. This is common sense.

Newsweek has become a terrible source. They've been doing almost daily "this is it" hit piece #resist stories since inauguration.

It's tiring seeing them on news portal sites.

Their brand used to be a quality news magazine too. which is sad.

I don't know how you managed to respond pithily to such a cognitive dumpster fire, but well done. Holy Christ...

Don't fire him.

The investigation is compromised, and laughable... but don't stop them. Never stop an opponent from making a mistake.

Disband the FBI and CIA after they fail - use this joke of an investigation as evidence against them.

If true, USA would be so much closer to being ruled by dicktator and I'm not sure if there are any R's at all to oppose him and do something to save USA.

That perception is based on the facts of their relationship. People can talk about their friendship being exaggerated, but these are grown men. They're obviously not having sleepovers at each other's houses. But they have a long relationship that makes Mueller a poor choice if one is looking for a neutral look into the issues. This is common sense.
Its common sense that a working relationship with Comey does not make him a poor choice. Comey is not the subject of the investigation. It's also common sense that grown men, especially grown men with stellar professional records, are capable of not letting things like a former work relationship affect their analysis of something that is tangentially related at best.

And the purpose of a prosecutor is not to be neutral. You're thinking of judges.

Isn't that what the left is doing non stop in this thread and in regards to the russia investigation?
<Huh2>

in before mueller resigns because of sexually harassing a woman 30 years ago.

Don't fire him.

The investigation is compromised, and laughable... but don't stop them. Never stop an opponent from making a mistake.

Disband the FBI and CIA after they fail - use this joke of an investigation as evidence against them.
This reasoning is just as bad as rationalizing that it's actually good if Mueller is fired, because it would presumably make Trump look bad. It's just terrible thinking. Granting that you're right (nope), it is in spite of injustice that justice prevails. All the outcomes of injustice are in the set of outcomes arising from injustice.

He should, Mueller's relationship with Comey has made this whole thing inappropriate from day one. Throw in all the recent developments and how can any objective person think this shit show should continue? There is literally zero credibility.
What does his relationship with Comey have to do with anything? Is Comey the one under investigation or is he a witness?

Its common sense that a working relationship with Comey does not make him a poor choice. Comey is not the subject of the investigation. It's also common sense that grown men, especially grown men with stellar professional records, are capable of not letting things like a former work relationship affect their analysis of something that is tangentially related at best.

And the purpose of a prosecutor is not to be neutral. You're thinking of judges.
No, it's common sense that someone without that relationship would be a better choice. The shit we're seeing on the news regarding the investigation is exactly why anyone with a real or perceived bias is a terrible choice. There are polls showing most voters believe Mueller has a conflict of interest. So, how exactly is that a good thing?

And no, obviously I am not thinking of judges. Unless you're arguing that Mueller is supposed to be biased, I have no idea what you're even trying to say.

One of your experts in the article "It's not a black and white question. …"

The perception is there. The bias in the investigation is all over the news. It's objectively a shit show.

Again, as reported by Breitbart, which is nothing more than a propaganda rag for the current administration. A "friendly working relationship" isn't a conflict of interest, and you'd sure as shit be able to prove if one grown man has been another's best friend for 20 years.

i think mueller even want's to be fired at this point, considering he has nothing on trump and this "investigation" is becoming more and more embarrassing for him and his laughable team.
him being fired by trump he can spint it around one last time and say look i'm the good guy of justice and they fired me.

Back