Trump looking at literally grabbing guns, and I agree

Yeah, I think come the day after the election 2020, the wisdom of staying home on election day 2016 will become apparent.

I didnt vote in the last election because the DNC did Bernie dirty, but I'll be voting the next election.

Those DNC cunts couldn't have dreamed of a better outcome.

"Anyone subject to such an order would not be allowed to buy or obtain more guns while the order was in effect."

Is this no more guns or taking the ones you already have?

Trump 2020

You are a fucking moron if you believe that. Hillary being such an unlikable cunt that people like me refused to vote for her helped you guys, find a conservative who isn't running on "liberal tears" that can capture is Bernie bros Bros and maybe you have a chance.

Legit curious, do you hang out with Trump supporters? I don't know many.

You are a fucking moron if you believe that. Hillary being such an unlikable cunt that people like me refused to vote for her helped you guys, find a conservative who isn't running on "liberal tears" that can capture is Bernie bros Bros and maybe you have a chance.

Are you still fucking crying....Jeez dude get a hobby.

he wont get any support for this, its also the first thing hes done i agree with.

This slope seems quite slippery.

Especially when "dangerous" can be interpreted in many ways by many people.

I like this idea overall; it would work a LOT better if we had universal healthcare, though. I love how everyone agrees that mass shootings are indicative of a public mental health crisis— then they propose every solution under the sun EXCEPT funding for better mental health treatment.

If it were Obama we'd be halfway to a civil war over it.

Hypocritical cunts.
This.
he wont get any support for this, its also the first thing hes done i agree with.
Also this.

Only, you have to realize Trump hasn’t “done” this; someone told him about the idea and he said “good.”

Just like when someone told him about Russian backed civilian casualties in Syria, he said “That’s bad.”

There was no initiative on his part, and there will probably be little follow through.

I like this idea overall; it would work a LOT better if we had universal healthcare, though. I love how everyone agrees that mass shootings are indicative of a public mental health crisis— then they propose every solution under the sun EXCEPT funding for better mental health treatment.

This.

Also this.

Only, you have to realize Trump hasn’t “done” this; someone told him about the idea and he said “good.”

Just like when someone told him about Russian backed civilian casualties in Syria, he said “That’s bad.”

There was no initiative on his part, and there will probably be little follow through.
yea, it seems he agrees with whoever is standing in front of him at the time, righties will lose their shit if it actually happens

Why would you support the DNC when they sabotaged Bernie and are now calling him a russian stooge? They literally silenced you Bernie Bros and marginalized your movement. They moved you and shouted you down when you objected. They haven't acknowledged it or apologized for it. In fact they are pushing the narrative that both Bernie and Jill Stein's movements were Russian backed plots and not genuine movements to be respected.

And yet you're already planning on supporting them in 2020? Lol. What has Trump done that is so bad that you're ready to sacrifice the last little bit of integrity you guys had?

Why would you support the DNC when they sabotaged Bernie and are now calling him a russian stooge? They literally silenced you Bernie Bros and marginalized your movement. They moved you and shouted you down when you objected. They haven't acknowledged it or apologized for it. In fact they are pushing the narrative that both Bernie and Jill Stein's movements were Russian backed plots and not genuine movements to be respected.

And yet you're already planning on supporting them in 2020? Lol. What has Trump done that is so bad that you're ready to sacrifice the last little bit of integrity you guys had?
Hey now you voted for a Republican but does that mean you supported the RNC?

On topic, I gotta give Trump credit. He's at least trying something and it seems like a fair compromise, I guess we're seeing that Art of the Deal we were promised!

Now, maybe the SCOTUS torpedoes his idea but even still at least you can't say he didn't try. And specifically I like this part about it so far:
The Trump administration is looking at encouraging states to enact the legislation, possibly by tying grant money as a reward for those states to adopt the idea, one of the people said.
Double points for more state's rights friendly approach, as opposed to trying to enact federal law and forcing it on all states.

He’s throwing a bunch of shit at the wall so media can’t say he’s not doing anything about it. Red Herring

How are you found to be "at risk"?

I ask cause I am looking at a potential move to the Seattle area and I am looking at studio apartments and we have a law here where your neighbors/loved ones can report you to the cops as being "at risk" and the cops show up and take your guns and like throw you in the hospital mental ward for a night or two. My understanding is that at THAT point you have to petition to get your firearms back. I don't want some shitlord roommate that has never left Bellevue to call the cops on me cause I threatened my friend on Xbox live after he got us killed in like Battlefield 1 and shit.

People may scoff at that but remember fuckhead kids did that "SWATting" shit in the past.

Easiest thing is to get your own place.

That fits in line with the 8th amendment and there have been plenty of cases arguing what crimes the death penalty is considered excessive punishment. The language of the 2nd amendment doesn't say anyone can have a gun within reason, rather that their right to bear arms can't be infringed.

The 2nd is not an unrestricted right.

Hey now you voted for a Republican but does that mean you supported the RNC?

Right. Unless the RNC carries on the America First/Trump agenda I probably won't be voting RNC post-Donald Trump just as I didn't vote for them pre-Donald Trump.

I watched the RNC try to take the nomination away from Trump and the voters...unlike Agony I haven't forgotten that. The only reason they couldn't pull it off was because unlike the Bernie Bros...the Trump voters, thanks to the conservative alt-media like Infowars, were aware of what was happening were ready to burn down the convention if they the RNC followed through.

Bernie bros on the other hand watched it happened and rolled over like Bernie himself. The liberal alt-media like the Young Turks rallied behind Hillary as well.

No respect for a Bernie bro still willing to vote DNC.

On topic, I gotta give Trump credit. He's at least trying something and it seems like a fair compromise, I guess we're seeing that Art of the Deal we were promised!

Now, maybe the SCOTUS torpedoes his idea but even still at least you can't say he didn't try. And specifically I like this part about it so far:

Double points for more state's rights friendly approach, as opposed to trying to enact federal law and forcing it on all states.

Well I really don't like to hear Trump talking about any kind of gun control measures. I take solace in the fact that, unlike the libs and democrats, I know his motivation here is not to demonize guns/the 2A or punish law abiding gun owners. He's not "after" guns and gun owners whereas I believe the Dems and libs are. No two ways about it tho...I don't support any encroachment on the 2nd amendment because I know an inch eventually will turn into a mile.

With that said...his approach of increasing gun control measures while also arguing for armed teachers and guards is probably the most well balanced, compromising approach to this issue politically. It would also actually attack the problem and not just win votes. Same thing he did with DACA. He picked the best compromise politically and one that would actually help solve the problem.

And yet you guys want to kick this guy out and go back to the Bush/Obama/Clinton establishment era politics as usual? Why?

Right. Unless the RNC carries on the America First/Trump agenda I probably won't be voting RNC post-Donald Trump just as I didn't vote for them pre-Donald Trump.

I watched the RNC try to take the nomination away from Trump and the voters...unlike Agony I haven't forgotten that. The only reason they couldn't pull it off was because unlike the Bernie Bros...the Trump voters, thanks to the conservative alt-media like Infowars, were aware of what was happening were ready to burn down the convention if they the RNC followed through.

Bernie bros on the other hand watched it happened and rolled over like Bernie himself. The liberal alt-media like the Young Turks rallied behind Hillary as well.

No respect for a Bernie bro still willing to vote DNC.
You're just assuming that because he might vote against Trump that he'd be voting for the favored candidate of the DNC and that's not necessarily the case, that's what I was getting at.

If the candidate is either Bernie or, more likely, someone else from that wing of ht party who wins the nomination why wouldn't a leftist prefer them over Trump? I think even @Jack V Savage, biggest critic of Bernie on the left in the WR, would vote Bernie over Trump.
And yet you guys want to kick this guy out and go back to the Bush/Obama/Clinton establishment era politics as usual? Why?
Maybe some but not everyone. I'll give the devil his due but I'm overall not a fan of Trump for reasons like his tax bill(let's not get into it since its off topic, agree to disagree for now).

Back