International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

Epic, simply epic :')

japantrump2.gif

It will become harder and harder to hold this view as time goes on. Plenty of Trump's detractors say he "looks like" or "sounds like" an idiot, but the results for our country have been undeniably positive. I actually think the North Korean summit is the least of his accomplishments (though the contrast with Obama's "strategic patience" is astounding). Trump's willingness to buck the orthodoxy on issues such as free trade, immigration, and regulation have improved the economy and raised the standard of living nationwide.

Trump is not perfect. No one is. But this is a man with the courage to fix obvious problems – and piss of powerful interests who have aligned to ensure those problems are never fixed. People who thought they hated Trump are starting to take notice.

You're lying about his accomplishments thus far.

Remember Joe, we're being civil. I see things differently from you. I'm not "lying," and I'm not "evil."

Come on, you know you're not even giving a real viewpoint now. An honest Trump supporter would say he has very few inarguable accomplishments, but has taken many actions whose outcomes are still unknown and has had many other attempts at actions obstructed.

When you say that his results for the country are undeniably positive you're no longer giving a reasoned assessment and are just repeating Trump-supporter rhetoric.

Come on, you know you're not even giving a real viewpoint now. An honest Trump supporter would say he has very few inarguable accomplishments, but has taken many actions whose outcomes are still unknown and has had many other attempts at actions obstructed.

When you say that his results for the country are undeniably positive you're no longer giving a reasoned assessment and are just repeating Trump-supporter rhetoric.

I am giving you my honest opinion. Of course I agree that he "has taken many actions whose outcomes are still unknown and has had many other attempts at actions obstructed." But it's also true that our country is doing quite well by most objective metrics, at least relative to the last couple decades. I give Trump credit for that, because those measures were proximately affected by his decisions. I could write a long post about it with lots of hyperlinks and sources, like I do for legal topics (I write plenty of in-depth posts on this forum, and very few of them get read). I think I'll save that for another day.

I am giving you my honest opinion. Of course I agree that he "has taken many actions whose outcomes are still unknown and has had many other attempts at actions obstructed." But it's also true that our country is doing quite well by most objective metrics, at least relative to the last couple decades. I give Trump credit for that, because those measures were proximately affected by his decisions. I could write a long post about it with lots of hyperlinks and sources, like I do for legal topics (I write plenty of in-depth posts on this forum, and very few of them get read). I think I'll save that for another day.

I'd be curious if you would do an honest assessment or repeat the usual lies of Trump supporters. Trump supporters tend to pretend he didn't inherit a strong economy with a low (and dropping) unemployment and really like to pretend that his war on terror hasn't been a complete disaster (for instance, the Taliban note control more of Afghanistan than they ever have before). This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the lies of Trump supporters.

I'd be curious if you would do an honest assessment or repeat the usual lies of Trump supporters. Trump supporters tend to pretend he didn't inherit a strong economy with a low (and dropping) unemployment and really like to pretend that his war on terror hasn't been a complete disaster (for instance, the Taliban note control more of Afghanistan than they ever have before). This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the lies of Trump supporters.
One thing is the defense of the average Trump supporter, the administration has done a great job of sensory overload and the Democrats as well as the media have really played into that overload as well. Let's face it we live in a society that if shit isn't resolved within a 30 minute show including commercial breaks people lose interest, that's a majority of Americans not exclusively Trump supporters. Trump prepped all the economy stuff before the election with the "it should be doing better than it is" rhetoric. Add to that that there were and still are areas in the rust belt that aren't bearing the fruit that the rest of the country is. Now some of those areas were starting to do better before Trump but he played on the image of the "elite" east and west coasters getting fat off their misery that the slow recovery was just timed well with his entry into office. Much like his claims that the Pruitt EPA has made the "air and water cleaner than it's been in years".

The true impacts of Trump's policies in regard to the economy are still fluidly developing. The tariffs thing I think is going to have the biggest direct short term impacts. He is already losing some support because while he's taking a shotgun affect approach to the tariffs based on antiquated views the other countries are taking targets almost sniper like precision tariffs on areas where Trump's base is strongest. Realistically we won't know the full effect of Trump's policies for at least another six months to year. Unfortunately most economists are predicting a recession, now some are predicting it regardless of Trump but the general consensus is that some of Trump's policies will exacerbate this upcoming recession and make it even more world wide, with this time China won't be the one bright light leading us out of the tunnel with their cash flow. As they will be hit very hard, yes Trump's tariffs and policies will hurt them bad, but the collateral damage to others and ourselves will make it akin to cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Afghanistan was pretty much always a lost cause regardless of who was in command. Can't really blame Trump for that one, it was going to happen either way. If he really wants to build a wall, he should build one around that country and do the rest of the world a favor.

Afghanistan was pretty much always a lost cause regardless of who was in command. Can't really blame Trump for that one, it was going to happen either way. If he really wants to build a wall, he should build one around that country and do the rest of the world a favor.

No, that is pure Trump. When Obama left the Taliban were reduced to their least influential levels in Afghanistan. Trump's military policies quickly reversed the situation and now the Taliban control more than they ever have.

No, that is pure Trump. When Obama left the Taliban were reduced to their least influential levels in Afghanistan. Trump's military policies quickly reversed the situation and now the Taliban control more than they ever have.
That's not entirely true, the Taliban has been fluctuating. Part of that was also the seasonal fighting. Part of it is fluid alliances, one day you could be fighting someone that last week was your allie. Also they situation in Afghanistan is more akin to the Hatfields and McCoys fighting than an actual civil war or whatever we want to call it. I will say that Trump did screw up in attacking some of the other "extremist" groups in the country that really had no dog in the fight but since they were islamists and they were readily available targets it made for good press I guess. Also the fact that we haven't exploited the fact that Islamic State and the Taliban hate each other, lumping them all together has pretty much put the "enemy of my enemy" mantra firmly in the Taliban's hands. They have to some degree worked with IS, with the exception of IS violating the recent cease fire and attacking Taliban resources. Honestly we should just negotiate something with the Taliban, give them a seat at the table and call it a day. It isn't as though the people we are supporting are much better than them anyway.

I wanted North Korea to nuke South Korea
I view any success here as a major loss for my Democratic Party

Signed democrats

We should all be pulling for the agreement to fail so our side can win

That's not entirely true, the Taliban has been fluctuating. Part of that was also the seasonal fighting. Part of it is fluid alliances, one day you could be fighting someone that last week was your allie. Also they situation in Afghanistan is more akin to the Hatfields and McCoys fighting than an actual civil war or whatever we want to call it. I will say that Trump did screw up in attacking some of the other "extremist" groups in the country that really had no dog in the fight but since they were islamists and they were readily available targets it made for good press I guess. Also the fact that we haven't exploited the fact that Islamic State and the Taliban hate each other, lumping them all together has pretty much put the "enemy of my enemy" mantra firmly in the Taliban's hands. They have to some degree worked with IS, with the exception of IS violating the recent cease fire and attacking Taliban resources. Honestly we should just negotiate something with the Taliban, give them a seat at the table and call it a day. It isn't as though the people we are supporting are much better than them anyway.

Oh shit, I actually meant ISIS. I remembered wrong. Trump's government let them take over Afghanistan and then tried to suppress all information about it.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...ent-numbers-isis-data.3703929/#post-138171061

Completely bizarre. What a weird time to be alive. North Korean anthem played at a pro trump event.

I tried to find a non leftist source, but
I wanted North Korea to nuke South Korea
I view any success here as a major loss for my Democratic Party

Signed democrats

We should all be pulling for the agreement to fail so our side can win

Said no democrat ever. Nice fantasy though.

Oh shit, I actually meant ISIS. I remembered wrong. Trump's government let them take over Afghanistan and then tried to suppress all information about it.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...ent-numbers-isis-data.3703929/#post-138171061
On that I will say I absolutely agree. The administration made the same mistake although not as egregious as the W's administration when they didn't differentiate between Sunni and Shia muslims when pushing to invade Iraq. It's funny how our government regardless of leadership seems to always take a "one size fits all" attitude towards dealing with adversaries.

TOKYO (Reuters) - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un asked Chinese President Xi Jinping during a meeting in Beijing in June to work towards bringing an early end to economic sanctions imposed on his country, Japan’s Yomiuri newspaper reported on Sunday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-end-to-sanctions-yomiuri-idUSKBN1JR14A?il=0

I don't want to over read this but are they suggesting that the reason NK has been cooperative with the US is to curry favor with the chinese?

Back