International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

Just some great quotes from glen's attempt to decipher "the method"....

See, the problem is we all keep viewing these behaviors through the lenses of people who want peace in the world, who support and defend democratic principles, and who value human rights. Most of the rest of the world thinks that means Kim surrenders his nuclear program and the US uses its considerable strength and diplomatic alliances to pressure Kim into disarmament and greater democratization and freedom for NK people.

But Trump doesn't give a sh*t about that.

----------------------------------------------------------------
They didn't meet because all of our past presidents wanted to hold on to that meeting as a carrot for some concession by NK to improve peace and regional stability. That's not Trump's aim.
We need to stop thinking in terms of what's good long term for the US/world and what is good for Trump today.

By ceding all of this, South Korea and Japan are in substantially greater danger, as is liberal democracy in eastern Asia and the world at large, not to mention the increasing incentives for nuclear proliferation.....but so what? Trump doesn't care.

Trump is doing this all over. With the UN, with NATO, with the G-7. Trump gets an ego boost, Republicans get something more to bash Democrats over the head with, Putin is happy. That's a win-win-win in Trump's book. Why wouldn't he? If that hangs SK and Japan out to dry, that's their problem.
Any future conflict or negative geopolitical fallout that occurs from Trump giving Kim & Putin whatever they want up to and including complete US withdrawal from the Korean theater will likely a) befall non-American foreigners the hardest, b) won't directly harm the US until after Trump is out of office, and c) the initial stages will be too subtle for most American voters to even notice much less care about or attribute to these events. Why would Donald Trump care about any of that?

That's my attempt to find a method to Trump's apparent "madness". <Moves>

You really just read the first paragraph and brought it right on over didn't you? Classic...

LOL, from what?

You, HereticBolognaDeniro, said you were a right-winger. I immediately called you out for lying, because you're not a right-winger. You're not a conservative either. You're "whatever Trump wants you to be". And it's very obvious to actual conservatives who didn't throw away their principles to idol worship. And well, you know me. If you start spewing bullshit, I'm gonna notice.

Personally I think your initial strategy was your best option, but well, here we are now.

I've been told that if snopes doesn't personally interview every Korean over the age of 101 on earth, to verify, they can't possibly claim Trump was lying. So he seems good on that one.

You, HereticBolognaDeniro, said you were a right-winger. I immediately called you out for lying, because you're not a right-winger. You're not a conservative either.

Right wing and conservative values vary by the individual, much like left wing and Liberal values. My political ideology leans to the right, but I'm actually quite Liberal on a number of topics.

Right wing and conservative values vary by the individual, much like left wing and Liberal values. My political ideology leans to the right, but I'm actually quite Liberal on a number of topics.

If Trump banned abortions tomorrow and then repealed his taxplan, how would you feel?

Full stop? Wouldn't agree with it. It's a complicated issue, Bern.

It would depend on the circumstances.

It's weird, it's like I knew you wouldn't have a solid response for either. An abortion ban is pretty self explanitory. The circumstances are Trump's decided he thinks it's bad for America. Thoughts?

As was my answer.

Nah you pretty clearly implied there were mitigating circumstances, which is why I won't now go around saying "Heretic loves abortions!" Do you have a month cut-off, a situational factor ie; abuse victims/incest/mother health?

It would depend if it actually was at the time.

Ok... he does it tomorrow, and announces he's working on a new one. Thoughts?

Nah you pretty clearly implied there were mitigating circumstances

I said I would not agree with an all out ban. What don't you understand?

Ok... he does it tomorrow, and announces he's working on a new one. Thoughts?

Not good. It's working. It would be dumb to repeal it now.

I said I would not agree with an all out ban. What don't you understand?

I don't understand what type of ban you would agree with. That's why I specifically asked you to clarify it. It's weird Heretic I'm getting the feeling you're apprehensive to actually state your positions for some reason...

Not good. It's working. It would be dumb to repeal it now.

Are you saying you wouldn't trust Trump's judgement in that situation? Why not? He even told you he's doing it to work on a better deal. Is that not enough?

It's amazing the MODS let a multi banned poster come back to continue his non stop derailing and trolling

I don't understand what type of ban you would agree with.

You flat out asked me if I would agree with an all out abortion ban. I told you no, and I guess that wasn't the answer you were hoping for, so now you're just desperately looking for something to argue over.

I will entertain your question though. In general, I believe abortions should be allowed under the most extreme of circumstances. You can fill in the blanks on what those are. If that option was eliminated in an all out ban, I would not agree with it.

Are you saying you wouldn't trust Trump's judgement in that situation? Why not? He even told you he's doing it to work on a better deal. Is that not enough?

This is just nonsense. You're making up scenarios that have not happened, and are asking me my opinions on them. Which I have given BTW. Now you're taking your imaginary scenarios a step further, and will continue to do so, until you get an answer you like.

Look, you asked a couple of simple questions. I answered them. I'm not going to dance with you all night on this. Sorry you didn't get the answers you were obviously expecting, Bern. You're just gonna have to live with your misjudgement.

You flat out asked me if I would agree with an all out abortion ban. I told you no, and I guess that wasn't the answer you were hoping for, so now you're just desperately looking for something to argue over.

No, I'm just asking follow up question for clarity and you're immediately assuming it's something else. It's a little telling. What do you think the answer I was hoping for was Heretic?

I will entertain your question though. In general, I believe abortions should be allowed under the most extreme of circumstances. You can fill in the blanks on what those are.

Ugh, not really, society's been working on that for a bit. Some people feel an extreme circumstance is the mother's health being compromised in the 7th trimester. Other's feel that's not extreme enough to terminate. So filling in the blanks on someone else's opinions isn't really my goal here.

If that option was eliminated in an all out ban, I would not agree with it.

This like saying "I agree the President should be removed under extreme circumstances". I don't know what you define that as. That's exactly why I'm asking you what I'm asking you. Kinda just wanna get to know ya buddy. No need to immediately get all defensive.

This is just nonsense. You're making up scenarios that have not happened, and are asking me my opinions on them.

Correct. It's a very common way to get to understand people. Present them with a scenario, and ask how they'd react to it. It's not nonsense, it's called a discussion.

Which I have given BTW. Now you're taking your imaginary scenarios a step further, and will continue to do so, until you get an answer you like.

Or maybe I'm just look for further insight to the topic? Did you consider that for a second. This is really just coming off like a fear to answer questions. Like you're afraid of being trapped or something.

Look, you asked a couple of simple questions. I answered them.

Yeah, then I asked a couple more. I've been told it counts as a discussion, apparently the intent of this place.

I'm not going to dance with you all night on this. Sorry you didn't get the answers you were obviously expecting, Bern. You're just gonna have to live with your misjudgement.

Nah it's ok man. I just asked some questions and wanted some answers. If they scared you or made you recoil into some defensive shell, I'm sorry. Nothing I can do about that. I don't know what happened around here that's made you so apprehensive to just honestly answer questions, but good luck over-coming the phobia.

It's amazing the MODS let a multi banned poster come back to continue his non stop derailing and trolling

Just put his ass on ignore. It's like he's banned again....except for REAL(aka you no longer see his posts or even the ones that others quote). Works for me. <Moves>

No, I'm just asking follow up question for clarity and you're immediately assuming it's something else.

Gee, why would I do that to the person who started this conversation out by calling me a phony who only agrees with Trump?

Anyone can read the conversation. Your assumptions about me were dead wrong, and you just couldn't accept it, so now you're spinning away, and desperately trying to find answers that satisfy you. Now you're even trying to spin it to a place where because I got tired of your shit, and did not answer every ever evolving minutia of your questions, that I'm somehow avoiding them. It's not a good look, Bern.

Now as for "filling in the blanks", as I believe that was the only honest opinion you gave in that ridiculous wall of multi quote responses, I will answer you. A pregnancy as a result of rape(all forms) should be allowed to be terminated. A pregnancy that will result in the child being born with a deadly disease, or extreme mental and physical disabilities, that would guarantee severe poor quality of life, should be allowed to be terminated. I'd also say degrees of when the mother's life is at risk as well, but that's a bit more complicated. That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment.

Careful Heretic, I'm getting you close to nine boring paragraphs here....

Gee, why would I do that to the person who started this conversation out by calling me a phony who only agrees with Trump?

Well, you are. Wanna show me just 3 posts of you disagreeing with him? I'll honestly settle for just 3.

Anyone can read the conversation. Your assumptions about me were dead wrong,

What assumptions? I've already asked you this and you can't seem to tell me.

and you just couldn't accept it, so now you're spinning away, and desperately trying to find answers that satisfy you.

No, I'm furthering a dialogue to help understand your positions better. I thought being from a country that loves hockey, you'd be fine with a game that includes throwing hands now and then. Are you just too rocked to pick the stick back up and keep playing?

Now you're even trying to spin it to a place where because I got tired of your shit, and did not answer every ever evolving minutia of your questions, that I'm somehow avoiding them. It's not a good look, Bern.

I asked questions. You answered them. I asked more questions. You lost your shit like a guy holding a knife who was just found over a dead body.

I don't feel like I'm the one looking bad here.

Now as for "filling in the blanks", as I believe that was the only honest opinion you gave in that ridiculous wall of multi quote responses, I will answer you. A pregnancy as a result of rape(all forms) should be allowed to be terminated. A pregnancy that will result in the child being born with a deadly disease, or extreme mental and physical disabilities, that would guarantee severe poor quality of life, should be allowed to be terminated. I'd also say degrees of when the mother's life is at risk as well, but that's a bit more complicated. That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment.

On the degrees of the mother's life at risk, would you determine that by like a percentage given by the best available opinion(DR/OBGYN), or only based on a set list of possible illness/complications?

Also how extreme would the impairment of the child have to be? If a lady wants to get rid of a kid she finds out has DS, say like, 5 months in, would you say that's ok?

Back