Trump Just Opened Up ANOTHER Seat On The Fifth Circuit

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Trump is doing a great job nominating judges to the federal bench. This is a pretty interesting move though. He hasn't even come close to filling all the appellate slots yet so I am surprised he is making this move but it certainly is smart. Trump's legacy will be the federal judiciary. That is the one thing he has been effective at doing.

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/01/trump-just-opened-up-another-seat-on-the-fifth-circuit/

This White House may not have even the vaguest clue what it’s policy is from minute to minute, but it’s laser-focused on packing the federal courts with ideologues from the Federalist Society vaults. Sure they’ve suffered a few setbacks, with unqualified ghost hunters and wackos with Satan fetishes, but when given an opportunity to right the ship, this administration has doubled down. Just today, Senators are evaluating Thomas Farr, who — a former federal prosecutor claims — misled the Senate about his involvement in voter suppression efforts. Good times.

But this is what happens when there’s a backlog of openings created by years of blocking the last president’s picks. The vacant shell of the federal judiciary becomes an inviting home for all manner of bottom-feeding crustaceans. Preferably bottom-feeders under the age of 50.

However, the Trump administration deserves a lot of credit for its latest move. Unsatisfied with the over 100 vacancies on the federal bench it inherited, they’re going out and creating new holes to fill!

Yesterday, the White House announced that the Fifth Circuit’s Judge Edward Prado will be nominated to serve as Ambassador to Argentina. Judge Prado’s a competent Republican jurist with a delightfully snarky streak. But he’s also 70 and an old-guard, mainstream conservative, who was once backed by Democrats as an acceptably bipartisan Supreme Court nominee for George W. Bush. That means he’s too dangerously geriatric and far, far too reasonable for Republicans keen to replace him with some 28-year-old who wrote the college thesis “The Thirteenth Amendment: A Critical Analysis Of Why The Cucks Forced It On America.”

Prado was rumored to have been thinking of leaving active status on the Fifth Circuit for quite some time. The allure of an ambassadorship might have been just enough to tip the scales.

The naked opportunism is as transparent as it is brilliant. Nothing in Judge Prado’s experience — beyond just being a smart guy — suggests he’s prepared for a diplomatic post to a key South American economy. Except, of course, the fact that he speaks Spanish, a qualification that has to make you wonder if this is just the only way Trump can think of to functionally deport Prado.

SPONSORED CONTENT

Swimming with the Stream: Does Your Law Firm Culture Position You for Growth and Success?

As a Partner, how do you decide if a law firm is the right fit for you? Competitive salary, practice strengths, and prestige are critical factors. Another important element to consider is Culture. Read more here.

MARY ROSENFELD D’ERAMO, ESQ., THOUGHT LEADER AT MESTEL & COMPANY

Putting that possibility aside, this is a tactic that should pick up over the coming months. To date, the administration has been as lazy in selecting ambassadors as they’ve been aggressive in naming jurists. America has a lot of cushy posts and a lot of aging Reaganauts on the bench.

Expect more than a few of them to be heading overseas.

This and the fact that you support it makes me sick. The cunts in the GOP blocked Obama's nominations for months, and now they're filling the judiciary with objectively incompetent and corrupt nominees. And you're fucking cheerleading it.

This and the fact that you support it makes me sick. The cunts in the GOP blocked Obama's nominations for months, and now they're filling the judiciary with objectively incompetent and corrupt nominees. And you're fucking cheerleading it.

I did not state one way or another that I support it or not. I am saying that he is doing a good job filling the federal judiciary. That is a value neutral statement. It is simply a evaluation of his job performance on this issue.

However in this post I will answer you.

I am going to be very honest with you. I don't know enough about any of these candidates to truly say whether they are good candidates to be judges. I do know this. Fresh out of law school I needed help and the only people willing to were from the Federalist Society. They had no need to other than out of loyalty. I would not be practicing law today if not for members of the Society. And I think I have proven their faith through my public policy litigation.

I am not a creonte. Either in law or jiu jitsu. Now is my turn to have faith. When the organization that helped me has its chance to change the country my obligation is to support it and be happy those that supported me are having their day in the sun. That is how a man lives. Only a dog bites the hand that feeds it.

I did not state one way or another that I support it or not. I am saying that he is doing a good job filling the federal judiciary. That is a value neutral statement. It is simply a evaluation of his job performance on this issue.

I may be confusing you with someone else. I thought you had spoken up previously about how this was the silver lining to a Trump presidency.

I am going to be very honest with you. I don't know enough about any of these candidates to truly say whether they are good candidates to be judges. I do know this. When I needed help people from the Federalist Society helped me when they had no need to other than out of loyalty. I would not be practicing law today if not for members of the Society. And I think I have proven their faith through my public policy litigation.

I am not a creonte. Either in law or jiu jitsu. Now is my turn to have faith. When the organization that has helped me now is has its chance to change the country my obligation is to support it. That is how a man lives. Only a dog bites the hand that feeds it.

I could have been rescued from a fiery car wreck by the KKK. It doesn't mean I would support them controlling the most powerful branch of the most powerful country in the history of the world.

I am legitimately happy that any social organization helped you out, but FedSoc has been disastrous for the judiciary and has supplied some of the very worst judges in history, like Clarence Thomas, who is probably the single worst jurist in the history of the Supreme Court. And, of the very few judicial appointees the ABA has recommended against for being either incompetent or unethical in the past 40 years, a very large proportion of them have been FedSoc members.

Did you see the dude he nominated and who (thankfully) stepped down? He didn't even know what a motion in limine was. It was embarrassing.

I may be confusing you with someone else. I thought you had spoken up previously about how this was the silver lining to a Trump presidency.

I could have been rescued from a fiery car wreck by the KKK. It doesn't mean I would support them controlling the most powerful branch of the most powerful country in the history of the world.

I am legitimately happy that any social organization helped you out, but FedSoc has been disastrous for the judiciary and has supplied some of the very worst judges in history, like Clarence Thomas, who is probably the single worst jurist in the history of the Supreme Court. And, of the very few judicial appointees the ABA has recommended against for being either incompetent or unethical in the past 40 years, a very large proportion of them have been FedSoc members.

Did you see the dude he nominated and who (thankfully) stepped down? He didn't even know what a motion in limine was. It was embarrassing.

I have one very specific reason for wanting Trump's election and a conservative on the Supreme Court which is likely what you are talking about. I have been ligating handgun carry for 6.5 of my 8 years in law as a pro bono side project.

February 12th I go in front of the Ninth Circuit and argue Hawaii's effective ban on hand gun carry is unconstitutional. There is a open circuit split right now with 3rd, 2nd.and 4th Circuits and the D.C. Circuit and 7th Circuit. So I have a pretty good shot of going to the big show. How do you think that would go if Hilary had been elected or Merrick Garland had been appointed?

I believe in originalism as a general proposition. I just don''t know about enough about these appointments to really form an informed opinion. I will give you that the two district judge nominations that got booted seemed to be very unqualified. But that is why we have the appointment process to begin with.

I am going to be very honest with you. I don't know enough about any of these candidates to truly say whether they are good candidates to be judges. I do know this. Fresh out of law school I needed help and the only people willing to were from the Federalist Society. They had no need to other than out of loyalty. I would not be practicing law today if not for members of the Society. And I think I have proven their faith through my public policy litigation.

I am not a creonte. Either in law or jiu jitsu. Now is my turn to have faith. When the organization that helped me has its chance to change the country my obligation is to support it and be happy those that supported me are having their day in the sun. That is how a man lives. Only a dog bites the hand that feeds it.

Have you no principles of your own? You just blindly abide by whatever the "Society" dictates? Scary stuff man.

Trump is doing a great job nominating judges to the federal bench. This is a pretty interesting move though. He hasn't even come close to filling all the appellate slots yet so I am surprised he is making this move but it certainly is smart. Trump's legacy will be the federal judiciary. That is the one thing he has been effective at doing.

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/01/trump-just-opened-up-another-seat-on-the-fifth-circuit/

Their are certain things I can respect Federalists for.

Their judicial philosophy being consistent when corporate interests are involved, is not one of them.

Have you no principles of your own? You just blindly abide by whatever the "Society" dictates? Scary stuff man.

I frankly don't have time to research the merits of all 58 judicial picks made so far and there are going to be 150 total. I have principles and just like how a person that supports say Planned Parenthood I trust in this organization to more often than not to support my values. Of course they are going to screw up from time to time but what organization does not?

I believe it is the role of the legislature to make law not the Courts. That is a principle that most people in the federalist society believe. There are things I disagree with many conservatives on such as qualified immunity doctrine which is what is used to protect cops from being sued. Also I highly disagree with modem arbitration law. But for I believe most members of the federalist society are genuinely looking out for the interests of the average american.

I have one very specific reason for wanting Trump's election and a conservative on the Supreme Court which is likely what you are talking about. I have been ligating handgun carry for 6.5 of my 8 years in law as a pro bono side project.

February 12th I go in front of the Ninth Circuit and argue Hawaii's effective ban on hand gun carry is unconstitutional. There is a open circuit split right now with 3rd, 2nd.and 4th Circuits and the D.C. Circuit and 7th Circuit. So I have a pretty good shot of going to the big show. How do you think that would go if Hilary had been elected or Merrick Garland had been appointed?

I believe in originalism as a general proposition. I just don''t know about enough about these appointments to really form an informed opinion. I will give you that the two district judge nominations that got booted seemed to be very unqualified. But that is why we have the appointment process to begin with.

Good luck. I imagine it is going to be stressful 15 minutes. I know a lot of guns rights folks are hoping either your case or the Nichols case get the open carry issue sorted out in their favor.

Good luck. I imagine it is going to be stressful 15 minutes. I know a lot of guns rights folks are hoping either your case or the Nichols case get the open carry issue sorted out in their favor.

Damn I did not know anyone really knew about my case. Since I am not raising money for it, I figured it was under the radar. Thanks a lot for the kind words. It will be live streaming on youtube

Burton Richardson helped me with the knife aspect of the case. War Machine actually helped me as well. He is or at least was good to throw ideas off.

Damn I did not know anyone really knew about my case. Since I am not raising money for it, I figured it was under the radar. Thanks a lot for the kind words. It will be live streaming on youtube

Burton Richardson helped me with the knife aspect of the case. War Machine actually helped me as well. He is or at least was good to throw ideas off.

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you end up with Hawaii case?

I’ll plan to watch the livestream.

Also, the guy who writes californiarighttocarry.org is a douche.

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you end up with Hawaii case?

I’ll plan to watch the livestream.

Also, the guy who writes californiarighttocarry.org is a douche.

I first started practicing in Hawaii. I moved back to CA after a couple of years and then my friend called me and asked if I wanted to do a carry case. That case fizzled out because my client moved away Then my current client filed a case pro se in the district court and he got kicked out on bad grounds so I decided to represent him on appeal. I used what I learned from the first case to represent him. I've never actually met him in person so Feb I will finally meet him. Our Court system severely restricts access to justice for lower and middle class people that have had their civil rights violated. I try every year to litigate at least a few cases for people that otherwise could not afford a lawyer. I see first hand what liberal policies have down to California and Hawaii. Without a conservative opposition the police have gotten massively out of hand. It is horrible and the federal court system is the only place people can get justice in places like Hawaii and California. I've also worked in New Jersey, yet another Democrat stronghold and things are arguably worse there. Many of my cases involve unlawful firearm seizures and it is horrible how little value the left has towards due process when it involves a good they don't believe people should own.

I first started practicing in Hawaii. I moved back to CA after a couple of years and then my friend called me and asked if I wanted to do a carry case. That case fizzled out because my client moved away Then my current client filed a case pro se in the district court and he got kicked out on bad grounds so I decided to represent him on appeal. I used what I learned from the first case to represent him. I've never actually met him in person so Feb I will finally meet him. Our Court system severely restricts access to justice for lower and middle class people that have had their civil rights violated. I try every year to litigate at least a few cases for people that otherwise could not afford a lawyer. I see first hand what liberal policies have down to California and Hawaii. Without a conservative opposition the police have gotten massively out of hand. It is horrible and the federal court system is the only place people can get justice in places like Hawaii and California. I've also worked in New Jersey, yet another Democrat stronghold and things are arguably worse there. Many of my cases involve unlawful firearm seizures and it is horrible how little value the left has towards due process when it involves a good they don't believe people should own.

First, your are an idiot to leave Hawaii. Goods friends have a place in the Nauru tower next to Ala Moana mall in Honolulu and we stay with them for a few weeks every summer. Would move there if I could.

When you get this sorted out will tackle civil asset forfeiture since it is too easy for the police abuse?

And again, best of luck.

Good, the big reason I wanted him to win was to keep Hillary from doing the same thing but with liberal anti 2nd judges.

He needs to,get it done while he can.

You really expect me to believe Trump even knows what the 5th Circuit is?

I like how the article tries to say a 70 year old judge has no right or experience to be an ambassador other then knowing spanish.

Most ambassadors nowadays are campaign contributors with much less real life experience.

If anything I'd say Judges would be some of the best people you could get to run an embassy. There juiced up lawyers with enough common sense to play a bit of politics.

Well at least we know what kind of lawyers support these kind of judicial nominations: ideologues who admittedly have no idea about the actual qualifications of said nominees.

Telling that you would praise them in the same thread you praise fucking war machine.

Christ.

February 12th I go in front of the Ninth Circuit and argue Hawaii's effective ban on hand gun carry is unconstitutional.

1979+Life+of+Brian+Worship.jpg

Well at least we know what kind of lawyers support these kind of judicial nominations: ideologues who admittedly have no idea about the actual qualifications of said nominees.

Telling that you would praise them in the same thread you praise fucking war machine.

Christ.

Dude is fighting for broad-scale civil rights and makes the news. His HPD social media case is precedent-setting. And you?

Dude is fighting for broad-scale civil rights and makes the news. His HPD social media case is precedent-setting. And you?

Nothing against his work, in general. My objection is to his praise for these judicial appointments on the basis that fellow Federalist Society members helped him out.

Back