Trump is already getting what he wants, completely controlling media's narrative now discussing

Winded Walrus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
You know trump is just loving the fact that he can send out a tiny tweet and change the entire medias topic for the day/days… He loves the power… He just tweets out whatever he's thinking, the latest being that people should be stripped of their citizenship if they burn the American flag. LOL… Now that's going to dominate today's news, trend on twitter, and be the lead story of tonight's nightly news + nightly comedians.

I voted for him mainly just as an experiment to see what happens and watch politicians squirm having to take him seriously. Like Michael Moore said throwing a Molotov cocktail into Washington DC. This is turning out funnier than I expected… This whole thing is a joke,, like a comedy movie. The politicians and reporters having to cover this car accident must hate their lives. Freaking hilarious…… Watch them squirm!

Meanwhile ISIS is spreading, North Korea is advancing their nuclear programs, China is increasing their military presence around their waters, Russia is expanding their presence in the Middle East, refugees are fleeing, right populism is on the rise everywhere, and trump will soon have control of our eentire nuclear arsenal. This is hilarious!

Last edited:
well he is the POTUS elect so yeah thsi makes sense.

Trump isn't the first to use misdirection, he's just more blatant than most

he'll keep everyone focused on his twitter feed with one hand, while he grabs America by the pussy with the other

What really kills me, is that the media isn't oblivious to the notion that his tweets may just be a smokescreen. The past few nights, I've seen the usual suspects on CNN acknowledge that they might be getting played by Trump's twitter account, and then they completely ignore their own warning, and continue to flood the broadcast talking about whatever the fuck he tweeted.

It's fucking hilarious.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President-elect Donald Trump has selected Georgia Rep. Tom Price, a leading critic of President Barack Obama's sweeping health care law, to head the Department of Health and Human Services.

What really kills me, is that the media isn't oblivious to the notion that his tweets may just be a smokescreen. The past few nights, I've seen the usual suspects on CNN acknowledge that they might be getting played by Trump's twitter account, and then they completely ignore their own warning, and continue to flood the broadcast talking about whatever the fuck he tweeted.

It's fucking hilarious.

Eyeballs are more important than quality reporting, and it's been that way for a while now. People pretend the internet is better, then spam this forum with whatever clickbait pops up in their Facebook feed. It's almost impossible to "break" a story these days, so they all race to provide the "analysis" that gets them the most viewers. As someone who loves reading the paper every morning, the whole process is exhausting to witness.

He also gets this.

He just hit the jackpot.

The amount of investments his companies are going to get from third world despots is going to go through the roof.

He will end the presidency as a true billionaire, or maybe in jail.

the press rn
9-D_ofBhtYvBSmrHVKwJ0cOd6F44qVSjGhmmaCt2kvs.png

CNN is losing it… LOL.. Is this real life? They are literally discussing how the Constitution can be changed for people to lose their citizenship. Ha ha ha, Trump the ultimate troll…

He just hit the jackpot.

The amount of investments his companies are going to get from third world despots is going to go through the roof.

He will end the presidency as a true billionaire, or maybe in jail.

get rich or die tryin

it's the american way

Eyeballs are more important than quality reporting, and it's been that way for a while now. People pretend the internet is better, then spam this forum with whatever clickbait pops up in their Facebook feed. It's almost impossible to "break" a story these days, so they all race to provide the "analysis" that gets them the most viewers. As someone who loves reading the paper every morning, the whole process is exhausting to witness.

When the president-elect is saying that a gesture that is critical of the gov't should lead to jail or an unconstitutional revocation of citizenship, unfortunately, that is news. I agree that we should focus more on the multiple conflicts of interest and on plans to take health insurance from millions of Americans, but no responsible outlet could ignore stuff like that. I like how Trump is exposing how right-wingers never really cared about civil liberties, though.

When the president-elect is saying that a gesture that is critical of the gov't should lead to jail or an unconstitutional revocation of citizenship, unfortunately, that is news. I agree that we should focus more on the multiple conflicts of interest and on plans to take health insurance from millions of Americans, but no responsible outlet could ignore stuff like that. I like how Trump is exposing how right-wingers never really cared about civil liberties, though.

I think it's perfectly sound to cover the things he says, as it is fun to watch the mental gymnastics required to defend him from supporters to whom an apology or admittance of wrong doing is weakness. My main problem stems from the habitual pounding of stories to death, and the targeting of stories that will draw the most eyeballs rather than inform the most brains. Building a meaningful and informative dialogue requires quality reporting on a number of issues, to create a framework for discourse, and I just never feel like I'm seeing a big picture in the news anymore. There are of course exceptions to this, and some outlets do good work, but the public has spoken and created a toxic co-dependent relationship with many news sources.

Back