Trump Insults Widow of Soldier Killed in Niger Scandal = Benghazi

I said where is your proof of ' Kelly's considering he has been obfuscating for Trump for months now.'

Well, he's been consistently "Everything is fine, everything is fine, trust me, trust me." Game like everyone else fronting for the president.

Generals Kelly and Mattis are actual patriots. I'm sure they share Tillerson's assessment of Trump as a "fucking moron", but they recognize that it's their patriotic duty to try and keep this ship afloat. They're also career military men, so their sense of duty/ respect for the office of the president will not allow them to speak candidly about the current commander in chief.

“He kept referring to La David as ‘your guy.’ He never called him by his name, it was as if he forgot his name. And that’s what hurt the mother so badly, the wife, she said, ‘He doesn’t even know his name,’”
“She was crumpled up in a ball. She weighs maybe 103 pounds, she’s six months pregnant. She had just found out that her husband would not be able to have an open casket funeral because of the condition of the body so she was grief stricken.” “And in the car was her aunt and uncle who raised La David, my driver, the gentleman from the Army and the driver of the limousine. So the gentleman from the Army held the phone so that she could speak. And we all knew that he was going to call.
“This is all she said, I’m going to tell you. She said, ‘He was calling him ‘my guy’ he didn’t even know his name.’ That’s what she said. And that was all she said.”

Cutting through all the partisan bullshit, and CNN's outrage machine:

-Trump is a draft-dodging piece of shit.

-He has no place lecturing anyone on what it means to be a patriot.

-When criticized for waiting almost 2 weeks to comment on the death of 4 American soldiers in Niger, he tried to divert attention by going after both Obama and Bush for allegedly failing to do the same. In the process, HE politicized the death of General Kelly's son, by dragging him into this discussion.

I am a combat veteran who has lost more than a few friends in Afghanistan, and YES, I'm offended by Trump's handling of this situation. He failed to address this in a timely manner, and then instead of just handling it, he decided to tell yet another lie, which he then backtracked upon being confronted. He perfectly embodies the type of "spurious nationalism", which Senator John McCain (A republican and War hero) referred to the other day in his speech.

Doesn't mean you're a Hillary/Obama/Bernie supporter if you disavow this fucking clownshoe.
you can criticize someone for not serving if you served, if not you sound ridiculous

you can criticize someone for not serving if you served, if not you sound ridiculous

Nothing wrong with not serving; its not for everyone. However, the fact that a guy who dodged the draft blatantly almost a half-dozen times is so eager to send other people's sons to war, SHOULD piss off conservatives. Not to mention the fact that he's a NY democrat who managed to fool half the country into thinking he shared their values.

It still confounds me that he mocked McCain for being a POW, and conservatives somehow looked past that.

He's a fake-ass patriot. That's it.

Call it "triggered", if you must. I call it being genuinely concerned for my country, which I love, and for which I fought.

It depends on the context. Criticizing someone who avoided serving for drumming up patriotic sentiment should be fair game for everyone, especially as serving can mean a lot of things.

Nothing wrong with not serving; its not for everyone. However, the fact that a guy who dodged the draft blatantly almost a half-dozen times is so eager to send other people's sons to war, SHOULD piss off conservatives. Not to mention the fact that he's a NY democrat who managed to fool half the country into thinking he shared their values.

Call it "triggered", if you must. I call it being genuinely concerned for my country, which I love, and for which I fought.
you're missing what i'm saying, but i agree with you. i'm saying if you didn't serve but called someone else a coward for not serving that would seem kind of shitty no? like if i called you a pussy not having climbed everest

you're missing what i'm saying, but i agree with you. i'm saying if you didn't serve but called someone else a coward for not serving that would seem kind of shitty no? like if i called you a pussy not having climbed everest

Fair enough.

It depends on the context. Criticizing someone who avoided serving for drumming up patriotic sentiment should be fair game for everyone, especially as serving can mean a lot of things.
that is not what the other guy said specifically. he called him a draft dodger and made a meme about not serving. i asked when he served. he said he doesn't count basically and then didn't have an issue with any of the last 4 presidents not serving either and one dodging the draft the same way trump did. then said his dad was a nam vet and i'm doing the math on his other posts about being retired...which would put him at vietnam age himself roughly

Fair enough.
glad we agree. not sure why that's off the rails. maybe context of the last several pages gets lost. btw good on you. where'd they ship your sorry ass in the sandbox? i sailed around that fucker under clinton and bush

and bravo for knowing who captain is in your av

that is not what the other guy said specifically. he called him a draft dodger and made a meme about not serving. i asked when he served. he said he doesn't count basically and then didn't have an issue with any of the last 4 presidents not serving either and one dodging the draft the same way trump did. then said his dad was a nam vet and i'm doing the math on his other posts about being retired...which would put him at vietnam age himself roughly
I was focusing on your response to @AFCrookie. I wasn't really interested in commenting on that other conversation.

he probably mean it in a good way. like ´´oh he knew he love america and serve army he want it this way´´.

many soldier prefer die in battle defend and stuff.

glad we agree. not sure why that's off the rails. maybe context of the last several pages gets lost. btw good on you. where'd they ship your sorry ass in the sandbox? i sailed around that fucker under clinton and bush

and bravo for knowing who captain is in your av

People just don't know about Billy Batson.....

I was in Helmand Province in 2011. Never been to Iraq, but I did a deployment to Kuwait in 2012...that was super skate, no drama.

People just don't know about Billy Batson.....

I was in Helmand Province in 2011. Never been to Iraq, but I did a deployment to Kuwait in 2012...that was super skate, no drama.
billy is very underrated. depending on who you ask and what version, he's as powerful as superman or a little less, but without the dumbass weaknesses

i have heard afghanistan blew ass, didn't go myself. i did two cruises there. actually decent duty. calm seas so you could actually workout. i was on a destroyer so if a whale farted within 10 square miles you couldn't do shit. so combat pay, sea pay, and no taxes. feel like i'm missing some other kind of pay we got...anyway, saved up about 10 grand. liberty was shitty since you had to be in at 12

well we're on the same page now. did my explanation make more sense to you
Sure. And you have a point about the way some are going about calling him a coward.

But I do think he is one; I'm also not sure that I would have turned out any better if I'd been born with a silver spoon. I served, but half of that was because it was an easy way to get out of the house and also pay completely for college without needing to lean on my parents. There really was no bravery involved.

And yet I am more upset about this--because I deployed--than I would be otherwise (I lucked out and didn't see combat). It's hard for me to reconcile. Am I allowed to call him a coward? I think so, but if I'm being honest with myself, I'm not certain that the average person has less claim to that right than I do.

Ultimately, I think it's less about him being a coward and more about how he's pretending not to be one by acting patriotic. And I feel like that deserves criticism from all corners. I'm applying this generally though, and not in reference to your other conversation.

Back