Trump hasn't held a news conference in a year

While this is a very good post, and an excellent analysis, it's missing one key component.

The ribbon that ties these forces together:

The NRA.

The right to keep and bear arms has been a unifying idea for the American right for some time.

I view this in a positive light. A major political party, in the modern Western world is unified in it's respect for the rights of the individual.

hey there Mr. Br0wn,

i am not sure i agree.

i tend to vote for Democrats but i am also a member of the NRA (was, my membership lapsed a few years back).

lots of Democrats in Montana, Colorado, Pennsylvania - here in North Carolina, really cherish the right to bear arms.

i don't want to go down this rabbit hole, but even Manchin-Toomey was bipartisan legislation.

Mrs. Clinton herself is so risk averse - relentless triangulator that she is - that she would have been "leading from behind" on any gun legislation, had she become POTUS.

- IGIT

Anyone verified this?

I speak with my boss frequently.

Even actors won't go on somewhere with a questions list. Especially past presidents, there was always no go questions , can't ask about this or that.
Not with Trump ,

That's for an interview not a press conference. They are different.

hey there Mr. Br0wn,

i am not sure i agree.

i tend to vote for Democrats but i am also a member of the NRA (was, my membership lapsed a few years back).

lots of Democrats in Montana, Colorado, Pennsylvania - here in North Carolina, really cherish the right to bear arms.
I'm happy to hear it.

Unfortunately for all of those Democratic voters, the Democratic party doesn't respect an individual's right to keep and bear arms.

The Democratic party openly calls for gun bans and shutting down firearms manufacturers within the offical party platform:

"We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements--like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole"
-Democratic party platform, 2000

"To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets."
-Democratic party platform, 2016

Unfortunately, Democratic voters who support the Second Amendment, are out of step with their party leadership.

i don't want to go down this rabbit hole, but even Manchin-Toomey was bipartisan legislation.
Thankfully it failed. It's no one's business but my own if I choose to own guns, how many, what kind, or where they are.

A universal background check also deprives me of my basic property rights. If you need permission from the government in order to sell your property, it's not really your property.

The sign of true property ownership is the ability to keep, sell, gift, alter, destroy, or otherwise dispose of your property as you see fit. So long as no one is harmed in the commission of any of these acts, you're perfectly free to do it. One does not even need a good reason in order to exercise a property right.

Requiring a government permission slip in order to proceed is an infringement of the most basic of property rights.

Mrs. Clinton herself is so risk averse - relentless triangulator that she is - that she would have been "leading from behind" on any gun legislation, had she become POTUS.
I have to disagree on this one.

Hillary Clinton actively campaignd for gun control during the 2016 election.

We would currently be discussing the next potential assault weapons ban legislation had she won office.

This isn't at all shocking if you read the democratic party platform throughout history. Democrats have been trying to disarm Blacks and Republicans since post Civil War reconstruction.

-Farmer "Mule D*ick" Brown

Travel well friend.

ahoy FB, gotta make this quick, i have to head out,

I'm happy to hear it.

Unfortunately for all of those Democratic voters, the Democratic party doesn't respect an individual's right to keep and bear arms.

The Democratic party openly calls for gun bans and shutting down firearms manufacturers within the offical party platform:

"We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements--like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole"
-Democratic party platform, 2000

that was almost two decades ago, Mr. Br0wn. in the here and now, outside of Diane Feinstein, there isn't alot of traction for banning assault style weapons. headlines, maybe, but no chance at all of it being legislated on.

certainly Senator Reid and Mr. Obama wanted no part of it when the rubber met the road.

"To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets."
-Democratic party platform, 2016

Unfortunately, Democratic voters who support the Second Amendment, are out of step with their party leadership.

the Brady Campaign (which was endorsed by President Reagan) gave Mr. Obama an "F" on gun control. 2nd amendment rights expanded during Mr. Obama's presidency.

that's all for now, gotta run!

- IGIT

I agree it's not his thing reading a scripted Tele prompter. when he speaks off the cuff like at his rallys is where he shines.
Why many voted for him

It's a thing he swore he would never do. Something he said weak men do. Something he does all the time now, and something he can barely do.

Finally something worthy about you .
No grown man should be part of something called Twitter or tweeting.
Bravo

For real, though, you should be embarrassed by your posts in this thread and their incredible hypocrisy. Especially your thinking that Trump, the most vane, thin-skinned, and paranoid guy in the world, would not want a questions list beforehand, but that all previous presidents would.

There was a report last week that he allows more media access than Obama did which was interesting.

There was a report last week that he allows more media access than Obama did which was interesting.

Where is the report from? And what exactly does "media access" mean? Allowing the media to watch you read scripted speeches written by other people is nice, but it's not quite the same as answering questions from people who (GASP) might not agree with you.

For real, though, you should be embarrassed by your posts in this thread and their incredible hypocrisy. Especially your thinking that Trump, the most vane, thin-skinned, and paranoid guy in the world, would not want a questions list beforehand, but that all previous presidents would.

When did I say Trump wouldn't want questions before hand?
I said any smart person would.

I also said not like prior presidents where everything you heard from them was 89 percent scripted , Trump is the only one to speak the most freely especially as rallys

When you're the president and you avoid things like this, there's no explanation other than you're a floppy, loose old dried up pussy.

A man without the courage of his convictions, who can't handle the crushing pressure of honestly addressing expected questions in an environment where one's answers are being scrutinized.

When did I say Trump wouldn't want questions before hand?
I said any smart person would.

I also said not like prior presidents where everything you heard from them was 89 percent scripted , Trump is the only one to speak the most freely especially as rallys

heya Bloodworth,

i don't think Mr. Trump should do any press conferences either.

that being said, i'm not overly impressed that Mr. Trump speaks his mind at rallys. i mean, lol, it doesn't take much courage to speak extemporaneously with your fans.

facing rows of skeptical members of the press, policy wonks all of them, has to be a real drag.

- IGIT

Fury and fire really hit that access out the park lol.
I think there’s a difference between access to media and putting yourself on blast that the trump admin really missed.

Fury and fire really hit that access out the park lol.
I think there’s a difference between access to media and putting yourself on blast that the trump admin really missed.
The only thing that can stop a beta male, incel uprising is love.

Back