Trump destroys Fake News in presser, calls out Alt Left thugs

Then pretended he didn't know who David Duke was when Jake Tapper asked him to condemn Duke in a February, 2016, interview. After he suffered an enormous backlash for his easily identified lie, and what the nature of that lie indicated, he blamed his lie on a "bad earpiece".

You don't get to have it both ways. If you play both sides, when censure is the only appropriate response, then you get no credit for censure. Trump is entirely disingenuous on this issue.
Trump is at his best when he refuses to play the media's games. He shouldn't have caved back in February 2016. He should have kept playing dumb about David Duke.

Every election cycle, the rabid media demands ad nauseum that Republicans denounce David Duke. For four years at a time, we scarcely if ever hear the name "David Duke"....right up until campaign season comes around. It's not like Duke is some kind of highly influential person, but it's easy and convenient for the media to play guilt by association.

Why didn't they demand that Hillary Clinton denounce various left wing nutters like Symone "we don't need white people leading the Party" Sanders? Why aren't prominent Democrat politicians asked to denounce prominent left-wing celebrities like those two female "comedians" who recently called for a military coup to remove Trump?

The double standards in the MSM are so obvious at this point that there is an army of people who follow Trump for no reason other than his successful and repeated trolling of MSM.

not being part of the insane left I don't care what appeases them. I care about him doing things that are smart and beneficial. I've been fortunate to be around great leaders in my life and a major skill of leadership is knowing how to work with everyone you lead, not simply pandering to one segment. Knowing when and how to say things is fundamental.

But you're defining smart and beneficial as being a good leader and saying the right things. Clearly that entails saying things that the would bring people together and ease tensions, correct? My point is that...that is an impossible task given the insane left.

What should he have said?

And you really don't think that virtually every white supremacist supports Trump? Who else would they vote for? This is not from MSM, it's from common sense.
By your estimate, what percentage of black supremacists supported Obama?

Does the media get tired of writing hit pieces for the last year?

Of course there are.lots of alt-right extremists posting here, is that supposed to be a joke?

And you really don't think that virtually every white supremacist supports Trump? Who else would they vote for? This is not from MSM, it's from common sense.

You alt-righters are always trying to hide your beliefs via thinly disguised posting. It's cowardly and dishonest to pretend you aren't a full fledged racist when you guys post the way you do

Lol you're a goof, call out one alt-right person here. A real one that identifies as one not some wanna be left talking point by calling a white person on the opposite side a racist thus anyone who voted for Trump on here is a alt-right. Go ahead I'll wait, yea Hillary wasn't white or anything. Do you think anyone person who is a white supremacist is automatically voting GOP, let me guess all those rednecks in the south = 100% of that ?

I'm sure it was the same, but why are you using that to excuse the white supremacists that are the subject of this thread?
The subject of this thread is Trump's masterful press conference in which he firmly placed himself on the right side of history.

White supremacy is an ideology with the core belief that white people should rule over or subjugate the other races. That's not what anyone in this thread believes, as far as I can tell.

...call out one alt-right person here. A real one that identifies as one..

Thats exactly my point, every one of them is too scared to identify themselves openly as an alr-right fascist. So they try to be sneaky and tip-toe around their true beliefs, by calling everyone else a violent racist. It's really sad and very transparent

Trump is at his best when he refuses to play the media's games. He shouldn't have caved back in February 2016. He should have kept playing dumb about David Duke.

Every election cycle, the rabid media demands ad nauseum that Republicans denounce David Duke. For four years at a time, we scarcely if ever hear the name "David Duke"....right up until campaign season comes around. It's not like Duke is some kind of highly influential person, but it's easy and convenient for the media to play guilt by association.

Why didn't they demand that Hillary Clinton denounce various left wing nutters like Symone "we don't need white people leading the Party" Sanders? Why aren't prominent Democrat politicians asked to denounce prominent left-wing celebrities like those two female "comedians" who recently called for a military coup to remove Trump?

The double standards in the MSM are so obvious at this point that there is an army of people who follow Trump for no reason other than his successful and repeated trolling of MSM.

You're making an argument of false equivalents here.

...White supremacy is an ideology with the core belief that white people should rule over or subjugate the other races. That's not what anyone in this thread believes, as far as I can tell.

You guys have to stick together and cover each others asses, I get that. Claiming you don't see a single person here posting in support of the white supremacists is proof positive of what I'm saying

You guys have to stick together and cover each others asses, I get that. Claiming you don't see a single person here posting in support of the white supremacists is proof positive of what I'm saying
I didn't read all 18 pages. Could you point out an example?

I'd be all for his even handed view if one side hadn't escalated the incident from fighting to murder. Once that happened, the necessary short term response changed, and Trump hasn't handled that well. The fact that he's a poor communicator doesn't help, either.

I'm out of words here. This is baffling.
I'm fucking tired of reading about all these republican senators etc making statements that go against Trump. They are making the same damn statement every week when he makes an ass out of himself, his party and this country.

The same tired "the president must stand up against...." Give me a fuxking break. Stop being a piece of shit and start taking action. If all of these Senators that are tweeting out responses to the dumbass started working together, something may actually be done about the piece of shit.

I agree in that I think the leftists are more dangerous than the white nationalist types. The latter have a smaller following and generally do not call for violence or insurrection. By contrast, some of these left-wing celebrities have large followings of young, impressionable and low IQ people.

Senate, probably. House, doubtful.
If the left keeps taking down or vandalizing the confederate and Robert E Lee monuments, I can't help but think that Republicans could gain a lot in the South or other areas.

I'm fucking tired of reading about all these republican senators etc making statements that go against Trump. They are making the same damn statement every week when he makes an ass out of himself, his party and this country.

The same tired "the president must stand up against...." Give me a fuxking break. Stop being a piece of shit and start taking action. If all of these Senators that are tweeting out responses to the dumbass started working together, something may actually be done about the piece of shit.

This is the political equivalent of "thoughts and prayers".

They only care insofar as it pertains to their own images. Beyond that, they're all hat, no cattle.

I agree in that I think the leftists are more dangerous than the white nationalist types. The latter have a smaller following and generally do not call for violence or insurrection. By contrast, some of these left-wing celebrities have large followings of young, impressionable and low IQ people.

You are insane. There are left wing groups like Antifa that promote violence but that is about it. White Supremacy groups also promote violence and have a very long history of it.

Back