[Update - Pardoned] Trump considering pardoning Sheriff Arpaio...

Eh, it's fine.

I didn't nitpick Obama's, I'm not gonna nitpick now.

I live in Maricopa County and voted for Penzone over Arpaio. But I dont hate the guy. He was a good lawman that kept order in Phoenix and the surrounding areas for more than 15 years. His political beliefs just got the better of him and he acted weird since 2008. He was a decent environmentalist and had laws protecting wolves.

AZ resident here. Fuck Joe. If Trump pardons him then fuck Trump too. Joe is dirty.

I live in Maricopa County and voted for Penzone over Arpaio. But I dont hate the guy. He was a good lawman that kept order in Phoenix and the surrounding areas for more than 15 years. His political beliefs just got the better of him and he acted weird since 2008. He was a decent environmentalist and had laws protecting wolves.

I wonder what could have possibly happened in say November 2008 that sent him over this edge.

I dont think Donald Trump gets that it doesn't matter, your fighting illegal immigration if you break the law to do so.

Trump 'seriously considering' a pardon for ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio

President Trump may soon issue a pardon for Joe Arpaio, the colorful former Arizona sheriff who was found guilty two weeks ago of criminal contempt for defying a state judge’s order to stop traffic patrols targeting suspected undocumented immigrants. In his final years as Maricopa County sheriff, Arpaio had emerged as a leading opponent of illegal immigration.

“I am seriously considering a pardon for Sheriff Arpaio,” the president said Sunday, during a conversation with Fox News at his club in Bedminster, N.J. “He has done a lot in the fight against illegal immigration. He’s a great American patriot and I hate to see what has happened to him.”

Trump said the pardon could happen in the next few days, should he decide to do so.

Arpaio, 85, was convicted by U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton of misdemeanor contempt of court for willfully disregarding an Arizona judge’s order in 2011 to stop the anti-immigrant traffic patrols. Arpaio had maintained the law enforcement patrols for 17 months thereafter.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...onsidering-pardon-for-sheriff-joe-arpaio.html

Given he's unlikely to do any jail time given his age and it being his first offense - the question is why? Shore up the base? Show the Russian co-targets that he will pardon mid-term?

Makes sense. Their views on the topic that got Joe in trouble seem in line with one another.

Are you actually surprised by this?

I wonder what could have possibly happened in say November 2008 that sent him over this edge.
The pink underwear and tent city all came early in his career. People in Phoenix were actually applauding him for his tough stance against crime. Then he got political and the unlawful stops started happening. He deserved what he is getting but he was a good lawman at one point.

In 2008 he was found by a judge to have violated the constitution with his jail having horrendous conditions. How he escaped charges after what he oversaw, I will never know.

The pink underwear and tent city all came early in his career. People in Phoenix were actually applauding him for his tough stance against crime. Then he got political and the unlawful stops started happening. He deserved what he is getting but he was a good lawman at one point.
That should have been the blue print for all correctional facilities. Harassing minorities? Not so much.

Yea, it's Wikipedia, but it is a good collection of all the stupid and illegal shit he's done.

He's cost AZ tens of millions of dollars in lawsuits, not including all his wasteful bullshit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maricopa_County_Sheriff's_Office_controversies
Saved the money we would have spent on illegals but offsets it with lawsuits because he felt he didn't have to follow the law. Illegal immigrants are bad because they don't go by the rules but Sheriff Joe is good when he breaks the rules.

And his staff just announced a 2020 campaign rally to be held in Arizona on Tuesday Night...

Will he be stupid enough to announce the pardon at the political re-election rally, or even celebrate it there?

Sad move to pardon someone using their position of authority to undermine civil rights.

He's the White Power President and his daddy was in the Klan, of course he's going to pardon Arpaio. They're pieces of shit from the same sphincter.

I like how people claimed they voted for Trump because he wasn't a politician and then Trump morphed into a caricature of everything that people hate most about politicians. Every day his supporters must wake up in fear of how this retard will make them look.

Update -

Chickenshit did it late on Friday under the cover of a Cat 4 Hurricane hitting Texas.

Back