Trump breaks long standing practice and criticized Fed

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ong-standing-practice/?utm_term=.04e5b4cdee77

The fed is the boogeyman types may like this and I expect to see a lot of trump supporters who don’t understand what the fed does to now think the fed is treating trump unfairly now.

But you know... cutting taxes while still spending where the US is expected to run up a trillion dollar deficit next year alone while the economy was growing and there was already low unemployment is a reason why the fed is worried about inflation.

People are way too cynical about Trump. They think that he is exploiting the ignorance of his supporters and scapegoating something that he knows they don't understand and that they will therefore be scared of.

In actuality, he is himself one of those people who doesn't understand it and is therefore scared of it. There is a certain solidarity in Trump standing in trembling, wetted pants with his supporters.

The Fed owns Trump.

How about stop spending so much on military oh damn no that would be part of Putins plan.

surely a strong currency benefits the US by making their imports cheaper and exports dearer.... which would help them stop "losing" on trade as Trump likes to say.

the guys a fucking retard lol

Don't want to start a second Trump thread on the same day so I'll paste it here.

This article makes some good points imo that Trump's reputation as a deal maker is an all hype.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/this-is-the-art-of-the-deal-1531953032

Mr. Trump has three major foreign-policy initiatives going: North Korea, trade and Russia. So far, none have produced a deal or anything close. Instead, we get Mr. Trump’s repeated, Jerry Maguire-like assurances that something big is in the works.

On Trade - With tariffs and potential trade war looming, I hope they just found a dufus and not someone who should know

A high-ranking official from an Asian ally who visited the Journal’s offices recently was asked if his government has a clear idea of what Mr. Trump wants them to do on trade. “No,” he said, “we do not.”

The only deals getting done are among our trading partners, with the U.S. excluded. Japan this week signed a huge free-trade deal with the European Union. Europe is finishing similar trade deals with Canada and Mexico.

Germany last week signed significant trade deals during a meeting in Berlin between Angela Merkel and Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang. Slowly, the U.S. is being isolated.

North Korea

Mr. Trump said shortly after his sit-down with Kim Jong Un, “The North Korean nuclear threat is over.” Then this Tuesday, Mr. Trump said there is “no time limit” on the negotiations. That deal sits at square one, the same tough starting point other presidents faced. Meanwhile, Mr. Kim’s scientists will spend every day improving his missiles’ survival and accuracy.

Russia

On Tuesday at the White House, addressing the Putin controversy, Mr. Trump said his meeting with the Russian “was really strong.” He added, “They were willing to do things that frankly I didn’t think they would be willing to do.” Like what? Given the barrage of criticism this week, if anything resembling real progress had been accomplished in Helsinki, the White House would have made it public by now.

The only voice addressing the substance of the Putin meeting remains that of Mr. Trump, who in a tweet Wednesday promised, “Big results will come!”

Don't want to start a second Trump thread on the same day so I'll paste it here.

This article makes some good points imo that Trump's reputation as a deal maker is an all hype.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/this-is-the-art-of-the-deal-1531953032

Mr. Trump has three major foreign-policy initiatives going: North Korea, trade and Russia. So far, none have produced a deal or anything close. Instead, we get Mr. Trump’s repeated, Jerry Maguire-like assurances that something big is in the works.

On Trade - With tariffs and potential trade war looming, I hope they just found a dufus and not someone who should know

A high-ranking official from an Asian ally who visited the Journal’s offices recently was asked if his government has a clear idea of what Mr. Trump wants them to do on trade. “No,” he said, “we do not.”

The only deals getting done are among our trading partners, with the U.S. excluded. Japan this week signed a huge free-trade deal with the European Union. Europe is finishing similar trade deals with Canada and Mexico.

Germany last week signed significant trade deals during a meeting in Berlin between Angela Merkel and Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang. Slowly, the U.S. is being isolated.

North Korea

Mr. Trump said shortly after his sit-down with Kim Jong Un, “The North Korean nuclear threat is over.” Then this Tuesday, Mr. Trump said there is “no time limit” on the negotiations. That deal sits at square one, the same tough starting point other presidents faced. Meanwhile, Mr. Kim’s scientists will spend every day improving his missiles’ survival and accuracy.

Russia

On Tuesday at the White House, addressing the Putin controversy, Mr. Trump said his meeting with the Russian “was really strong.” He added, “They were willing to do things that frankly I didn’t think they would be willing to do.” Like what? Given the barrage of criticism this week, if anything resembling real progress had been accomplished in Helsinki, the White House would have made it public by now.

The only voice addressing the substance of the Putin meeting remains that of Mr. Trump, who in a tweet Wednesday promised, “Big results will come!”
Do you notice that no one besides Trump has actually EVER said he is a great deal maker?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ong-standing-practice/?utm_term=.04e5b4cdee77

The fed is the boogeyman types may like this and I expect to see a lot of trump supporters who don’t understand what the fed does to now think the fed is treating trump unfairly now.

But you know... cutting taxes while still spending where the US is expected to run up a trillion dollar deficit next year alone while the economy was growing and there was already low unemployment is a reason why the fed is worried about inflation.
Of course he’ll scapegoat the Fed. He’ll fuel every conspiracy he can in order to ferment doubt and cynicism about our society. That’s what he was installed to do.

People are way too cynical about Trump. They think that he is exploiting the ignorance of his supporters and scapegoating something that he knows they don't understand and that they will therefore be scared of.

In actuality, he is himself one of those people who doesn't understand it and is therefore scared of it. There is a certain solidarity in Trump standing in trembling, wetted pants with his supporters.

You’re a guy who pretends to be a communist on a karate forum and you think you’re better than the president.

It’s cringey

You’re a guy who pretends to be a communist on a karate forum and you think you’re better than the president.

It’s cringey

You're a guy who posts on a political subforum yet is too stupid to talk about the issues, so you just impulsively defend an inept man child with insults. I literally haven't seen you actually display any policy positions or understanding in your entire post history.

Also, I am better than him. You probably are too. I have to think that if you were born with Trump's privilege and access to the world and all its knowledge, you wouldn't be as much of an idiot as he is/you are.

You're a guy who posts on a political subforum yet is too stupid to talk about the issues, so you just impulsively defend an inept man child with insults. I literally haven't seen you actually display any policy positions or understanding in your entire post history.

Also, I am better than him. You probably are too. I have to think that if you were born with Trump's privilege and access to the world and all its knowledge, you wouldn't be as much of an idiot as he is/you are.

Literally every post you make contains a paragraph about how somebody is so stupid.

Surely you see the irony in you, an actual loser talking about the leader of the free world as though he’s dumb as shit.

Obama was a murderous and terrible President when it came to foreign policy but I’d never call him stupid, because it’s untrue.

Literally every post you make contains a paragraph about how somebody is so stupid.

To you. Posts addressed to you. You, bobgeese, Palis, etc. There are posters here who I wildly disagree with who are not stupid. Greoric comes to mind, since I find him and his ideas to be despicable. But he's not an idiot.

Surely you see the irony in you, an actual loser talking about the leader of the free world as though he’s dumb as shit.

Obama was a murderous and terrible President when it came to foreign policy but I’d never call him stupid, because it’s untrue.

Likewise, I wouldn't call Ted Cruz or Jeb Bush dumb asses, because they're not. They're malignant and corrupt, but they're smart guys. Hell, I think the only presidents in US history that I would call stupid are Trump and Reagan: and, to be sure, Reagan was much, much less stupid than Trump.

I'm sorry that you can't appreciate that Trump is objectively a dumb ass. But, as I kind of implied, it's because you're also a dumb ass. You don't notice him completely misunderstanding and misapplying basic concepts because you don't understand them.

To you. Posts addressed to you. You, bobgeese, Palis, etc. There are posters here who I wildly disagree with who are not stupid. Greoric comes to mind, since I find him and his ideas to be despicable. But he's not an idiot.

Likewise, I wouldn't call Ted Cruz or Jeb Bush dumb asses, because they're not. They're malignant and corrupt, but they're smart guys. Hell, I think the only presidents in US history that I would call stupid are Trump and Reagan: and, to be sure, Reagan was much, much less stupid than Trump.

I'm sorry that you can't appreciate that Trump is objectively a dumb ass. But, as I kind of implied, it's because you're also a dumb ass. You don't notice him completely misunderstanding and misapplying basic concepts because you don't understand them.

But you’re missing the point. Your original post was about how Trump is stupid. That may be the case, perhaps, but every post you make about the guy is a declaration that he’s stupid and you’re smarter than him.

You’re not. The point is that you’re not smarter than him.

You’re a pretend communist. Just by that fact you are disqualified from rising above the average iq mark

Back