Trump blasted Obama for golfing...

I ran a quick search for "Obama + Golf" and it came up with literally 7 pages of conservatives complaining LOL.

"Showing results 1 to 20 of 131"
131 posts about Obama golfing. And that's not including anything that may have been lost when the forum shifted to the new format, so it could be thousands of posts.

They seem cool with Trump doing it though. I mean the campaign was the important part right? Nothing else to do now except kick back and relax and tweet.

I hate to make it about sides but the biggest difference to me between the two sides during this election (at least on Sherdog here) is that the people who voted for Trump actually are convinced or delusional enough to think he is a morally righteous and outstanding person. And they also think he is a great leader. Like not only did they vote for him in the general election but also the Primary.

I don't know of any of the liberals on Sherdog who went around talking about Hillary in the same fashion that the Sherdog conservatives talk about Trump. Not one liberal has called Hillary "mommy" like the Trump voters have literally called him "daddy". Most of the WR liberals didn't even vote for Hillary in the Primary (I think only JVS is confirmed as having done so? I might be wrong).

So yes the democrates do need to do work in their party to keep Hillary far away from it but at least there is no cult of personality built around her like there was Trump.

Well, I'll keep this short for me. You're not wrong - though, limiting your view to "WR posters" and not the voter base at large is really a pointless limitation since we are a tiny, tiny, *tiny* portion of the voter base. I'm looking at the big picture, not just here, because we simply don't matter much. So, big picture, what you've outlined is a situation where Trump supporters (in general) actually like Trump and think he's a good guy (see: delusional and bamboozled - they should have seen the writing on the wall as soon as he started backing off on Hillary in his acceptance speech) and Hillary supporters well know that she was a vile option, a corrupt icon of a corrupt establishment that will say *whatever* she has to to get voted in, and still were unwilling to actually take the step to make their supposed abhorrence of her really matter and not cast a vote for her. Nope, some 64 million people went out there and actually cast a vote for an abhorrent candidate, showing that 64 million Democrat supporters really will take *whoever* is shoved in their faces. When you come in here and try and say "well, yeah, we're bad, but *they* are worse since they actually liked Trump" - I respond saying "I'm not sure being bamboozled by a con man is worse than knowingly voting for a bad candidate that you realize is bad. One instance shows lack of knowledge, the other shows lack of principle." This is precisely the type of "screwing the pooch" I'm pointing at in my above post - because, right now, you're trying to justify the bad actions of your party's voter base by pointing a finger at the other side for being worse. Own it - the Democrats *fucked up* and pointing fingers is just going to give your party excuses breathing room to dig the partisan trenches deeper and double down on their bad behaviour. You are being the problem, right here, right now.

And on top of that, in the big picture, you're not entirely right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...022cc2-53a6-11e6-b652-315ae5d4d4dd_video.html

Yeah, a lot of Sherdog liberals didn't show their love for HIllary, but watch this video... The sentiment behind this inane little song is held by millions upon millions of Democrat voters - that being, that Hillary was somehow something other than a really bad person and candidate who all but cheated her way to the top. She was a *bad* person that millions of Democrats believed was a good person. If you want to point fingers about the parties being bamboozled to their candidates, you'd best keep that accusation limited to the scope of Sherdog - because, at large, Hillary had the Democrat voter base largely fooled, and a lot of people actually bought into that corrupt hag's hype and artificial image. Neither side is in the clear on the front of "They thought _____ was something he/she wasn't." Both were doing it, not just the Republicans. Hell, I think you're painting a pretty damned rosy picture of Sherdog liberals too, as I did hear a lot of positivity shoveled on Sherdog over the months...

I lied. This is average length for me.

I hate to make it about sides but the biggest difference to me between the two sides during this election (at least on Sherdog here) is that the people who voted for Trump actually are convinced or delusional enough to think he is a morally righteous and outstanding person. And they also think he is a great leader. Like not only did they vote for him in the general election but also the Primary.

I don't know of any of the liberals on Sherdog who went around talking about Hillary in the same fashion that the Sherdog conservatives talk about Trump. Not one liberal has called Hillary "mommy" like the Trump voters have literally called him "daddy". Most of the WR liberals didn't even vote for Hillary in the Primary (I think only JVS is confirmed as having done so? I might be wrong).

The race was pretty much over by the time CA had its primary. I said early on that my first choice would be Biden running, and that O'Malley was my preferred candidate among the people actually running, with Clinton and Sanders not far behind. The notion that there was something uniquely bad about Clinton was just a result of Republicans seeing her as the biggest threat and smearing her the most. The same thing would have happened to Bernie if he'd won.

The key is just to not keep falling for that kind of standard campaign-season BS. I can tell you with absolute certainty that whoever Democrats nominate in 2020 will be painted by the right as an immoral, white-hating monster, and there will be some out-of-context quotes and phony scandals to bolster the point, which the MSM will take seriously. The good folks at the Intercept and other far-left outlets will decide with much deliberation that it's either better for liberals to vote for Trump or Pence or stay home than support (candidate). Save this post.

And to tie it back to your point, the reason for that is that liberal policy ideas have been, are, and will be more popular and so the right will focus on personalities and narratives, and if you have billions of dollars to make the case, you can make anyone disliked by a good portion of the population, especially the portion that is already unhappy. For the left, it's more about "who is going to make the policy that we want happen?" In that sense, Democratic candidates are largely interchangeable, once they've established that they're intelligent and capable. Republican candidates get a cult of personality because the nature of right-wing politics is fundamentally different because of the unpopularity of their policy ideas.

I lied. This is average length for me.

78644-thats-what-she-said-gif-XFJd.gif

Itt: libs celebrate cause the worst thing Trump has done so far is play golf

Sad!

Sad!

Living under a rock huh?

Things aren't going so well for your daddy. But hey you really stuck it to the "libs" and that's all that matters, actual performance is irrelevant!
<NoneOfMy>

Living under a rock huh?

Things aren't going so well for your daddy. But hey you really stuck it to the "libs" and that's all that matters, actual performance is irrelevant!
<NoneOfMy>
Things are going very well. The left on this forum are so pathetic they turned Trump golfing into a thread about how delusional the right is and a bunch of other nonsense lol its pretty funny actually

Wouldn't in order to be upset about this, you would have to believe that Trump has done nothing in his first 30 days which we know is bullshit. I mean you guys are just looking to be outraged at this point digging up irrelevant stories. It's getting really sad at this point.

Sad!
Good to see an actual Trump Supporter willing to post in this thread, however I noticed you didn't address the comments Trump made prior to becoming President about how he would be working for the American people and wouldn't have time for golf.

So, Mr. Budden (hopefully that's your real name and you didn't name yourself after a mediocre rapper that killed his unborn child) how do you feel about The Donald's lies about golfing?

Wouldn't in order to be upset about this, you would have to believe that Trump has done nothing in his first 30 days which we know is bullshit. I mean you guys are just looking to be outraged at this point digging up irrelevant stories. It's getting really sad at this point.
No, in order to be upset about this you would have to believe that the person you voted into office has lied to you. Doesn't matter what he has or hasn't done, as none of that would make up for him blatantly lying and making a hypocrite of himself.

No, in order to be upset about this you would have to believe that the person you voted into office has lied to you. Doesn't matter what he has or hasn't done, as none of that would make up for him blatantly lying and making a hypocrite of himself.

And how did he lie in regards to this thread?

Good to see an actual Trump Supporter willing to post in this thread, however I noticed you didn't address the comments Trump made prior to becoming President about how he would be working for the American people and wouldn't have time for golf.

So, Mr. Budden (hopefully that's your real name and you didn't name yourself after a mediocre rapper that killed his unborn child) how do you feel about The Donald's lies about golfing?
So was I suppose to expect an avid golfer would never golf once he became POTUS? Like @TheStruggle just said, hes been hard at work and done a lot in his first month. I get it, the left wants to villify whatever they can, but lets not act like you can do this with EVERY politician ever (say one thing, do another). At least this is about golf and not a policy he promised.

Trump made Obama's golf a staple of his 2016 critique of the President.
"I love golf, I think it's one of the greats, but I don't have time," Trump said during a December 2016 rally in Michigan. "He played more golf last year than Tiger Woods. We don't have time for this. We don't have time for this. We have to work."

And now -

President Donald Trump has made visiting his Florida golf courses a near every-weekend habit in the first month of his administration, and his aides are trying to obscure whether Trump is actually golfing during the visits.
One possible reason: Trump was a frequent and vocal critic of President Barack Obama's golf habit, regularly slamming the former president for playing golf with many pressing issues before the country. Trump even suggested during a 2016 event in Virginia, in a knock on Obama, that if elected he was "not going to have time to go play golf."
"I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go play golf," Trump said at the time.
And how does this compare to Obama's first month in the WH

Aides would not confirm that Trump played golf each time, but through a series of social media posts and interviews with the professional golfers who joined him, it is clear the President golfed during most of these visits. By comparison, Obama played his first round of golf as President on April 26, 2009, at Andrews Air Force Base.
And they know they're hypocrites to the point they're lying about it to hide his rounds -

The professional golfer said Trump "shot around 80" through 18 holes, eight strokes above the course's par 72 layout.
The reported 18 holes of golf, however, directly contradicts how White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders described Trump's visit to the golf course during a briefing with reporters on Sunday.
"I know he played a couple of holes this morning but I am not going to disclose any of the others that were there," Sanders said, adding that Trump also "played a couple" on Saturday, as well.
Confronted by McIlroy's comments about playing 18 holes with the President, Sanders said the President "intended to play a few holes and decided to play longer."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/20/politics/donald-trump-golfing-presidency/

I'm sure folks will claim not to care, and it's really a non-issue EXCEPT for the fact Trump made it a campaign issue to attack Obama on it and Obama's golfing was a regular attack front in right wing media the whole of his Presidency, and even here.

Trump is literally Hitler on the course

But for real Obama in presidential standards was a work horse of the 5%. People just liked to say it

eh, everyone around the guy says Trump works circles around them. If he wants to fly to Florida on a Sunday afternoon and play golf, who cares? He's back to work the next day. He's not on vacation.

Trump made Obama's golf a staple of his 2016 critique of the President.
"I love golf, I think it's one of the greats, but I don't have time," Trump said during a December 2016 rally in Michigan. "He played more golf last year than Tiger Woods. We don't have time for this. We don't have time for this. We have to work."

And now -

President Donald Trump has made visiting his Florida golf courses a near every-weekend habit in the first month of his administration, and his aides are trying to obscure whether Trump is actually golfing during the visits.
One possible reason: Trump was a frequent and vocal critic of President Barack Obama's golf habit, regularly slamming the former president for playing golf with many pressing issues before the country. Trump even suggested during a 2016 event in Virginia, in a knock on Obama, that if elected he was "not going to have time to go play golf."
"I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go play golf," Trump said at the time.
And how does this compare to Obama's first month in the WH

Aides would not confirm that Trump played golf each time, but through a series of social media posts and interviews with the professional golfers who joined him, it is clear the President golfed during most of these visits. By comparison, Obama played his first round of golf as President on April 26, 2009, at Andrews Air Force Base.
And they know they're hypocrites to the point they're lying about it to hide his rounds -

The professional golfer said Trump "shot around 80" through 18 holes, eight strokes above the course's par 72 layout.
The reported 18 holes of golf, however, directly contradicts how White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders described Trump's visit to the golf course during a briefing with reporters on Sunday.
"I know he played a couple of holes this morning but I am not going to disclose any of the others that were there," Sanders said, adding that Trump also "played a couple" on Saturday, as well.
Confronted by McIlroy's comments about playing 18 holes with the President, Sanders said the President "intended to play a few holes and decided to play longer."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/20/politics/donald-trump-golfing-presidency/

I'm sure folks will claim not to care, and it's really a non-issue EXCEPT for the fact Trump made it a campaign issue to attack Obama on it and Obama's golfing was a regular attack front in right wing media the whole of his Presidency, and even here.

Only the Trump cultists have failed to arrive at the obvious conclusion that this POTUS is an off the charts, hypocrite scum-bag con-man.

"I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go play golf,"

Yeah, that's not a lie. Trump has put in more work in the first 30 days than any other president in recent memory. You can say he playing golf too when he criticizing Obama for doing it but he has not been sitting on his ass so no, there is no real outrage here, just the anti-trump gallery jerking their dicks about a 3 year old tweet.

Back