Trump administration is expanding H-2B guest worker visas. Nice.

I'm sure there were, but there were also plenty clarifying to the left that Trump was always talking about illegal immigrants, when hysterical lefties tried to paint the picture that he was talking about "all Mexicans".

<puh-lease75>

Libertarians are pro open-border. It's government overreach to deny somebody the opportunity to work for an employer if both are willing to enter into a contract <cheer>
Visas for workers are a step in the right direction :cool:
Derp. The employers should be offering more incentive to already existing workers. There are plenty of people who would do these jobs if they raised the pay and benefits enough. I guess scarcity isn't a thing anymore. Libertarians waiting for the government to save their businesses. Sad!

The Trump administration is likely to expand a controversial guest-worker program, Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly told Congress on Thursday, in a move that’s bound to anger some of the president’s staunchest supporters.

Congress earlier this month gave Mr. Kelly the power to more than double the number of H-2B visas issued this fiscal year from 66,000 to more than 135,000. In the weeks since, Mr. Kelly said, he’s been swamped with lawmakers lobbying him on both sides of the issue, with some saying businesses in their states and districts are desperate for the foreign help, and others pleading with the secretary to protect American workers by not approving the increase. “This is one of those things I wish I didn’t have discretion,” Mr. Kelly told the Senate Appropriations Committee.

H-2B visas are aimed at seasonal non-agricultural workers, and are generally good for up to a year. The visas are sought by summer and winter resorts, as well as other seasonal businesses — from Maryland’s crab-picking plants to Alaska’s seafood processing industry.

President Trump during his campaign promised to protect American workers from foreign competition, which draws a lot of attention to his administration’s decision to expand the H-2B visa program.
“We’ll likely increase the numbers for this year, perhaps not by the entire number I’m authorized,” Mr. Kelly said Thursday, tipping his hand somewhat.

“At this point right now, because we have no workers, we are turning down work, we are returning deposits and we are cutting business in half,” said one woman from a landscaping company in New Jersey.
Advocates for U.S. workers, though, said there’s no need to look outside the country to fill jobs, particularly since the 66,000 level was in place last year and businesses survived.
“If your business model is based on recruiting foreign workers above the level authorized in regular law, you probably should rethink your business model,” said Rosemary Jenks, government relations manager at NumbersUSA.

The divisions over the issue are deep in Congress.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/25/trump-administration-moves-to-expand-h-2b-visa-pro/
I agree with the Trump administration here, smart decision. What do you think?

Of course. Ignorant whites complain about illegal immigrants stealing their jobs, but time and time again it's been shown that whites won't do the jobs they complain about immigrants stealing. And nobody wants the price of those goods to go up to reflect an American wage.

Derp. The employers should be offering more incentive to already existing workers. There are plenty of people who would do these jobs if they raised the pay and benefits enough. I guess scarcity isn't a thing anymore. Libertarians waiting for the government to save their businesses. Sad!
You have that backwards. Governments came up with federal immigration law to begin with. We should just have a world-wide free market.

You have that backwards. Governments came up with federal immigration law to begin with. We should just have a world-wide free market.
That's impossible. Labor's bargaining power wouldn't exist in that scenario. Capital can go wherever it wants, and labor is fucked. Just another reason that Libertarianism is retarded.

That's impossible. Labor's bargaining power wouldn't exist in that scenario. Capital can go wherever it wants, and labor is fucked. Just another reason that Libertarianism is retarded.
why do you hate foreigners -.-

Trump voters in general. I mean, is there anything you can't say that about up to this point?
You are an idiot and a hypocrite. When Trump hammered down on immigration...you're the first to cry....now that he has mellowed down...you laughed at his supporters? What are you really in for then? It's fucking H2-B, now if he's going to welcome massive refugee's in without strict process..that's another story.

You are an idiot and a hypocrite. When Trump hammered down on immigration...you're the first to cry....now that he has mellowed down...you laughed at his supporters? What are you really in for then? It's fucking H2-B, now if he's going to welcome massive refugee's in without strict process..that's another story.

I'm not taking a stance, just pointing out hypocrisy lol. You miss his tweet? CANCEL ORDER! END H1-B.

good, transition from illegal immigrants to legal ones needs this

I'm not taking a stance, just pointing out hypocrisy lol. You miss his tweet? CANCEL ORDER! END H1-B.

Since he has been in office he has got the ball rolling on reforming H-1B visas so that they are better for skilled immigrants and American workers alike. Besides this thread is about H-2B. H-1B is skilled worker visas and H-2B is non skilled workers. Nobody cares if immigrants want to come here legally and do low level manual labor.

Immigration hawks and liberal activists for years have both said the program is badly abused by employers, and Trump agrees with them. Even fans of the program now talk about the need for an overhaul.

"The odds are pretty good. This is a very clear priority for the administration," said Calvin Moore, spokesman for Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who has co-sponsored one of the four H1-B reform bills that have been introduced in Congress.

A rough consensus has settled on raising the minimum salary and education levels for the visa workers, in effect making them more expensive for the companies in Silicon Valley and elsewhere that sponsor them

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/h...ipartisan-support-in-congress/article/2622034

Last edited:
Since he has been in office he has got the ball rolling on reforming H1-B visas so that they are better for skilled immigrants and American workers alike. Besides this thread is about H2-B. H1-B is skilled worker visas and H2-B is non skilled workers. Nobody cares if immigrants want to come here legally to pick fruit.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/h...ipartisan-support-in-congress/article/2622034

"...institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

<puh-lease75>

>END H-1B. AMERICA FIRST

>*Expands H-2B program*

<puh-lease75>
yes, americans are all about that low paying job as table cleaner at disneyland.......

the H2 expansion is to fill in the void with illegals getting the boot, replacing with legal workers. So much hypocrisy

yes, americans are all about that low paying job as table cleaner at disneyland.......

the H2 expansion is to fill in the void with illegals getting the boot, replacing with legal workers. So much hypocrisy

I mean, we're apparently all about backbreaking coal work, so cleaning tables seems easy to me? #CoalJobsComeBack

"...institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

<puh-lease75>

I don't quite understand what you are getting at? It seems to have worked out for all party's involved.

More legally vetted immigrants can come here and do the manual labor Jobs and the immigrants temporarily here for the skilled work are going to get paid more and not outsource American workers,

Regardless of what "side" you are on this sounds like something most logical people could get behind. Instead of finding a way to criticize it shouldn't you (as a Democrat) be happy about this?

You can pick apart the he said she said with any president as they aren't the end all be all of policy. What's important is how the end product turns out and this seems functional for everybody.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at? It seems to have worked out for all party's involved.

More legally vetted immigrants can come here and do the manual labor Jobs and the immigrants temporarily for skilled work are going to get paid more and not out source American workers,

Regardless of what "side" you are on this sounds like something most logical people could get behind. Instead of finding a way to criticize it shouldn't you (as a Democrat) be happy about this?

You can pick apart the he said she said with any president as they aren't the end all be all of policy. What's important is how the end product turns out and this seems functional for everybody.

Not a democrat fam.

And I already said I was here for the hypocrisy lol.

Back