Trump Administration Considers Penalizing Immigrants for Using Gov. Benefits

LOL, so you google searched "welfare and upward mobility" and then just copy and pasted the links? Spectacular.

If you cant even get the search engine name right, you have no chance at all. No wonder you cant defend your points or even grasp that base argument.

I mean, if you cant even understand that your statement of immigrants doing poorly translates into their remaining poor and America needing to have them show up as poor today or your argument falls apart and mine is proped up, then how could you possibly form a remotely decent argument.

Immigrants pre-1960 DID do well because the amount of upper and middle class increased constantly over time showing that improvement.

And do I really need to point out that the decline in that photo started in 1820, 140 YEARS before these social safety nets started AND that its WORLD-WIDE, not America...that chart is due to CAPITALISM....worse yet, your second photo actually proves you WRONG. In that photo in 1968 the poverty rate is at 14%...its at %15 in 2013...with almost 5X THE AMOUNT OF SOCIAL SPENDING.

Hahahaa....all your personal insults did wut?
<Wink>

Lol c'mon man that is your first post in this thread, you injected (in all caps no less) race into it. I'm obligated to give you shit for doing so. Also you absolutely have not at any point convinced me that immigrants had to do more to get through Ellis Island than they do now.

Actually I did, and I even underlined the things they had to do that they do not today. And yes, it was important to note their race since race is THE thing always brought up today hence "And that was to WHITE people" to highlight that if white people jumped through those hoops, then it should be today also for anyone else. By removing benefits, it will bring it back to what IT WAS LIKE.

That is the justification. Remove the safety-net that was created for citizens from immigrants since immigrants before it, did fine without it also. Then we can start doing away with all the other garbage that was tagged on lately also like the insane amount of time it takes to gain citizenship.

You asked for justification, I answered, with underlined reasons...you got pissy and missed the entire point. I think immigrants today are more than capable of doing what those that came before them have done, so I wonder who the racists actually are in this thread.

Why do you keep bringing up hoops people jump through to immigrate here in relation to a policy centered around what occurs when they've already jumped through the hoops to immigrate?

If you cant even get the search engine name right, you have no chance at all. No wonder you cant defend your points or even grasp that base argument.

Uhh...what? You want me to guess what search engine you used to show you don't know anything about this subject?

I guessed Google, but I suppose I should have guessed something like AskJeeves.com on the basis that your sophistication of technology likely matches the sophistication of your political knowledge.

I mean, if you cant even understand that your statement of immigrants doing poorly translates into their remaining poor and America needing to have them show up as poor today or your argument falls apart and mine is proped up, then how could you possibly form a remotely decent argument.

I literally am at a loss on how someone can be this dense.

Before the New Deal, more than a third of the population was in poverty, including the vast majority of immigrants. Poverty was hugely reduced between 1935 and 1980. The fact that you are then ascribing modern poverty rates to the pre-1935 conditions and policies is a special kind of retarded.

I mean, you might as well say that entitlements have held the black community in artificial poverty, despite the clear statistical evidence of the fact that black poverty was far, far worse before social democratic institutions. And I'm sure you would.

Immigrants pre-1960 DID do well because the amount of upper and middle class increased constantly over time showing that improvement.

Again, it's hilarious that you don't see that you're making an argument against your point: the middle class and the expansion of the upper class (domestically that's a silly concept, but I'll once again substitute some of my own coherency for you, and assume you're meaning relative living standards to the international community) were owed to social democratic policies including unemployment, social security, medicare, and legislative worker rights.

And do I really need to point out that the decline in that photo started in 1820, 140 YEARS before these social safety nets started AND that its WORLD-WIDE, not America...that chart is due to CAPITALISM....worse yet, your second photo actually proves you WRONG. In that photo in 1968 the poverty rate is at 14%...its at %15 in 2013...with almost 5X THE AMOUNT OF SOCIAL SPENDING.

That's the beginning of the chart, you fucking idiot.

1820-1920 = 15% reduction over 100 years
1940-1980 = 25% reduction over 40 years.

Also, using cap locks doesn't make your point clearer: it just makes your hysteria more obvious.

Actually I did, and I even underlined the things they had to do that they do not today. And yes, it was important to note their race since race is THE thing always brought up today hence "And that was to WHITE people" to highlight that if white people jumped through those hoops, then it should be today also for anyone else. By removing benefits, it will bring it back to what IT WAS LIKE.

That is the justification. Remove the safety-net that was created for citizens from immigrants since immigrants before it, did fine without it also. Then we can start doing away with all the other garbage that was tagged on lately also like the insane amount of time it takes to gain citizenship.

You asked for justification, I answered, with underlined reasons...you got pissy and missed the entire point. I think immigrants today are more than capable of doing what those that came before them have done, so I wonder who the racists actually are in this thread.
Lmao no removing benefits will make immigrants have to live under a separate set of rules from other citizens. That wasn’t the case then.

The point isn’t comparing a time when no one has benefits to now. That’s totally irrelevant.

If you don’t think anyone should receive any benefits that’s one thing, but it’s still not the topic at hand.

Why should immigrants who’ve legally jumped through all the hoops be subjected to a separate set of rules as other citizens? That’s the issue here.

And despite all that you’re still wrong that immigrants then had to prove/do more than those today. With the exception of refugees. And I’ve given you examples that prove you wrong. Only 2% were turned away from Ellis Island! It’s much more selective now, except that we actually allow Asians in which we didn’t then.

Well done! Best president ever! They shouldn´t have rights since they are illegal.

Come to America, contribute nothing, and take all the benefits

How is that hard to be against?
That is why is always said, the we should only prioritize immigration from westerns. Or east asians, they are the only group of people that improves the places where they are.

Everyone knows, but thankly President Trump have the balls to be realistic about this.

Well done! Best president ever! They shouldn´t have rights since they are illegal.
No, this is aimed at citizens who have already legally immigrated!

Which is why I think it's terrible. You won't find me promoting illegal immigrants getting benefits.

No, this is aimed at citizens who have already legally immigrated!

Which is why I think it's terrible. You won't find me promoting illegal immigrants getting benefits.
I think this story is a typical fake news cnn style. President Trump wants to penalizing immigrants that lost their job and need temporarily governement benefits?
Or those that somehow got citzenship but didn´t work a single time, and waste a lot of taxpayers money? Big difference.

I think this story is a typical fake news cnn style. President Trump wants to penalizing immigrants that lost their job and need temporarily governement benefits?
Or those that somehow got citzenship but didn´t work a single time, and waste a lot of taxpayers money? Big difference.

This proposal would jeopardize even the legal status of individuals that simply use ACA subsidies. Seriously go look into it.

Back