Trump’s Proposal to End Public Service Loan Forgiveness

Somebody's gotta pay for his weekly weekend travels to Florida that costs a lot of money.

There's a reason you can't refute the articles. Hint, you're an angry idiot.

Nice projection though. I work for Amazon and spent years getting a useful degree (while working for a different Fortune 10 company, full time) so I would not have to give a shit about inferior opinions. Even if I don't sell stock, my quarter is your year, best case for you.
So you're a selfish cunt? One who tries to portray his confidence, but it shows as smug arrogance?

If you're not lying, I already know what you look like.

American people trying to better their lives without going into crippling debt?
FUCK 'EM!

So you are cool with someone borrowing six figures to get a communication degree and then not paying it back?

I like the idea that people have the opportunity to improve themselves but I really think the system is broken. We have people borrowing tons of money for women's studies degrees and then wondering why they can't get that high paying dream job. Are people really being served by the status quo?

And where does all this money go anyway? Who in higher education is benefiting from all the government largess?

So lubed schlong didn't make enough to pay off his debt in ten years, doesn't sound successful

So the government makes a contract with students that in order to get a really high federal loan, with a condition that they can pay it off easier by working in the public sector. They do this to attract those that otherwise wouldn't take such a loan. Then the government backs out of their end.

Guess which party supports millionaires fucking over the working class?

Last edited:
I bitch about it all the time. School tuition costs have become completely absurd.
There isn't really any incentive to lower it when there are gov't backed loans. I have no idea why my school felt like 3 gyms and a movie theater and a bunch of fake departments and luxury dorms were necessities, but they can charge whatever the hell they want in tuition and just make the students spend decades paying it off. Nobody would be able to afford it and they'd have to close down if they charged that much without student loans.

There isn't really any incentive to lower it when there are gov't backed loans. I have no idea why my school felt like 3 gyms and a movie theater and a bunch of fake departments and luxury dorms were necessities, but they can charge whatever the hell they want in tuition and just make the students spend decades paying it off. Nobody would be able to afford it and they'd have to close down if they charged that much without student loans.
I agree about the loan programs. I think we should have free state colleges with great teachers, but bare bones dorms and amenities. This hybrid system has caused absurd costs increases. You either need to set the pricing and pay for it with taxes, or remove the artificial inflation caused by the government backed loans. Administration at universities largely needs to be culled as well.

retarded poor right wingers always vote against their best interest and vote in the best interest of the rich. They are the only group of people who always vote against their best interest....no wonder the rich loves these morons

So the government makes a contract with students that in order to get a really high federal loan, with a condition that they can pay it off easier by working in the public sector. They do this to attract those that otherwise wouldn't take such a loan. Then the government backs out of their end.

Guess which party supports millionaires fucking over the working class?

I thought it stated from people borrowing from 2018 onwards. Current loans wouldn't be affected.

I thought it stated from people borrowing from 2018 onwards. Current loans wouldn't be affected.

It does, and it makes the proposal more palatable, but still terrible.

We are the richest nation on the planet, and we are removing resources for people seeking a higher education. We pump trillions into our military budget, when just a fraction could place us above all nations in terms of educational opportunities. It's as if we are begging China to overtake us.

I was just responding to the idiots screeching "you took out a loan, fuck you!" That isn't a smart approach to education.

I agree about the loan programs. I think we should have free state colleges with great teachers, but bare bones dorms and amenities. This hybrid system has caused absurd costs increases. You either need to set the pricing and pay for it with taxes, or remove the artificial inflation caused by the government backed loans. Administration at universities largely needs to be culled as well.
I'm not sure using taxpayer funding would lower the cost, it would just shift it onto people who didn't even get the benefit of it. Then also you'd have to wonder why university tuition is being paid for by taxpayers and not trade schools. Then also the people who did take out the loans whose taxes now also pay for it, so that lucky bunch gets to pay for college twice.

I'd much prefer the price was just lowered based on what people can pay, so they can either make it affordable or not have students. That seems much more effective to cut costs and slow down on decadent spending and bloated faculty. And also it seems a little shitty if some 20 year old is already working and not in college but still has to pay for people his age to go so they can get a better job than he has after partying for a few more years. Having more online schools that were taken more seriously would also cut down the brick and mortar costs, and would also allow students to work their way through college.

It does, and it makes the proposal more palatable, but still terrible.

We are the richest nation on the planet, and we are removing resources for people seeking a higher education. We pump trillions into our military budget, when just a fraction could place us above all nations in terms of educational opportunities. It's as if we are begging China to overtake us.

I was just responding to the idiots screeching "you took out a loan, fuck you!" That isn't a smart approach to education.

I'm sure everyone will agree with the military budget. But I believe in people honoring their debt. I'm against students taking out debt to apply for shitty subjects. Example, gender studies.

Perhaps funding can be directed to certain subjects like medicine.

I'm sure everyone will agree with the military budget. But I believe in people honoring their debt. I'm against students taking out debt to apply for shitty subjects. Example, gender studies.

Perhaps funding can be directed to certain subjects like medicine.

And I'm against the government not honoring their part of the agreement. If the government wants to slash funding for college or debt forgiveness, fine. But don't be surprised as the rest of the world offering incentives pass us by. But we can always be comforted by the "if you're born poor, fuck you" mantra as we slide into 20th place in the world rankings.

I actually agree with this. Students shouldn't be taking 200k loans if they have no intention of paying it off. With that being said; the government has been known to bail out big businesses with little repercussions to those businesses. That shouldn't be allowed either but it will continue to happen.

¨We really need to fvk over these kids coming out of college. Theyre trying to better their lives and be socially mobile. Thats a threat to the oligarchy and dynastic wealth¨

The genius deal maker who plays 4d (or is it 10d now?) chess daily, who somehow managed to spend more taxpayer money on private flights in couple of months than the previous president managed to do in over a year (shortly after criticising the previous president for this exact thing)....
The genius deal maker who put forth major tax cuts for major corporations in return for a couple of hundred temporary jobs... for a couple of months...
The genius deal maker who will now spend more taxpayer money on a vanity project because his genius deal making skills didn't do jack shit
The genius deal maker who admitted to the press that he essentially has issues reading....

THAT genius, will now milk the youth of his country for the money they don't have... because, MAGA, 12D chess and other bullshit.

Honestly, Trump voters owe the rest of their country an apology

So lubed schlong didn't make enough to pay off his debt in ten years, doesn't sound successful

There are plans designed to keep payments low. Why would I pay more than legally required? The goal is to get the maximum amount forgiven.

Last edited:
So people were taking out loans and we're supposed to think they're getting hosed for having to pay back the loans they took out?

Why the hell would public servants be immune to paying back loans? Sounds like another way for people in gov't to give more freebies to their friends.

Because it was a condition of the job they took.

How can you not grasp this??????

If they're going to do this, they should also put greater restrictions on the amount a student can borrow in the first place. The number of universities/programs out there that will make a kid feel like he is special and wanted, when in reality that kid is just an avenue to lining a university's pockets, grosses me out.

Sure, it's the real world and we should all be responsible for our decisions, but a lot of these kids have been babied, and some of their parents don't understand what it costs to attend college. There's an inherent belief in a young adult's mind that if someone is allowing him to do something, it's okay to do it. "If the bank is loaning me this money, then everyone is probably doing it, and it must be reasonable to pay it back."

I don't care if it's an example of naivety; people shouldn't be taken advantage of.

And where does all this money go anyway? Who in higher education is benefiting from all the government largess?
Admins make huge salaries and they're growing in number. It's not uncommon for a "Dean of Diversity" to pull $300K a year. Politicians use these positions as a way to give cushy jobs to supporters.

And schools love to build buy and build property. Construction companies are doing pretty well on this scam too.

Back