Trump’s old tweets are becoming a minefield of hypocrisy

Oh snap reading his past tweets, it seems like he's been planning his presidency since Obama. Non-stop bad mouthing Obama and Democrats then 2016 election came along, he threw his name out there to see reaction. Reactions were good so he ran for President and claims to undo all the bad things Obama and Democrats did. He was brainwashing people from the beginning.

As for the popular vote is bad for democracy, it still is. He is proving how bad it is by winning the electoral way or exploiting/showcasing what a bad system it is.

But it shows you a lot about his character though, right?

In some cases he is exposing himself of being anti-intellectual or just flat out dumb and in many cases a massive liar. It would be ok to change your mind and actually expected if you move to a better position, but to be a hypocrite and liar is unacceptable and does have consequences today.

Anti intellectual etc means nothing. Results matter. Im sure you'd agree

Oh snap reading his past tweets, it seems like he's been planning his presidency since Obama. Non-stop bad mouthing Obama and Democrats then 2016 election came along, he threw his name out there to see reaction. Reactions were good so he ran for President and claims to undo all the bad things Obama and Democrats did. He was brainwashing people from the beginning.

As for the popular vote is bad for democracy, it still is. He is proving how bad it is by winning the electoral way or exploiting/showcasing what a bad system it is.

hi Freaky,

Mr. Trump has toyed with the idea of a POTUS run for several election cycles now - though i think alot of it had to do with raising the profile for his brand.

and sure, he's bashed Mr. Obama...but i didn't see him as much of an ideologue. i think his modus operandi has always been to infer that the people in government (no matter what party they belonged to) were a bunch of dopes and he could do better.

- IGIT

Lol who cares about this shit besides butthurt liberals? I was against the EC until a liberal of all people showed me the good in it. I don't care about tweets from 5 years ago. I care what he's doing today
@Jack V Savage you must have missed this post huh?

Edit: holy shit I just realized you quoted this very post. You must be stupid stupid stupid...

Last edited:
Anti intellectual etc means nothing. Results matter. Im sure you'd agree
Eh, it means a ton. How can a president be successful, or as you said "get results" without the intellectual curiosity to learn really complicated topics that pertain to the job? Without it he is bound to make some really bad mistakes.

Eh, it means a ton. How can a president be successful, or as you said "get results" without the intellectual curiosity to learn really complicated topics that pertain to the job? Without it he is bound to make some really bad mistakes.

Replace president with candidate and I'll ask you the same thing. Yet he won, somehow. He's not as incompetent as you'd like to think

Replace president with candidate and I'll ask you the same thing. Yet he won, somehow. He's not as incompetent as you'd like to think
Winning an election doesn't make you competent. I'd concede that he is a good salesman to people that don't know better.

Lol who cares about this shit besides butthurt liberals? I was against the EC until a liberal of all people showed me the good in it. I don't care about tweets from 5 years ago. I care what he's doing today

hi oleDirtyBast4rd,

most liberals are really just bemused about Mr. Trump's flip flops, they're not upset...heck, in some cases they are relieved by Mr. Trump's sudden change of course on any number of topics.

as to the date of Mr. Trump's tweets, you don't have to go back 5 years, lol. just look at what he said on the campaign trail last year.

- IGIT

hi oleDirtyBast4rd,

most liberals are really just bemused about Mr. Trump's flip flops, they're not upset...heck, in some cases they are relieved by Mr. Trump's sudden change of course on any number of topics.

as to the date of Mr. Trump's tweets, you don't have to go back 5 years, lol. just look at what he said on the campaign trail last year.

- IGIT
They're using them as some kind of aha! Gotcha! It's sad because they're talking about impeachment and how he's not gonna last, but they have nothing to show for it so they settle for these cute tweets

You want to pretend he's anti intellectual and a baffoon. Howd he win?

The biggest stoner in my high school ran for student council president as a joke and won.

When the electorate is cynical, disengaged, misinformed or some combination of the three, winning an election says nothing about a candidate's competence.

The biggest stoner in my high school ran for student council president as a joke and won.

When the electorate is cynical, disengaged, misinformed or some combination of the three, winning an election says nothing about a candidate's competency.

This isn't high school politics...

They're using them as some kind of aha! Gotcha! It's sad because they're talking about impeachment and how he's not gonna last, but they have nothing to show for it so they settle for these cute tweets

hi oleDirtyBast4rd,

i think they're just pointing out that much of Mr. Trump's policy (such that it is) doesn't really reflect what he said a half year ago or so. no one put a gun to Mr. Trump's head and forced him to type out those tweets....those are his words. his positions.

i mean, think about it; if you supported Trump for his non-interventionalist stance...or his promise to deliver (a unicorn) low cost, high coverage healthcare...or his promise to have a wall that Mexico paid for...i could go on here, but you get my point - there isn't much to be happy about.

it's not just liberals pointing out this contradiction, either.

at RedState.com, pointing out Mr. Trump's flip flops has become a kind of drinking game.

- IGIT

Last edited:
I'm not making some kind of detailed ranking; just noting that Trump is an extreme and obvious outlier.

I don't claim to know who is the second-heaviest guy in this picture, but I know who the heaviest is:

PRIMO-CARNERA.jpg

Further, my view is judge people by their actions. By their actions, we know that politicians normally try to keep their promises, but Trump has not been. We also know that public statements by politicians are almost always true, but Trump is an extreme exception there.
1. Your image contains most of the data needed to formulate a comparison and a conclusion. If you did the same work in collecting the body of information for each President you could do the same, but you're not. You're just making assumptions on the data.

2. Politicians normally try to keep their promises? These are the most dishonest people on the planet. That's the game of politics...to control public perception, rather than be honest and forthcoming. That shit doesn't get you elected.

I have no principles because I changed my opinion? I learned a lot from that thread. It's why I enjoy arguing. It helps me learn more about a topic. How is that hypocrisy anyways?

Be honest. You didn't really change your opinion. You just don't actually have any principles. When you thought the EC was going to hurt your "team," you were against it, and the instant you saw it help, you were for it.

@Jack V Savage you must have missed this post huh?

Edit: holy shit I just realized you quoted this very post. You must be stupid stupid stupid...

I'm stupid because I busted you lying. I guess that's keeping with what I expect from you (why I've had you on ignore for a while).

1. Your image contains most of the data needed to formulate a comparison and a conclusion. If you did the same work in collecting the body of information for each President you could do the same, but you're not. You're just making assumptions on the data.

Did you miss the link? My view is based on the research.

2. Politicians normally try to keep their promises? These are the most dishonest people on the planet. That's the game of politics...to control public perception, rather than be honest and forthcoming. That shit doesn't get you elected.

Yes, you claimed that, I cited data that contradicts it, you made a few pointless posts, and now you're reasserting it.

Be honest. You didn't really change your opinion. You just don't actually have any principles. When you thought the EC was going to hurt your "team," you were against it, and the instant you saw it help, you were for it.

I'm stupid because I busted you lying. I guess that's keeping with what I expect from you (why I've had you on ignore for a while).

Be honest? What are you on about hack savage? I changed my opinion because I learned more and can admit when I'm wrong. Can you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back