True or false? The Chris beats Anderson everytime

this may not be a popular opinion but I wouldn't have minded a 3rd fight there.

yes chris was winning both fights but both were short, Anderson was clowning in the 1st and then a freak injury early in the 2nd. still don't feel like that whole thing got settled once and for all.

I completely disagree.

Anderson was extremely vulnerable to wrestling and the Chris has great mma wrestling. Hes like a Chael Sonnen 2.0, not to mention he had zero trouble at all with Silva in two separate fights.

I think Weidman beats Silva the majority of the time if they fight, not to mention Silva's ufc career has a permanent asterisks next to it.

Yeah I thought original post said to put USADA aside... I don’t consider Anderson or Jones to be goats because of that asterisk, but that has nothing to do with this thread.

Prime Anderson (From Leben to Forrest fight) mails ANY version of Weidman.

They where both in their prime. Anderson had NOTHING.

There was a decline in Anderson after the Griffin fight. His “Prime” was from Leben fight to the Forrest fight. Weidman gets destroyed by that version of Anderson.

prime anderson could do anything mousasi did to chris....

No one beats prime Anderson every time. Honestly in MMA it would be hard to even beat a bum every single time. Too much can happen and Anderson was by far the most lethal fighter to ever compete in the UFC, he could end a fight instantly with just about any part of his body.

That said, I agree that Chris is basically a better Sonnen. He is a nightmare matchup for Anderson, but I think that Chris' striking has been exposed at this point. Anderson in his prime would beat Chris pretty easily standing up, but if the fight went to the ground he'd definitely lose. It would be a coin toss based mostly on how much grappling was involved.

Alright, so it's common knowledge that Anderson Silva didn't win a single minute against The Chris Weidman in both their fights combined.
The Chris just had his number in those fights, it's not debatable.

Lets take USADA out of the picture. Would the outcome be any different if Anderson was still in his prime and/or motivated?
Or is The Chris just the superior fighter and a nightmare matchup for Anderson?
How would a third fight go today when both fighters have declined a bit?

Discuss
False. Anderson could have easily killed Weidman in '84 when he was 9 and the Chris was an infant

anderson beat himself the 2 times first

I don’t know but Anderson will always be in GOAT conversations and Chris is almost forgotten already.

<6>
u know whenever theres some dominant fighter (or athlete in any sport for that matter) i almost never want them to lose partially because you just know whoever beats team is not going to be worthy of all the praise that comes with being the one to beat the unbeatable one

u know whenever theres some dominant fighter (or athlete in any sport for that matter) i almost never want them to lose partially because you just know whoever beats team is not going to be worthy of all the praise that comes with being the one to beat the unbeatable one
Yup, it’s very rare that the one who actually beats them becomes that great. Jones/Shogun and GSP/Hughes are the exception.

There was a decline in Anderson after the Griffin fight. His “Prime” was from Leben fight to the Forrest fight. Weidman gets destroyed by that version of Anderson.

That Anderson couldn’t even finish Leites.

These prime arguments are tough. I think it was clear that Anderson had lost a step by the time of the Weidman fights, so earlier in his career it seems fair to say he'd have dealt with that same Weidman better. But would it have been better enough? Weidman was a tough match up for him and would be at any time of Silva's career.

At least we're past talking about Weidman's win as a fluke.

That was a bitter pill to swallow for a while. For what it's worth (not much, I'd imagine), I still feel like their first fight was Anderson's to lose, and he found a way to do just that. I think he could've won, and I don't feel that he was outclassed so much as he was trying to play his game too hard. Maybe it was because he really didn't think he could win any other way, or maybe he was simply too full of himself and thought Chris was "beneath him", being just 9-0 at the time. But whatever the case, I can't call it a fluke anymore. Just a sore spot.

The Chris does have Andersons number. That being said, a prime Anderson can put any man’s lights out. I think that in his prime he would wax Whitaker, Rockhold and any other mw not named Weidman or Romero. He could beat several lhws as well.

I question myself a lot because of his roid past. But i believe that roids can get you so far, that shit doesnt give you a chin, heart, reflexes, precise punches, killer clinch, etc. You could tell that trtor was a monsta because the guy looked like a fuckin mutant as well, but Anderson was a skinny fat guy. Im torn on whether roids helped a lot or not and if he actually took them all the time.

That being said, him and Jones are off my goats list forever, as much as it hurts me.

Don't forget slow Travis Lutter took Anderson down at will, over and over, getting into full mount or whatever position he wanted. Made it look easy.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Here's Weidman taking down Anderson in similar fashion as Lutter.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Even having said that. Anderson finds ways to win, and I could see him winning a bunch if they fought 100 times.

True and anyone that says otherwise is a preteen nuthugger retard

Back