True or False: It's the perfect time for Diaz/McGregor III.

Funny thing is that there's a huge contingent around here that will argue Diaz sucks and McGregor sucks and both are irrelevant. But the same people will then be outraged and accuse the UFC of being of a joke if this fight is made. Even though it's just a fight between two supposedly, irrelevant, sucky fighters.

Conor has beaten the lw champion and has not lost since, he is more champion than khabib who has not beaten a single champion to get the belt.

In all fairness, I think the ONLY thing that makes this fight intriguing is if it's for a title. I mean, a third fight at any point will have interest and make some money, but a simple rubber match doesn't hold much intrigue at all, as there are no real stakes involved anymore.

It's the "perfect time" for McGregor to defend his belt... OH WAIT :D

Thing is Conor is a champ that never defends, he's hurt the marketability of his divisions by taking title fights and then leaving them to look like paper champs at best while he vacations and boxes. He needs to fight the guys people have wanted to see get a shot for years. Diaz has fought twice against anyone not named Conor since 2014.

In all fairness, I think the ONLY thing that makes this fight intriguing is if it's for a title. I mean, a third fight at any point will have interest and make some money, but a simple rubber match doesn't hold much intrigue at all, as there are no real stakes involved anymore.
There weren't any stakes to begin with since it was at WW. I do wonder how it would be handled if Conor lost again though, does that expose him or do people ignore it again?

of course most people would care about lineal champs you mong.
what are the two best and biggest fights to make in boxing atm and why ?
aj vs wilder to unify the division
aj vs fury to unify the champ vs lineal champ.

dont be a retard.

Lol wow you're dumb. Wilder vs AJ is a meaningful fight because it's champ (active) vs champ (active)

No one cares about AJ vs Fury from the sense of 'lineal belt holder,' they care about it because Fury was a good fighter and people wanna see a good matchup.

I shouldn't say "no one" because there are a few mouth breathers who really care about the "lineal champ" thing, but you people don't matter.

Lol wow you're dumb. Wilder vs AJ is a meaningful fight because it's champ (active) vs champ (active)

No one cares about AJ vs Fury from the sense of 'lineal belt holder,' they care about it because Fury was a good fighter and people wanna see a good matchup.

I shouldn't say "no one" because there are a few mouth breathers who really care about the "lineal champ" thing, but you people don't matter.

woah
you know nothing about boxing LOL
fury wasnt regarded as a good boxer until he beat klitch and his fights are very very far from exciting.

i worry for your health, dont you people usually die young ?

Yes, lets be honest. Conor is not going to fight Khabib no matter how much sense it makes, it's just not gonna happen. And Nate also isn't going to fight anyone except Conor. He knows every other good LW or WW will beat him and hurt his chances of a rubber match with Conor.

Conor has beaten the lw champion and has not lost since, he is more champion than khabib who has not beaten a single champion to get the belt.

He didn't lose the title BECAUSE he didn't defend it. That's the whole reason he was stripped of the championship and he is no longer the champion because of his own (in)actions.

woah
you know nothing about boxing LOL
fury wasnt regarded as a good boxer until he beat klitch and his fights are very very far from exciting.

i worry for your health, dont you people usually die young ?

Fury isn't regarded as a good boxer? Let me guess, he only wins cause he's big, right? And here you are talking about boxing knowledge LMAO

<Dany07>

Only a fool would think an undefeated former world champ isn't a good boxer, and you'd have to be an even bigger fool to feel there is some unresolved issue with the title status because this not-very-good boxer was stripped for refusing to fight and someone else won the title.

There would still be very high stakes involved. If Conor loses to Nate again his marketability will plummet like Rousey's did when she lost for the second time. No more high profile boxing matches to see a guy who can't beat a UFC gatekeeper and he would probably have to fight a contender fight just to get another title shot.

so nate would get stoned, conor wins and demands a title shot ?

yeah, fuck that trilogy fight

Fury isn't regarded as a good boxer? Let me guess, he only wins cause he's big, right? And here you are talking about boxing knowledge LMAO

<Dany07>

Only a fool would think an undefeated former world champ isn't a good boxer, and you'd have to be an even bigger fool to feel there is some unresolved issue with the title status because this not-very-good boxer was stripped for refusing to fight and someone else won the title.

1) its widely recognised that the hw division had been very very weak for a long number of years, still is tbf but they are at least of the same competitive skill level so it makes for a good division.
tfurys best win was chisora, are you now saying that chisora is a world beater ???

he didnt vacate for refusing to fight, he vacated the ibf cos they wanted him to fight 2 weeks after winning and the other belts cos of a ban due to cocaine.

look, ima leave this convo cos i see youre gonna keep trying to insist that lineal means nothing and tfury is the modern day Ali and quite simply, i havent got time to try and educate retards.

You're so mad at him that even now, that he doesn't have a title so doesn't have title related obligations, you want him to be forced to fight contenders...

Person wants #1 contender to fight top contenders

What a dick, nobody else thinks the top guys should fight the top guys other than that guy

Yup. Khabib and tony aren’t going to fight in the summer

If the winner goes on to face khabib then I'm all in.

The trilogy makes sense financially which seems to be all the ufc care about and would be a great indicator of Conors current popularity.

1) its widely recognised that the hw division had been very very weak for a long number of years, still is tbf but they are at least of the same competitive skill level so it makes for a good division.
tfurys best win was chisora, are you now saying that chisora is a world beater ???

he didnt vacate for refusing to fight, he vacated the ibf cos they wanted him to fight 2 weeks after winning and the other belts cos of a ban due to cocaine.

look, ima leave this convo cos i see youre gonna keep trying to insist that lineal means nothing and tfury is the modern day Ali and quite simply, i havent got time to try and educate retards.

1. Heavyweight boxing is the most exciting it's been in YEARS right now, there's more big name heavyweight boxers than there are in any other weight class.

2. Nobody thought Fury wasn't a good boxer other than you apparently, you're right in that his stock went up from the Klitschko fight but that's a no brainer.

Back