Justin Trudeau lobbying hard for a Canadian seat on the UN Security Council

Im ignorant on this topic but what else needs to be done to help these people?

Honestly we're (Canadian Federal Government) only 2 generations away from more or less intentionally sabotaging their communities, and that's damage done with good intentions.

Even if nothing good can be done, we're still dealing with the fallout from those actions, and there hasn't been anoufg hands-off time for the damage to heal.

Yes Justin, this is what's really important...

How fucking out of touch is this guy?
Typical douchebag response. These people have been getting the shitty end of the stick for ever. Every government in my lifetime pledged to help them and fucked them over instead. He's the first one to seems to actually be trying to make their lives better. Have you ever heard of anyone having TB in your lifetime that wasn't on skid row? Among some indigenous people there is an epidemic. That's just one example among many.

I think Justin is looking for a father figure like Trump tbh. I think it'd do him wonders to be around Donald T for awhile. I bet DT would take him under his wing and make him a proper man. It'd be great.
Trump isn't fit to wash Trudeau's socks.

Typical douchebag response. These people have been getting the shitty end of the stick for ever. Every government in my lifetime pledged to help them and fucked them over instead. He's the first one to seems to actually be trying to make their lives better. Have you ever heard of anyone having TB in your lifetime that wasn't on skid row? Among some indigenous people there is an epidemic. That's just one example among many.

My point was with regard to the UN. It's not an issue which requires the worlds action. There are a huge number of actual issues these folks need to deal with.

Trump isn't fit to wash Trudeau's socks.

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

That's hilarious. This motherfucker is paying terrorists millions, and you're sucking his nuts.

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

My point was with regard to the UN. It's not an issue which requires the worlds action. There are a huge number of actual issues these folks need to deal with.

There is in fact an ACTUAL genocide likely occurring right now, with the head of the offending country's government being an honourary Canadian citizen, but surely the UN isn't the place to discuss that. No, Canada is busy angling for a potential spot on the Security Council, which is a big part of why our government talked such a big game about "peacekeeping", a nice, feel good idea that they, in the absolute opposite of shockingly, haven't in any way followed through on, so even if we were asked to do something about that genocide led by an honourary Canadian that isn't important enough to mention, we likely wouldn't.

I don't think the Harper-stink is off the Cons enough for them to win the next election, and Scheer doesn't have the personal draw or the party direction to make it happen against the personal popularity of Trudeau, but this is the biggest-talking total non-stop failure of a government in my lifetime. They have anoufh time from good will to turn it around, but it's just complete failure after failure.

If the situation is anything like America's, nothing can really be done. Assuming they're living on the fringes of society in reserves with shitty land and no industry, what the fuck can they do? Tell them hey move to the city where the jobs are and assimilate into mainstream Canadian culture even though that's the opposite of what you've been trying to do... Best solution would be to shut the fuck up about the problem, because there are no easy solutions and speaking on it will create backlash from either the PC police or the rest of the population who understands gibsmedats isn't going to solve the problem.
Give them better land and more land

This ain't the 1800s where we have a ton of territory up for grabs... plus, useful land is useless without skilled people to exploit it. Such as farming the land or creating a port that is useful for shipping items

I think Justin is looking for a father figure like Trump tbh. I think it'd do him wonders to be around Donald T for awhile. I bet DT would take him under his wing and make him a proper man. It'd be great.

LOL

You mean like this guy?

ds9u9ywle8dz.jpg

LOL at the answers. The government have been throwing millions at them for years. The real problem is that the various consuls of elders are hogging the money for themselves.

LOL at the answers. The government have been throwing millions at them for years. The real problem is that the various consuls of elders are hogging the money for themselves.

That is always the risk, that a little cottage industry of guilt tripping for money sprouts up, and then it becomes more about extracting money rather than fixing problems.

Fixing problems actually becomes a conflict of interest because then the money would dry up.

15 000W virtue signal sent!!

While an important issue, why in the flying eff is this being brought up in a setting focused on global matters?

That's why!

Last edited:
There is in fact an ACTUAL genocide likely occurring right now, with the head of the offending country's government being an honourary Canadian citizen, but surely the UN isn't the place to discuss that. No, Canada is busy angling for a potential spot on the Security Council, which is a big part of why our government talked such a big game about "peacekeeping", a nice, feel good idea that they, in the absolute opposite of shockingly, haven't in any way followed through on, so even if we were asked to do something about that genocide led by an honourary Canadian that isn't important enough to mention, we likely wouldn't.

I don't think the Harper-stink is off the Cons enough for them to win the next election, and Scheer doesn't have the personal draw or the party direction to make it happen against the personal popularity of Trudeau, but this is the biggest-talking total non-stop failure of a government in my lifetime. They have anoufh time from good will to turn it around, but it's just complete failure after failure.
You're even thicker than the average WR poster, it seems, right up there with @bobgeese . In this post, you clearly lay out the context in which Trudeau pledged to do something about the plight of people indigenous to Canada and then somehow totally miss the point, like several of the knobs above did. Too bad your lot are allergic to context.

He brought up that more effort needs to be made in the hope of encouraging other countries to do the same.

Honestly I think what he really wants is a job for himself at the UN after he's out of office. Personally I think that would be a good job for him, being an ambassador or some shit. Not PM.

Honestly I think what he really wants is a job for himself at the UN after he's out of office. Personally I think that would be a good job for him, being an ambassador or some shit. Not PM.

It's either that or a marketing gig at Revlon or Vidal Sassoon

...those are Canadian citizens and they deserve to be looked after...

Im ignorant on this topic but what else needs to be done to help these people?

Throw some money at them maybe...
There is a reason why it has persisted as a problem, because it is very complex.

If the situation is anything like America's, nothing can really be done. ...
Typical douchebag response. These people have been getting the shitty end of the stick for ever. Every government in my lifetime pledged to help them and fucked them over instead. ...

The situation is very complex but the biggest problem is that so many are blind to the driving factor behind it.

Between 1995 and 2013 Canada Aboriginal Affairs department had spent $115Billion on various aboriginal issues and programs. (cite).

That is an enormous amount of money that could have made every indigenous independently wealthy but instead in many cases was sucked up and abused by tribal leaders, their families and whole slew of inter gov't agencies all wanted their hunk of the cheese.

And that is the problem. People THINK that these agencies and people delivering the money actually want to fix the problem which would result in the money being turned off and no more flowing. THEY DO NOT. And THEY WILL NOT.

This is an industry and like all industries they want to grow the budget and secure it for the future. You do that by exasperating the problem.

I have had the chance to meet with many bands and their chiefs over the years who are managing multi hundred million dollar budgets and looking for "investments" outside the reserves. This while life on those same reserves is complete shit.

It is because it is shit they can appeal to those like Trudeau to 'give us more... just look at how bad things are'.

I am one of the first to say how badly the indigenous have been fucked in this nation. But what people do not understand is WHO is fucking them and why throwing any new money will not help and will only make the problem worse.

Back