TRT is destroying Vitor's Legacy

Of course it mattered when he lost, why wouldn't it?

If anything, it makes Jones' and Silva's wins more impressive.

It did not matter to anyone when he lost that I saw..
Suddenly he strings a few wins together and all anyone cares about is TRT..

TRT has done nothing for Mir and Griffin. Point being, Vitor is a beast either way

What?

Mir and Griffin weren't helped by TRT?

You don't know what you're talking about.

Honestly, I think the general public would be okay if fighters aged 35 or older get licensed to start TRT to prolong their careers.

It's not hurting anyone since they would have retired anyway, and it'll help keep fighters like Fedor/Anderson/GSP/etc. around longer for the younger generation to enjoy.

Every other age bracket should be 100% illegal.

Honestly, I think the general public would be okay if fighters aged 35 or older get licensed to start TRT to prolong their careers.

It's not hurting anyone since they would have retired anyway, and it'll help keep fighters like Fedor/Anderson/GSP/etc. around longer for the younger generation to enjoy.

Every other age bracket should be 100% illegal.

B.S the older guys already have advantages. They don't need any more. No the general public wouldn't be ok with it since TRT is banned in nearly every other sport.

The Athletic commissions allow it... he's doing nothing against the rules at the moment. If the MMA World and athletic commissions want to get serious then they should either ban the usage of TRT all together, or come up with a way of monitoring its usage.

As it stands, no matter where he fights, he's doing nothing wrong.

I have to agree with this

doc166113545_183737195

It did not matter to anyone when he lost that I saw..
Suddenly he strings a few wins together and all anyone cares about is TRT..

I get your point.....

people should have been raving about it when he lost as well. I guess it's harder to compliment his opponents for beating him on TRT than it is to talk about the unfair advantage he had when he won.

Vitor destroyed his own legacy by testing positive for steroids. *

Okay but he passed his drug test for that fight.. If he passes this one as well, he is doing nothing wrong. One can make assumptions but by the letter of the law Vitor is in the right.

That is not the issue (at least from the press). The issue is: can Vitor get a license to fight in the U.S.

It is clear he can legally fight in Brazil on TRT. It is unclear if he would be allowed to do so in the U.S.

Hasn't he pissed hot twice? I'm not sure his "legacy" is in jeopardy here.

Shit, he was 234+ lbs when he was 19-20....his legacy started with juice and will end with TRT.

All said, he has always been one of my favorite fighters.

He was only 220 lbs when he fought heavyweight when he was 19-20.

Yea you're right.. but chael Hendo mir and others can get a pass. Just not vitor

TRT is allowing Vitor to further his legacy. He has always been a beast and a damn good fighter. I'm glad we get to see him continue to fight.

I feel like people want Vitor to retire or stop TRT when he is doing nothing wrong. He passes all his post fight drug tests yet people are telling him he is cheating, that is not fair..

You're right, he's not doing anything wrong. But I do think it should be wrong. I mean, if your natural body stops making you quick, then you are going to be slow, and so you will likely get beaten more in your fights. And that's how it should be. I think if you need TRT to fight, then you shouldnt fight, otherwise fight without TRT. Just let the natural progression of your body show whether or not you can fight.

But he's never looked as "fake" physically as he looks now.

What's funny, is if his physique looked the same as when he fought Anderson the first time he would probably get MUCH less attention. But his muscles just look like he's on something.

Early in his career ( heavyweight) it was obvious too not that I care war vitor !!!

Yea you're right.. but chael Hendo mir and others can get a pass. Just not vitor

Hendo/Mir never tested positive for steroids.
Chael doesn't get a pass he was over the limit 17:1
Vitor is a proven steroid user.

Let's just say that his "second breed" in mma will always be shadowed by TRT.

But I don't think it is "destroying" his legacy, guy is a living legend.. If anything, failing a drug test could have destroyed his legacy.

The Athletic commissions allow it... he's doing nothing against the rules at the moment. If the MMA World and athletic commissions want to get serious then they should either ban the usage of TRT all together, or come up with a way of monitoring its usage.

As it stands, no matter where he fights, he's doing nothing wrong.

From what I understand,h e can only fight in Brazil because no other AC has sanctioned it.

Belfort tarnished his legacy long ago with his suspension for high testosterone levels. Now he's making himself the buffoon of the MMA community by shamelessly using testosterone enhancers on one side and giving all credits to God on the other.

If he would openly talk about it the way Hendo does he would get far less crap for it. And the fact that he looked the way he did at 19 and that he's pissed hot before don't help him either.

LOL really cuz all I've seen is Vitor go 5-2 since he returned to UFC and 9-2 since he left PRIDE plus he pissed hot numerous times. Your Fav' fighter is more than likely on the juice homie.

If you've been involved in pro sports... you would appreciate the ubiquity of PEDs. I see it every day.

And if you're talking about a karate black belt, I don't give a shit. I'm talking about contemporary martial arts (a la MMA, wrestling is another good example). If you train with pro fighters or wrestlers, again, you would be forced to agree that PEDs are ubiquitous.

50%!? Try 85%+.

I know because I've seen it every day since Undergrad sports. I'm 34 years old. I still train and I still see it all the time. In the weight room and at the MMA gym. If you were/are there, you'd see it too.

The people who flip their lid over this stuff are generally people who don't know because they've never been in the sports world.

So what about all the UFC fighters (pro athletes) who say it shouldnt be used? Are you saying that they don't konw what they are talking about? Brian Stann even said that he's trained with people before being on TRT and after being on TRT, and he said the strength and speed was clear. Maybe my complaint is worthless to you, but he's a pro (as are many others) and they have a problem with it.

Back