TRT is destroying Vitor's Legacy

No I don't think so, do you think he learned those kicks from taking TRT? this is not the matrix.

If certain fighters did not bitch and moan about this would any of us even be discussing it? Do we even know how long he has been on TRT? Did it matter when Silva and Jones wrecked him? Does it only matter when he wins?

Even if he didn't win it would matter. But no one likes kicking someone when they're down. Then it would just be sad.

In this case, I actually couldn't get excited for Vitor's KO of Rockhold knowing he might have been juicing his way to a spectacular win. Who knows, this whole TRT thing gives me a bad feeling inside.

well, anyone can learn the kick. the use of TRT will make it better.

If certain fighters did not bitch and moan about this would any of us even be discussing it? Do we even know how long he has been on TRT? Did it matter when Silva and Jones wrecked him? Does it only matter when he wins?

Right. I don't care win or lose Vitor is a beast.

if trt using fighters who win fights are looked down upon, that must mean trt using fighters who lose fights REALLY SUCK.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you've never competed in anything at a high level (i.e. varsity athletics), never spent a significant amount of time in a gym, and never trained any modern combat sports.

People whining about TRT drives me insane... because the vast majority of the time, it's armchair coaches, rakes, or former fat kids who don't have a sweet clue what they are talking about. Virtually all athletes use something that is on a banned substance list somewhere.

I couldn't give a rats ass is a fighter elects to "legalize" his or her use of performance enhancing substances, because guess what, virtually all of them are using something.

Have you seen the list of fighters that have been popped for PEDs? It's a mile long. And that is only the tip of the iceberg. Do we discredit every fight every one of those fighters have had since getting busted?

Welcome sir, to professional athletics.

Well you're suggesting wrong. I have been in professional athletics like you've named, and I was a black belt in martial arts as well. I believe in a level ground for ALL competitive games/sports, and it doesnt matter if 50% of the fighters are on something, that means 50% AREN'T on something. And for them it's unfair.

The thinking is all licenses are disclosed after the event. So the first time he had TRT allowance was Bisping fight as per UFC disclosing it.

Even if he didn't win it would matter. But no one likes kicking someone when they're down. Then it would just be sad.

In this case, I actually couldn't get excited for Vitor's KO of Rockhold knowing he might have been juicing his way to a spectacular win. Who knows, this whole TRT thing gives me a bad feeling inside.

I feel like people want Vitor to retire or stop TRT when he is doing nothing wrong. He passes all his post fight drug tests yet people are telling him he is cheating, that is not fair..

If he doesnt care, why should anyone else.

TRT has done nothing for Mir and Griffin. Point being, Vitor is a beast either way

Vitor being on TRT means nothing to me if it is for a legitimate medical issue.

Him having pissed hot TWICE is the reason his legacy has a couple footnotes for me.

No I don't think so, do you think he learned those kicks from taking TRT? this is not the matrix.

He obviously already knew those kicks. He showcases them all the time during preview video clips. But it takes the drive to be able to pull off fast, hard kicks like that at that age. Do you think Vitor is honestly as fast and strong as he was when he was 19-25? I won't go further into it. I give Vitor his props for the win, however.

well, anyone can learn the kick. the use of TRT will make it better.

Any one can learn that kick? Sure but try having the skill to actually land it during a fight

The Athletic commissions allow it... he's doing nothing against the rules at the moment. If the MMA World and athletic commissions want to get serious then they should either ban the usage of TRT all together, or come up with a way of monitoring its usage.

As it stands, no matter where he fights, he's doing nothing wrong.

I understand that part... but if there's NOTHING wrong with it, then why does he avoid the subject like the plague? And why did he avoid answering about it when first asked? I believe the reason is because he knew how the media and fans would look at him. Again, not a matter of him not following the rules (though the rules arent defined as they should be yet for TRT), it's just a matter of his legacy.

Of course it mattered when he lost, why wouldn't it?

If anything, it makes Jones' and Silva's wins more impressive.

Well you're suggesting wrong. I have been in professional athletics like you've named, and I was a black belt in martial arts as well. I believe in a level ground for ALL competitive games/sports, and it doesnt matter if 50% of the fighters are on something, that means 50% AREN'T on something. And for them it's unfair.

If you've been involved in pro sports... you would appreciate the ubiquity of PEDs. I see it every day.

And if you're talking about a karate black belt, I don't give a shit. I'm talking about contemporary martial arts (a la MMA, wrestling is another good example). If you train with pro fighters or wrestlers, again, you would be forced to agree that PEDs are ubiquitous.

50%!? Try 85%+.

I know because I've seen it every day since Undergrad sports. I'm 34 years old. I still train and I still see it all the time. In the weight room and at the MMA gym. If you were/are there, you'd see it too.

The people who flip their lid over this stuff are generally people who don't know because they've never been in the sports world.

The thinking is all licenses are disclosed after the event. So the first time he had TRT allowance was Bisping fight as per UFC disclosing it.

Okay but he passed his drug test for that fight.. If he passes this one as well, he is doing nothing wrong. One can make assumptions but by the letter of the law Vitor is in the right.

Back