Trouble waking up after frequent, intense training

Ullyxes

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
In recent months, I've started putting a lot more time and effort in at the gym and I've signed up for MMA classes. Obviously, I feel much more worn out than usual as a result.

My question to those who have done frequent, intense training sessions is: did you have trouble getting up in the morning unless you get a lot of sleep? I used to be able to get by on 2-4 hours if I needed to (life of a working student) but now, I think I'd sleep through the Rapture if it meant getting 8 hours of rest. If so, did you stop feeling so worn out after your body adapted to the new levels of activity?

I'm wondering whether this is a common thing or if I just need to suck it up and drink an extra cup of coffee in the morning.

Man, no way am I doing anything meaningful on 2-4 hours sleep.

You're training harder. Your body needs more recovery. That's pretty normal. The concerns would be more if training harder was causing restless or broken sleep or something else along those lines.

If I don't get 7hrs I'm in trouble, yeah sleep is more important when you're training harder.

Your body needs to recover and I think more sleep is the best way to do that. Also, make sure your nutrition is up to par. That will help a lot actually.

If you don't sleep, you're not going to recover. If competing in MMA is important to you, you'll have to prioritize recovery, including sleep.

There may be a counterpoint here, but generally one doesn't do shit atheltically on 2-4 hours of sleep.

No idea how you only have 2-4 hours to sleep even if you are working and in school.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post.

I don't always get 2-4 hours of sleep, I usually get 7-8. But sometimes I get busy at both work and school so I have to stay up late to get everything done on time. I used to be able to do this no problem once or twice a week, but now I get so exhausted that I just sleep through my alarms, which is obviously not good.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I just have to manage my time better and prioritize my recovery more.

Back