Trophy Hunting - What Do U Think About?

Yeah, but have you ever seen a hunter that would not take the shot?
Like they can just go along with there buddy have all the benefits minus the kill shot.
That would never happen.
I don't hunt but do go shooting once in a while with people who do. So yeah, I get the benefits without pulling the trigger in that scenario. Not everyone is the same.

You seem to have this weird need to paint hunters as folks who get their jollies from killing. Were you friends with Bambis dad or something?

Yeah, if it thats miserable you could just do something else. Like go to work and buy the meat after with the extra money you earn.
Is it also illegal to buy the meat after the animal has been processed?
But of course, there would be one thing missing that is the killing.
I'd rather get the meat myself cause I save money that way for other shit... like paying off my student loans.

The only people meat processors will give wild game to is the person that brought it in cause it's illegal for them to sell it. It's why they require you to set a time when you'll pick it up so it won't spoil.

And as I have said already which you very obviously ignored, domesticated elk and deer don't taste like wild elk or deer and there's a ton of issues with these elk and deer farms out there causing problems among the wild population.

You seem to have this real issue with actually having a discussion on this that doesn't end with you thinking you're right that hunters enjoy killing things when that is wholly not the case. It may seem that way but that's cause they enjoy getting to eat what they harvested. You essentially sound like someone that thought the steak just magically appeared at your grocery store and didn't understand something had to die in order for you to eat the steak.

You seem to have this real issue with actually having a discussion on this that doesn't end with you thinking you're right that hunters enjoy killing things when that is wholly not the case. It may seem that way but that's cause they enjoy getting to eat what they harvested. You essentially sound like someone that thought the steak just magically appeared at your grocery store and didn't understand something had to die in order for you to eat the steak.

I can have a discussion. The act of killing is just such a dominating factor in hunting.
That I can't imagine someone doing it if they don't enjoy it.
I do understand how meat gets processed. I would just not do that as a hobby.

I don't hunt but do go shooting once in a while with people who do. So yeah, I get the benefits without pulling the trigger in that scenario. Not everyone is the same.

You seem to have this weird need to paint hunters as folks who get their jollies from killing. Were you friends with Bambis dad or something?

No, I just don't understand how someone can get pleasure out of killing an animal.
And I can't imagine someone going hunting if they don't enjoy it. Because they could be doing something else with their time.

I can have a discussion. The act of killing is just such a dominating factor in hunting.
That I can't imagine someone doing it if they don't enjoy it.
I do understand how meat gets processed. I would just not do that as a hobby.
The actual killing of the animal is a miniscule part of hunting. The glassing for the animal, tracking it, waiting for it to turn in a way so you could ethically shoot it, quartering it out/harvesting it, packing it out, and processing the meat are the main parts of what "hunting" is.

The shot... it's like a 1 second thing and if you do it the proper way you only have to pull the trigger once.

The pleasure, again, doesn't come from the act of killing. The pleasure comes when you don't have a giant meat bill and you get to eat the wild game you worked your ass off to get later.

The actual killing of the animal is a miniscule part of hunting. The glassing for the animal, tracking it, waiting for it to turn in a way so you could ethically shoot it, quartering it out/harvesting it, packing it out, and processing the meat are the main parts of what "hunting" is.

But all of that just leads to the kill. It would have no meaning without the kill. Even if the actual shot just takes a second.
While you are doing that all your senses are focused on the kill. You wouldn't be doing it if you don't have the kill.
Like with other activities that take a long time of preparations and the end result just takes one second.
The reason why you are doing it is the enjoyment of the kill. Like you don't track the animal because you like tracking animals.

I still think that if the meat would be the only reason why someone does it. You would be able to get the same quality meat at a cheaper or around the same price.
But that wouldn't include the pleasure of the hunt and killing.
Like when you say the pleasure is working your ass to get it. That goes back to my above point all of the work is done to kill the animal. That is the only goal of the hunt.
If you would put the same amount of time into trying to get the same meat otherwise you could do that also.

The reason why you are doing it is the enjoyment of the kill.
No, it isn't.

snakedafunky said:
I still think that if the meat would be the only reason why someone does it. You would be able to get the same quality meat at a cheaper or around the same price.
But that wouldn't include the pleasure of the hunt and killing.
To the top bit... wrong. An instate elk tag is around $100-$150 and you can get 400-500 lbs of meat from that one animal if you are lucky. That plus say the single bullet, two if you didn't get a kill shot on your first shot is about $3 total.

You mean to tell me I can get 500lbs of meat for just $150? I spent close to $300 for 50lbs of ground beef from a local dude that raises beef so you're full of shit on that.

To the top bit... wrong. An instate elk tag is around $100-$150 and you can get 400-500 lbs of meat from that one animal if you are lucky. That plus say the single bullet, two if you didn't get a kill shot on your first shot is about $3 total.

You mean to tell me I can get 500lbs of meat for just $150? I spent close to $300 for 50lbs of ground beef from a local dude that raises beef so you're full of shit on that.

You have to consider the time also. How much time do you spend on a hunt?
That must be a few hours. Plus processing the meat that must be a few hours.
I am not sure how many hours you can put on that? I guess it depends on a few factors.
But that time could be spent working and you would have money to buy the meat.

But of course, they wouldn't make any sense because you like hunting more than working.
And of course, that gets a bit theoretical. I just don't think people go hunting solely for food but because they like it.

No, it isn't.

What % of hunters do you think engage in illegal or unethical hunting practices? I grew up in a rural county and it didn't seem that uncommon. I didn't hunt at school, but had friends who grew up nearby and they had similar stuff.

What % of hunters do you think engage in illegal or unethical hunting practices? I grew up in a rural county and it didn't seem that uncommon. I didn't hunt at school, but had friends who grew up nearby and they had similar stuff.
I think that depends where you live. Where I live in WA and where friends of mine live in Utah and Montana they don't see much in the way of unethical hunting other than the rare poacher that's out there going after just antlers.

I think there was a big change maybe 10 years ago when hunters basically had a sit down with Fish and Game (or whatever is a comparable group in your state) about what can be done and WHY fish and game was implementing say tag limits and such.

Like just in my state, we had two very VERY small elk herds... think about 50 animals per herd 10 years ago. The state turned the elk tags from a "only so many could be bought" to a lottery system with even less tags.

The herds have now expanded to a pretty crazy degree that now we have two MASSIVE herds and a new third one that is around 150 animals.

Also, what's considered unethical or illegal in Alaska is NOT in WA. Alaska if you fly into an area to hunt you have to wait until the next day to hunt. WA there is no such law. Alaskan bear hunting you are required to remove all the meat and then go BACK to the kill site to get the pelt. WA there is no such law.

You have to consider the time also. How much time do you spend on a hunt?
That must be a few hours. Plus processing the meat that must be a few hours.
I am not sure how many hours you can put on that? I guess it depends on a few factors.
But that time could be spent working and you would have money to buy the meat.

But of course, they wouldn't make any sense because you like hunting more than working.
And of course, that gets a bit theoretical. I just don't think people go hunting solely for food but because they like it.
A duck hunt is a morning thing, mostly cause you're sitting freezing in a duck blind until you tag out or get bored because the ducks aren't flying. Literally you can go on a duck hunt on the weekend and still have one day to do other shit.

I work 5 days a week. I don't take time off to go hunting so even deer season I have literally ONE weekend basically to go rifle hunting for black tail unless I want to take some time off to go for mule deer which are bigger in Eastern WA or travel to Utah and pay out of state fees for elk hunting as an example.

IF I AM LUCKY, I can get 6 months of meat in a weekend if I get a big enough black tail or mule deer. So actually don't miss any work and my work I routinely get 1-2 hours OT on each check so I wouldn't be missing out on a ton of cash. The biggest risk is me coming home sick with like pneumonia or some shit if I didn't plan ahead and bring warm or waterproof clothing.

Stupidity of the highest order which, in my experience, serves as an ego-booster and bonding activity to insecure social status seekers.

It should be outlawed.

I dislike it, not enough to start screeching autistically, but enough to say I don’t like it.

I don't think it's that hard to figure out what people are saying. If trophy hunting is the byproduct of hunting for food, then even if I find the celebration of killing an animal off-putting, I'm not going to get very upset because the animal ends up dead regardless but went to use.

If the animal is killed purely for sport or purely to collect a trophy, that's shitty. That's really all there is to it.

A lot of people who do his eat the animal. I have read the africans who go as guides often eat the meat while the white tourist Hunter may not and cares more for the trophy.

In regards to hunting things like mountain lions:

Having these cats on your property is like having a poacher 24 seven 365 that kills one deer a week

So just imagine at one point I had seven different lions on my property

A regular lion needs 60 deer or deer size animals a year that means that if they cannot kill a deer it will kill whatever biomass accounts for a deer

A female cougar with kittens need 60 to 100 deer or deer sized animals

Then if you factor in other predators/scavengers stealing their kills and spoilage during summer months they kill a lot more

This is why I personally don't have a huge problem with predator hunts still occurring.

I wonder if anyone bashing trophy hunting has ever actually hunted and killed an animal. Hunting is just human nature and trophy hunting is a beautiful thing that can show our hold over nature. We rose up and thrived in this planet and trophy hunting is a way to celebrate our success. I look at it like abortion. If you don’t agree with it then don’t participate in it.

u talk like a nazi about jews.

Nah, mate that is just what you are trying to tell yourself because you know its strange to take pleasure out of killing another living being.
Hunting is killing. If not you can just track the animal without killing it. Killing is certainly the motivation of hunting.
I mean a lot of parts of sex are fun. But those are not my main motivation. Same thing with hunting it is about the shot that is the most fun.
You could just buy the meat if it were about that. But it's not because only tracking the animal and purchase meat after would leave out the killing.

Yes I eat meat. I actually worked a summer job in a slaughter house. Nothing wrong with killing animals.
I just don't understand how you can take pleasure out of it.
I didn't go in on my days off to kill a few more cows because I enjoyed it so much. It is not something I would choose as a hobby.
Dude as someone who worked at a slaughter house, you should be the first to realize that hunting is about the hunt, not the kill. If it was only about the kill, it would be much easier to...you know...work at a slaughter house.

why-do-i-hunt-because-i-like-shooting-and-food-so-i-found-an-activity-where-i-shoot-at-food.jpg

Back