Trophy Hunting - What Do U Think About?

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
“God says we have dominion over the animals. That means we can do what we choose with them. It is my divine right to shoot this Elephant" Philip Glass - Trophy Hunter

Do you agree? Wich god says go punish animals because u are the king race of the earth?

DUGF8dsW0Agw39e.jpg

Philip Glass death portfolio:

lion-1-1-gif.152143

nc-composite-hunters.jpg

dead-giraffe.jpg

Last edited:
If the trophy comes off an animal that the hunter is going to eat, and the animal was shot for food and not for being exotic, I find it irksome but not worth getting upset over. The other kind pisses me off and rustles my jimmies.

Don't like it. Don't think it's particularly masculine (unless you're doing it to feed your family). And that dude's quote highlights the sort of arrogance that, if there were a God, He'd be ashamed that we hadn't risen above it.
Body parts as trophies is backwards and primitive. Especially when you didn't do anything all that impressive.
Kill a bear in hand-to-hand combat, then fine, mount its head on your wall. Other than that, you're just outing yourself as a weird fetishist with delusions of grandeur.

If you are going to kill and support killing for food but be against trophy hunting (so long as the animals not in danger) and all the meat and stuff is used then what you is saying is that some animals lives are more important than others.

Disgusting ...

Killing shit for the sake of killing shit is appalling .

For food is one thing, ...for trophies and bragging rights....i can't get behind that sick shit

in the wild the animals have 50 percent to survive/escape or to die by a predator. scientists found out. the predator has always a risk to die himself when he cant get the prey several times. the predator doesnt have any advantage in a hunt at all its 50/50 from the nature. it depends more on the experience of the animals how they can handle the hunt.

a trophy hunter doesnt have this risk and he doesnt want this risk, he wants it easy and shoot from the save area.

its like when nazis shooting jews without giving them wepons to make it 50/50 - the same way of showing narzism torwards the death.

Last edited:
It's for shitsucking jackass pussyboys.

However, those shitsucking jackass pussyboys are also creating a real asset for countries that can't afford to take a moral stand. Sadism in this case is more profitable and effective than the losing battle against poaching. It's a tongue-biter. Useful and justified for a limited time only.

The world would be better off if the people who engage in endangered and apex predator hunting were thrown naked off a cliff into the sea in the dead of winter.

is it okay to trophy hunt a dog or cow? hey it can be done or do people only care when it is a exotic animal?

leave it up local policy unless the cost of bad local policy extends to other areas/ earth as a whole.

i think the people who draw ire from hunting are romanticizing nature.

nature is dead cold neutral in the sense that if you were starving the hyena is going to have zero fucks to give as it eats you from the asshole forward.

those elephants were bound to get their assholes eaten. and the humans came along for good shot placement and capital to extend the procreation of the species.

i think the people who draw ire from hunting are romanticizing nature.

nature is dead cold neutral in the sense that if you were starving the hyena is going to have zero fucks to give as it eats you from the asshole forward.

those elephants were bound to get their assholes eaten. and the humans came along for good shot placement and capital to extend the procreation of the species.

We as humans do not live in the state of nature.

Objectively that elephant or lion due to it's scarcity and fragility in the face of human encroachment is objectively more valuable in my estimation than the fat turd who owns Jimmy Johns. I'd much rather see someone posing with his fetid corpse. After all, he was bound for the grave anyway.

No problem with hunting for food.

I put Trophy hunting on the same level as dog fighting. Both senseless and sadistic.

Kill for food. Taxiderm if you want, i dont.
Kill for trophy....fuck outta here.

- long time hunter and trapper

We as humans do not live in the state of nature.

Objectively that elephant or lion due to it's scarcity and fragility in the face of human encroachment is objectively more valuable in my estimation than the fat turd who owns Jimmy Johns. I'd much rather see someone posing with his fetid corpse. After all, he was bound for the grave anyway.
I'll cite a jordan peterson reference that the lobes in your brain responsible for determining your social status are shared with the lobster and go back 300 million years.

humans are most definitely a part of nature. farm fields left to their own accord will decay through soil infertility, animal plagues ect.

every aspect of human life requires labor and cooperation to combat the natural forces of entropy.

the grocery stores have 3 days worth of storage, the semis on the road have X days worth of food supply.

hospitals are a fine line between a saving grace and an irreversable bacterial infection.

our daily lives in western society have a tendancy to remove us from the reminders of nature, but western society is still founded upon nature with the efforts of previous generations.

the day we forget or dont appreciate the efforts of previous generations is the day western society begins to decay imo.

our daily lives in western society have a tendancy to remove us from the reminders of nature, but western society is still founded upon nature with the efforts of previous generations.

the day we forget or dont appreciate the efforts of previous generations is the day western society begins to decay imo.

The natural world we inherit is part of the legacy of our ancestors. One of the most important. They are here because they were preserved for us and we have a responsibility to preserve them for future generations.

I don't care about hunting prey animals for food, or hunting invasive species for any reason but hunting endangered, threatened animals or apex predators whose populations are fragile simply because the ecosystem can only support a small population of them is one of the major indicators of being a sociopathic cunt.

I concur with the idea that if you're doing it for actually feeding your family or part of some population control initiative then it's cool. Just killing random animals to brag about isn't cool to me.

Unless you're doing it with a spear and knife...then I'll support you testing yourself.

However, those shitsucking jackass pussyboys are also creating a real asset for countries that can't afford to take a moral stand. Sadism in this case is more profitable and effective than the losing battle against poaching. It's a tongue-biter. Useful and justified for a limited time only.
I'm not terribly convinced by this explanation.

Some countries do a good job of managing it and bringing hunters in for cash flow. But most of those wellmanaged countries have been increasingly shifting to non-hunting tourism (often while still maintaining some areas for hunters).

So a lot of those hunting trips, especially for exotics, happen in countries that have serious corruption problems. Those countries don't do much for conservation. The hunting doesn't help prevent poaching. The money doesn't go towards locals. Frequently, most of the money doesn't even go towards the government, except a tithe to corrupt officials.

Google tells me that one of the places Glass does a lot of hunting in is Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe's elephant population has dropped. Almost none of the money spent by trophy hunters in Zimbabwe goes towards preventing poaching or the local population (excepting some bribes). Most is paid to hunting guides, who are rarely local themselves. This should not be surprising, given Zimbabwe's problems with corruption.

By comparison, although Botswana does allow trophy hunting, it does not allow it for elephants. Yet Botswana still manages to fend off poachers better than most other African countries, and is one of the few with a growing elephant population. (It's actually boomed sufficiently that they're starting to be overpopulated in some areas.).

If you don't want to take my word for it, here's natgeo's, noting similar issues across a broader range of countries.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com...ng-elephants-tusks-poaching-zimbabwe-namibia/

Disclaimer: some friends of mine have studied or are working in the field and I've "safaried" in a number of the relevant countries with them.

I am ambivalent towards trophy hunting.

If the country wants the hunting, if the species is not endangered, and if the hunter wants to pay for the hunt with money that will help the local community?

I can not protest.

"It is mean, violent, and sad that a hunter would kill an animal!"

Dying of "natural causes" in nature usually means a much, much more painful and savage demise, and one that is just as meaningless to the animal either way.

Back