Trius: I can beat NFL players in a bar fight

two things

1) Despite being big guys on average theres still quite a large range of sizes between NFL players, so it largely depends on who it is.

2) DJ can certainly take on the smaller guys but, if Sapp vs Nog taught us anything is that you can't consistently walk through a guy who has 100+ pounds on you. That said, DJ can probably pull off something like an Iminari roll if the terrain allows for it.

So, in conclusion. Can DJ beat NFL players? Probably, but he'd be an idiot for trying.

JJ Watt could literally shot put Mighty Mouse out of the bar whenever he felt like it. Let's not get crazy here. He's more than twice his size and a much freakier athlete.
JJ Watt is 3 x bigger than a cougar but he would get rekt. If you dont train MMA or bjj, you are gonna get tapped. And even if the NFL player trained, there are still levels to this:

That's a real fight.
Mind u, he was getting rocked by punches inside and got hit by the 2x4 eventually. He had plenty of time to end the fight inside and outside before him and the other mma fighter were ko'd
He punched by a guy he wasn't looking at. Jesus. You act as if that wouldn't impact a boxer. The fight inside ended with everyone gone but him. Then they're outside and he gets hit with a fuckin 2x4.

It's pathetic to act as if they were kod when they were hit with weapons by a gang of people and brutalized. Does that video make you smile?

Size matters, a 135lb man isn't doing much of anything to a 300lb man.

And Maiquel Falcao lost a fight to some pot heads outside a gas station.
MM loses.

Didn't Falcao nearly kill some dude outside a gas station? Or was this another altercation I don't know about?

Brazilian gas stations are a dangerous place, it seems.

Of course he could beat some. Many people on sherdog could beat some. NFL has some skilled tough guys along with some skilled wusses.

Grant-a-wish-kids-touchdown-gets-denied.gif

Agree.

Roger Huerta beat the shit out of an NFL player who was double his size in a street fight. I would expect Johnson to do the same.

Bro, i the video of that shit and i was like...well...i cant say im surprised.
It was weird looking as fuck cuz the dude was HUGE.
I dont think he was NFL but a big ass College Lineman.

Bottom line, id have to go with MM.

Didn't Falcao nearly kill some dude outside a gas station? Or was this another altercation I don't know about?

Brazilian gas stations are a dangerous place, it seems.
He nearly got killed. They have it on youtube

MMA GOAT Trius Johnson said he can beat an NFL fighter in a bar fight.

Agree or Disagree.

Agree, highly trained fighter of any size >big untrained guy

Size matters, a 135lb man isn't doing much of anything to a 300lb man.
RNC. If you can climb up their back and stick like glue, a 12 year old girl could submit a linebacker if he doesn't know how to defend a choke.

He nearly got killed. They have it on youtube

That was definitely a brutal beatdown but in no way does that have any bearing on how MM would do against a NFL player on the street in a one-on-one fair fight. Granted, with all the variables that go into fighting on the street it's rare you'll get that but that's the theoretical argument I'm making here. Perfect world, MM fights JJ Watt one-on-one with no interference and they fight until one man gives in. That man would be JJ. Or Odell. Or Leveon. Or any other football player you can name.

On the subject of the Falcao beating, Falcao was outnumbered 4-to1, cheapshotted, still brewed up one of his attackers in the gas station, and took it outside where he only went out when he got lamped from behind by a 2x4. The soccer kicks that got delivered about 20 seconds after everything died down were hilarious in a grim sort of way. The fact that Falcao was wearing his own shirt is just plain hilarious.

Last edited:
His head is right at dick and ball level. He could bite, chop, punch them in groin 10 times before they got a punch off.

DJ is one of the fastest moving humans on the planet.

RNC. If you can climb up their back and stick like glue, a 12 year old girl could submit a linebacker if he doesn't know how to defend a choke.
Bar fights dont have rules.

A 135lb man if willing to fight dirty has a number of options vs a 300lb man.

Skills can obviously overcome quite significant size differences but people confuse this with automatically does. There is a cut off point, especially when someone isn't just huge, but also a tremendous athlete. But I swear some people think grappling is like having super powers where size, strength, human biology and the laws of physics don't apply. I'm sure there are guys on here who think WMMA fighters could beat up NFL players.

:D
Skills can obviously overcome quite significant size differences but people confuse this with automatically does. There is a cut off point, especially when someone isn't just huge, but also a tremendous athlete. But I swear some people think grappling is like having super powers where size, strength, human biology and the laws of physics don't apply. I'm sure there are guys on here who think WMMA fighters could beat up NFL players.
Well in my experience of bar fights (I have been in one), alcohol is often involved. If you are sober and your opponent is drunk you have a huge advantage. I am 5 foot 5 medium build. My opponent was a 6 foot tall fat guy who grabbed my ass twice. All I had to do was push him over (no fancy takedown needed for drunk guy, terrible balance). High mount with right knee on his left elbow and my left hand pinning his right wrist, then elbows to the face. He didn't get one shot off. Alcohol, not a performance enhancing drug :D

Back