Triple G Team at it again " I don't think Jacobs will take the fight , 75-25 for Jacobs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem all these "troll" accounts are independent. Another blow to the forum elite. I expect unjustified bans to be the next step.

It would seem all these "troll" accounts are independent. Another blow to the forum elite. I expect unjustified bans to be the next step.

It would seem you're one of the trolls. You don't need to be a moderator to connect the dots or to check IP Addresses which are easily changed. I'd rather fingerprint your devices and compare them. Their current message board software allows for you to take advantage of it. Canvas element fingerprinting is a favorite of mine. Proxies, VPNs and TOR won't hide you. ;)

Give it a spin, trolls

http://ipleak.com/full-report

Canvas element fingerprinting is a favorite of mine. Proxies, VPNs and TOR

I don't know what any of that means.

Anyways, go read post #1226. RR basically says he knows where the supposed alts are coming from. Just send him a PM and he'll tell you.

It would seem you're one of the trolls. You don't need to be a moderator to connect the dots or to check IP Addresses which are easily changed. I'd rather fingerprint your devices and compare them. Their current message board software allows for you to take advantage of it. Canvas element fingerprinting is a favorite of mine. Proxies, VPNs and TOR won't hide you. ;)

Give it a spin, trolls

http://ipleak.com/full-report

They will if you're using different devices. But how many alts have that kind of discipline?

Anyway, who done it dude?

I don't know what any of that means.

Anyways, go read post #1226. RR basically says he knows where the supposed alts are coming from. Just send him a PM and he'll tell you.

Maybe he does. He doesn't seem overly bothered by trolls. I don't need him to send me a PM to know. When trolls post they leave behind personally identifiable information, whether they know it or not. I'd say over 90% of all trolls regardless of where they come from or post at aren't even aware of the extent of this. The website that I linked is just a demonstration of what can be collected and cross-referenced to identify these troll accounts with an extremely high degree of accuracy in most cases. You don't need to be a mod or admin to make use of many of these methods.

If the trolling continues I'll be giving a demonstration and I can do it without breaking any forum rules.

Last edited:
They will if you're using different devices. But how many alts have that kind of discipline?

Anyway, who done it dude?

Sometimes not even then. For instance, with a WebRTC leak, if their LAN IP is set as the non-default within their NAT router (assuming they're using one in this case) then suddenly they're identifiable. You can simply analyze their message content through linguistics and so on but that isn't taking advantage of the technology at our disposal today.

Not to mention how easily TOR nodes, most VPNs and most proxies can be detected. If you connect to IRC the first thing they do is check for this on their networks by connecting back to you to check for WinGates, bouncers and CGI proxies that are blacklisted in their databases.

These trolls likely aren't smart enough to change their DNS servers, either. Another leak that can be leveraged. Or they do, they just forgot that if the primary DNS server is "unavailable" then the secondary and tertiary DNS servers set in their router and/or network adapter's TCP/IP properties will be tried and in that order regardless of their device's operating system.

Last edited:
Sometimes not even then. For instance, with a WebRTC leak, if their LAN IP is set as the non-default within their NAT router (assuming they're using one in this case) then suddenly they're identifiable. You can simply analyze their message content through linguistics and so on but that isn't taking advantage of the technology at our disposal today.
True. But most people don't change their setting and local ranges don't need to be unique anyway.

However all in all, I'd say it would be enough evidence if you could fingerprint the hardware. However, it's not impossible to usurp.

True. But most people don't change their setting and local ranges don't need to be unique anyway.

However all in all, I'd say it would be enough evidence if you could fingerprint the hardware. However, it's not impossible to usurp.

They're oblivious to this stuff the majority of the time. It's rare that one isn't. Even then, just a single mistake and they're left saying to themselves one word... "Fuck!"

For their sake I really hope that they're smart enough to be using major public DNS services like Google's and OpenDNS. Good luck to them on the rest. As I'm typing this message my browser's blocked a dozen trackers, one for analytics, two for social media (Facebook Connect & Twitter Button) and nine for third party advertising. The kind of advertising that hijacks your browser's location and redirects you to a site where you're then delivered a drive-by download. I'm sure all of you guys have experienced this numerous times reading these forums and posting.

Let's say that somehow I do know who it is. If I did out them then they'll just deny it. Then it becomes their word against mine. I could've tampered with the data I may have already collected, after all. Even I can't be trusted. I also haven't been here long enough to have earned much trust, if any. One thing is for sure though. If this board's mods had access to the set of APIs that the site I linked to has in full, these particular trolls wouldn't be around. The average life expectancy of a troll isn't long, it's quite short. You'd have to be one hell of a talented one to stick around and have all of your bases covered each and every time you log in and post.

I just wouldn't waste my time trolling a cool mod like RR. He's laid back and lets them vent. I wouldn't have a motive. Anyone that's ever questioned RR's connection to Jacobs should immediately become a suspect. Their post history is there for anyone to view. So much of this is honestly just common sense, you don't need to be a private investigator or uber detective like Sherlock Holmes to solve this mystery. This whole thing is coordinated. RR knows who these guys are, I have little doubt. He'd know better than anyone (leaving leaks out of it) based on those who have doubted him in the past. They'd have been smart to keep it to themselves so when it did come time to troll, they wouldn't be suspects. It's a little too late for that now.

Last edited:
Let's say that somehow I do know who it is. If I did out them then they'll just deny it. Then it becomes their word against mine. I could've tampered with the data I may have already collected, after all. Even I can't be trusted. I also haven't been here long enough to have earned much trust, if any. One thing is for sure though. If this board's mods had access to the set of APIs that the site I linked to has in full, these particular trolls wouldn't be around. The average life expectancy of a troll isn't long, it's quite short. You'd have to be one hell of a talented one to stick around and have all of your bases covered each and every time you log in and post.

How is it your word against theirs with all of the evidence?

PM their names if you actually have an idea. I've tried PMing others but I haven't heard anything yet, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. When people are saying "the truth is stranger than fiction" and "you'll enjoy knowing what's going on", I tend to think I'll enjoy knowing what's going on. And I like enjoyment.

Evidence can be tampered with. It's not like I can digitally sign the content and have it signed off on by a "trusted" third party to absolutely guarantee its authenticity. TLS/SSL is the thing these days, it's soon to be a requirement for the web, yet Certificate Authorities (CAs) are also required to revoke previously issued certs in certain circumstances and to keep a revocation list along with the clients (browsers and operating systems) and servers that use these certificates to authenticate and encrypt their traffic. This process is flawed and always will be. To be issued a certificate you must be vetted first, a background check, all of that, by the issuer. But everything in InfoSec and real life requires some form of a trust-based relationship, even if you have the hard data to back your claims. There will always be a margin of error due to this established chain of trust.

All this info is going way over my head lol. I just want to know what's happened with the talks between Golovkin's team and Jacob's. Did things fall through or is there just a little delay?

PM their names if you actually have an idea. I've tried PMing others but I haven't heard anything yet, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. When people are saying "the truth is stranger than fiction" and "you'll enjoy knowing what's going on", I tend to think I'll enjoy knowing what's going on. And I like enjoyment.

PUO3 already caught one of them and banned him. This is a very small group of members with some alt accounts that they're using to troll the thread. He and RR make the executive decisions here and they're not based on anything I may have or could have the ability to harvest in terms of leaked data; spilled local and environment variables, entity tag data and other personally identifiable info.

Let's say that every one of them is banned. What then? They regroup, come back, and the process repeats. The bans need to be thorough and the concept of fingerprinting is not something mods have access to in their CP. They would need these respective APIs to expose that functionality for them to use in an official capacity. Not something that a person that's only been here since May could independently give them. It's considered overkill and that's why it isn't in BBS software control panels in the first place. If trolling ever becomes a massive problem in their forums, or select forums, then these extra measures should be added imo.

I love how all I have to do is start the engine and then you drive the car around the track for me.

Lol at what this thread turned into.

Internet gonna internet.

129-0112070345-stupid-kids.jpg

PUO3 already caught one of them and banned him. This is a very small group of members with some alt accounts that they're using to troll the thread. He and RR make the executive decisions here and they're not based on anything I may have or could have the ability to harvest in terms of leaked data; spilled local and environment variables, entity tag data and other personally identifiable info.

Let's say that every one of them is banned. What then? They regroup, come back, and the process repeats. The bans need to be thorough and the concept of fingerprinting is not something mods have access to in their CP. They would need these respective APIs to expose that functionality for them to use in an official capacity. Not something that a person that's only been here since May could independently give them. It's considered overkill and that's why it isn't in BBS software control panels in the first place. If trolling ever becomes a massive problem in their forums, or select forums, then these extra measures should be added imo.
there are no trolls, you idiot, except for RR ... he was the only one trolling, pretending he had inside info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back