Trinidad vs Cotto?

Tito walks down Cotto til he brakes him. If Sweet Pea couldnt run from Tito all night no way Cotto gets away from him.And if yall aint seen the fight in awhile, watch and see how FAST Tito's Jab was in that fight. He would cut Cotto face up.

I think it'd look like Pac vs Tony. A little more competitive, maybe. I thought Pac vs Tony was pretty good though.

Now, Tony vs Tito. That would be a battle.

Hard to see Margarito not getting battered. It would be a war for awhile, but Tito was too devastating an offensive fighter at 47 and 54 to have no defense against. He could walk through Mosley's work all night, and he wouldn't be able to walk through Trinidad's, either.

Hard to see Margarito not getting battered. It would be a war for awhile, but Tito was too devastating an offensive fighter at 47 and 54 to have no defense against. He could walk through Mosley's work all night, and he wouldn't be able to walk through Trinidad's, either.
Meh. I never saw raw power get it done vs Tony. Shane had speed, Tito didn't. Tony absorbed the best shots from both Pac and Cotto, I see no evidence that Tito's punch gets it done.

Meh. I never saw raw power get it done vs Tony. Shane had speed, Tito didn't. Tony absorbed the best shots from both Pac and Cotto, I see no evidence that Tito's punch gets it done.
Marg would have been too big, durable, and mean for Tito imo. Mosley and Pac were special fighters, and Cotto had to box and move like crazy to get a stoppage when Marg wanted to keep going on. Tito would be punched out and getting walked down before long.

Tito was clearly a better puncher than both Pac and Cotto and could match Margarito for size and stamina. It's tough to see how Margarito would get the better of it.

Tito, more power and Cotto is too small for him. Can't walk him down and put him on the ropes. Tito only had trouble against guys with speed or bigger guys like Hopkins and Roy.

Tito, more power and Cotto is too small for him. Can't walk him down and put him on the ropes. Tito only had trouble against guys with speed or bigger guys like Hopkins and Roy.
Oscar outboxed him. Cotto would too and would do more to win the decision.

I may stand with a minority in here, but I have a feeling the cautious, technical Cotto who used the jab and lateral movement against Mosley and Canelo causes Tito all kinds of trouble.

I'm with you. Not sure I would make Cotto favourite, but he is a great boxer/puncher with underrated defence skills.

Guys, if young Vargas can get to Trinidad, then certainly Cotto can. If Trinidad isn't punching Cotto in the balls, it is a very close fight. Vargas and Cotto have similar styles, and I feel Cotto is a level above Vargas at least.

Tito was an offensive monster, but his defense sucked, and his chin is questionable as well. Cotto is a great finisher, and if he were to hurt Tito, he would finished him.

That being said, I think I favor Trinidad 60/40 or 55/45. Closer than some are thinking.

Btw, both Tito and Margarito have hand wrap question marks. Although Margarito is more questionable

I don't think Cotto was better than the Vargas that fought Tito. It's a shame Tito punched Vargas in the balls so many times, I think Vargas would have gotten the finish if Tito didn't punch him in the balls evertime he got rocked.

Vargas was never the same after that fight though.

I don't think Cotto was better than the Vargas that fought Tito. It's a shame Tito punched Vargas in the balls so many times, I think Vargas would have gotten the finish if Tito didn't punch him in the balls evertime he got rocked.

Vargas was never the same after that fight though.
Oof..... i dunno about that. And i like Vargas actually

Oof..... i dunno about that. And i like Vargas actually

Vargas was a beast back then and IMO if Tito didn't punch him in the balls everytime he got rocked he probably would have won.

I know Vargas got him once in the balls in retaliation but he didn't do it to save himself from being knocked down like Tito did multiple times.

Vargas was never the same after that fight and there has been a long history of people claiming Tito cheats by having his hands wrapped differently(not saying it's true or not but a lot of people in the boxing community have brought this up so I don't think it's coming out of nowhere).

Vargas was a beast back then and IMO if Tito didn't punch him in the balls everytime he got rocked he probably would have won.

I know Vargas got him once in the balls in retaliation but he didn't do it to save himself from being knocked down like Tito did multiple times.
Maybe...

But what did he do better then Cotto exactly?

I tend to think cotto beats tito actually...Tito was a great fighter but could be outboxed and made to look sorta stupid tbh....

Seriously what oscar did to him those first 9 rounds was bordeline embarrassing for a top fighter. I think Cotto could do his own version of that, although probably not as clear cut

Maybe...

I tend to think cotto beats tito actually...Tito was a great fighter but could be outboxed and made to look sorta stupid tbh....

Seriously what oscar did to him those first 9 rounds was bordeline embarrassing for a top fighter. I think Cotto could do his own version of that, although probably not as clear cut

I thought he hit harder than Cotto and was a better infighter.

Watch Vargas in the Tito fight and before and watch him after, he's not the same fighter.

I thought he hit harder than Cotto and was a better infighter.

Watch Vargas in the Tito fight and before and watch him after, he's not the same fighter.
Yeah. I am not sure. Maybe he hit a little harder? Dunno about the inside stuff. Cotto was pretty good inside.

But yes that fight took a lot out of vargas

Yeah. I am not sure. Maybe he hit a little harder? Dunno about the inside stuff. Cotto was pretty good inside.

But yes that fight took a lot out of vargas

I don't think one is much better than the other, I just think Vargas before Tito was a bit better.

I don't think one is much better than the other, I just think Vargas before Tito was a bit better.
He was good but was always sort of a limited slugger, as I recall.

He was good but was always sort of a limited slugger, as I recall.

He was good, but I feel he was very prone to losing his composure, which often times makes or breaks a fighter. Kovalev comes to mind, among many others.

Cotto is the exact opposite, someone who was always able to maintain his composure and keep doing what he needed to do to be effective. Granted, against some opponents, even that wasn't enough.

edit: and I do think Cotto was just a notch or two more technically skilled than Vargas

Maybe...

He was bigger, more rugged, and probably a better puncher. Cotto was more skilled (Vargas was more skilled than he gets credit for in retrospect, though) but not necessarily better suited to beating Trinidad. Cotto would have plenty of success against Trinidad early, but he always struggled to keep up his pace over 12 rounds, and Tito's pressure, jab, and punching power would wear him down.

Back