Trifecta of opioids, alcohol and suicide are blamed for the drop in U.S. life expectancy

This is why white rural America voted for Trump. You have people in New York City telling them that they are full of white privilege while white people are dying off. People only turn to drugs, drink and suicide when things are not going well. Yes every time you turn on the tv you hear about white privilage. Notice you never hear about how boys are not going to college anymore. I personally believe the petite bourgeois that laughs at rural America is secretly pleased this is happening and that this is some sort of pay back for ancestral wrongs.

"

What ancestral wrongs did the ancestors of the rural white folk do to people living in the Cities? Many white folk in cities and suburbs are from rural areas. Even many white euro immigrant families come from rural areas back in Europe. Lots of Irish, and Italians are from farms back in the old country.

Trifecta of opioids, alcohol and suicide are blamed for the drop in U.S. life expectancy

This is why white rural America voted for Trump. You have people in New York City telling them that they are full of white privilege

Am I reading this right? Is this a joke thread?

Correct. Who are the politicians that duped them? Free trade open border elitists from both parties. And when a guy comes along that talks like them and says "what do you have to lose"? They all said good point.

First off if they believe a billionaire who was born with a silver spoon up his ass and who made a career out of screwing over middle class workers was the guy they should vote for bolsters my point of them being dumb and easily duped.

Also I would think you’d vote for the people who gave these folks more affordable HC even though they demonize the People who gave them that.

Isn't it more likely that the racial stuff is manufactured conflict, to keep division in place to enable the status quo that creates those suicide rates, opioid epidemic, and alcoholism?

Do those things only effect white people?

No?

Hmmm, wonder why they have us talking about white priviledge, instead of shared interests........

It wasnt that long ago, urban folk were facing the drug epidemic, plus poverty, and the crime that comes along with it

First off if they believe a billionaire who was born with a silver spoon up his ass and who made a career out of screwing over middle class workers was the guy they should vote for bolsters my point of them being dumb and easily duped.

Also I would think you’d vote for the people who gave these folks more affordable HC even though they demonize the People who gave them that.

Is he not actually doing exactly what he said he was going to do?
And even if they were duped that is more a factor of being desperate. Black inner city Americans have been getting fleeced for years by crooked politicians you would not call them dumb would you?

Is he not actually doing exactly what he said he was going to do?
And even if they were duped that is more a factor of being desperate. Black inner city Americans have been getting fleeced for years by crooked politicians you would not call them dumb would you?

Well he said he was going to really help these people. I don’t see that happening though.

Last summer they tried crushing HC and people from all sides came out to local town halls in large numbers to protest.

So I’m not sure what you’re getting st here Alan

Why are rural folk more miserable than city folk?

Rural folk have cheaper cost of living, access to fresh organic food, rivers, streams, fresh air, college football, shooting sports.

I live in NYC and its literally like this

TS also thinks War Machine is a victim of feminism, and is a lawyer from California (who somehow has his finger on the pulse of rural America.) Take him with a salt block.

A lawyer from California who's pinned the problems of the country on New Yorker's picking on white rural americans.

Sounds like someone worth listening to!

th

TS also thinks War Machine is a victim of feminism, and is a lawyer from California (who somehow has his finger on the pulse of rural America.) Take him with a salt block.

When my family first came here from Vietnam they settled in Indiana where my mother met my father. He followed her when the family moved to San Diego prior to my birth. While I am from San Diego I do occasionally visit my white relatives in Indiana so I believe I have a good pulse on the people in the heartland.

When my family first came here from Vietnam they settled in Indiana where my mother met my father. He followed her when the family moved to San Diego prior to my birth. While I am from San Diego I do occasionally visit my white relatives in Indiana so I believe I have a good pulse on the people in the heartland.

And what experiences are you drawing from when you pin the blame on New Yorkers?

So, let me get his right... white rural Americans:
1) Get scammed by politicians who exploit their cultural resentments to get into office and then take away their economic rights
2) Turn to a form of religiosity that is inadequate to cope with their impoverished reality in a psychologically healthy way
3) Lead terribly unhealthy lives, abusing their bodies with the food they eat, the tobacco they smoke, and the pills they pop, and letting their minds wither with their anti-intellect ethos
4) Then, out of answers, they drink and drug themselves to death...

.... and whose fault is all of this?

Educated liberals, of course.
This is ludicrous. Religion provides structure and order for people to build prosperous lives on. It doesn't work out for many, and many others still have bad interpretations and it's not a positive in their life. But in large part it acts as a scaffolding for individuals to build their lives. It also powers their drives by adding meaning to their lives

Your Indiana vacations aside, judging from what you have said in this thread, you don’t have a clue.

No I am saying east coast liberal what I term the petit bourgeoisie use all the resources to pay for stuff they want like Affirmative action programs and global warming initiatives. All the while white rural people get left behind. So they are now mad and supporting Trump.

Right, thats where the government cheese is going, not the military and the bloated healthcare programs that they refuse to reform.

So in order to fight back, vote for the party that will cut taxes for the rich.

I don’t recall Trump running on saving white people from suicide, heroin, and beer.

Most retarded thread title to OP transition I think I’ve ever almost got through reading.

Isn't it more likely that the racial stuff is manufactured conflict, to keep division in place to enable the status quo that creates those suicide rates, opioid epidemic, and alcoholism?

Do those things only effect white people?

No?

Hmmm, wonder why they have us talking about white priviledge, instead of shared interests........
Kind of like when they race-baited with #BLM & Colin Kaepernick throughout the campaign?

Damn, it's a good thing we have strong liberal leaders like Bernie to shut that shit down rather than pander to it in a desperate attempt to exploit it for his own personal political gain, amirite?

Most retarded thread title to OP transition I think I’ve ever almost got through reading.

I don't know alan so I honestly thought after reading that, that he was a dem/lib and it was a joke playing off the common "this is why we voted for Trump" OP's.

I don't know alan so I honestly thought after reading that, that he was a dem/lib and it was a joke playing off the common "this is why we voted for Trump" OP's.
No he’s a very conservative poster; but this thread isn’t typical of his posting that I can recall.

They've had more access to affordable healthcare for the past 8 years and still the suicide / opioid rates increased -- Alan has a point that no party gave them real hope for revival of blue collar jobs, but one party did pander to that.

Back