Tried Weed for the 1st time...it sucks

It's very common when doing any drugs that the first time won't be as effective, one of the first five does tend to set the high bar though so give another few tries and you get your socks blown off if you are in fact doing it right

It's so weird to me so many people report not getting high their first few tries. I wonder how that even works in the body.

If you want to have a positive experience with it I'd suggest trying again TS.

it could be that people aren't taking in enough of the smoke. maybe a natural reflex of the smoke going into the lungs, and people not keeping it in long enough? who knows.

First time was in 8th grade.
Did it out of a pop can.
My 3rd hit around I breathed out my nose as I was bringing the can up and blew the weed off the can.
Went over to a couch and laid down.
That was it.

2nd time was in 11th grade.
That time I got high.

4 of us drove through Taco Bell and got 5 things each. I ate all 5 before anyone ate their 2nd item.

I got high off weed maybe 7-8 times in my life. Never got the munchies for some reason.
The thing I want to do most when high is sleep. Once I was high off edibles and I ate something just to see what it's like and I was like "meh."
The last time was off opium which also just made me want to sleep. Food didn't even enter my mind.

On E food tasted like nothing. Didn't even want to eat.
On shrooms food didn't enter my mind as well. I had some ice cream which was crap but that was probably because it really was crap. My sober friend said it tasted bad too.

On alcohol it's a different story. When I'm drunk everything tastes so good.

Hmmm, if cannabis isn’t working may I suggest you try injecting heroin instead.

Different strokes for different folks.

You’re supposed to bouff it

it could be that people aren't taking in enough of the smoke. maybe a natural reflex of the smoke going into the lungs, and people not keeping it in long enough? who knows.
Yeah that would make sense for a lot of cases. It's not uncommon at all for people to say it did nothing their first time. I want to say it may just be that the body doesn't quite know how to react the first time but that may be nonsense. If he ate a few edibles and then smoked a joint, even if it was schwag, it should have obliterated him.

Some people have the opposite experience and the first time is overwhelming but it's better after that. I used to get munchies like crazy and always fall asleep and then that went away after a few months without it, so it can affect even the same person differently.

I came to the realization recently that weed is in a lot of ways a more potent drug than psilocybin. I'm a proponent of both when used responsibly. If a person who hasn't smoked in months takes 4 or 5 hits of some 25% thc shrub they almost certainly have negative effects. If someone who hasn't taken shrooms in months takes a gram or less they are affects less negatively... of course these are generalizations and not always true due to many variables but i have recently done exactly what i've mentioned and those are the results i've experienced...

The first couple times it dont usually get you high for some reason. But then you are gonna get floored.

I got high off weed maybe 7-8 times in my life. Never got the munchies for some reason.
The thing I want to do most when high is sleep. Once I was high off edibles and I ate something just to see what it's like and I was like "meh."
The last time was off opium which also just made me want to sleep. Food didn't even enter my mind.

On E food tasted like nothing. Didn't even want to eat.
On shrooms food didn't enter my mind as well. I had some ice cream which was crap but that was probably because it really was crap. My sober friend said it tasted bad too.

On alcohol it's a different story. When I'm drunk everything tastes so good.
Only tried E like 3 times.
Feels good, see why people love it, but I'm just not a drug guy
But the first time I did it I kept asking my friends how will I know when I feel it.
Was at a Taco Bell at the college. Was eating a burrito, when a wave came over me, and then I was feeling the table going "I think I feel it mannnnnn"
Tried to take another bite, and food just was nothing. No appetite to drink or eat anything.
Cigarettes were amazing though.

Nit trolling.
The pills I ate the checkout girl said was low level for beginners (1/3 strength), which is why I got them. The joints were mid level 2/3.

Both were Indica. I was real pumoed because I thought I'd d have a new cheap outlet of relaxation, but it fucking sucked.

are you on some medications that might negate the effects of the weed you smoked?

Effexor and Wellburtin (anti depressants), but shoukd only mean MDMA or Ecstacy woukd have little ro no effect. No interest in trying either.

Last edited:
The TS
729c6c9a4029e36bf54c53e7aced4b2a--troll-dolls-stupid-guys.jpg

I bought some legal weed crom the weed stores we got in Canada.
I bought pills and pre rolled joined.

First I tried one pill. Nothing. Tried teo. Nothing. Poped 4. Smoked the first joint and waited 20 mins. Smoked the second. Finally I got a bug smile for like 20 seconds and laughed for another 10. My face 5ingled for maybe 2 minutes after that. Is that what all these weed fuss is about? It sucked. I smelled like shit after too.

Fuck weed.

They say it gets better with use, but I tried it a few times when I was a younger man and never liked it. Regular use can also be a motivation killer. I think it is garbage too. I wouldn't try it again even if it were legal.

I bought some legal weed crom the weed stores we got in Canada.
I bought pills and pre rolled joined.

First I tried one pill. Nothing. Tried teo. Nothing. Poped 4. Smoked the first joint and waited 20 mins. Smoked the second. Finally I got a bug smile for like 20 seconds and laughed for another 10. My face 5ingled for maybe 2 minutes after that. Is that what all these weed fuss is about? It sucked. I smelled like shit after too.

Fuck weed.
Was the same for me. Bought my first ever weed a few weeks ago and it didn't do shit. I need to find some shady dealer and inject liquid weed directly into my veins or some shit

It's so weird to me so many people report not getting high their first few tries. I wonder how that even works in the body.

If you want to have a positive experience with it I'd suggest trying again TS.

It took me 2-3 attempts for me to get high for the first time, the THC has to accumulate on your fat for it to have an effect on you. Don't give up just yet, try it again.

Last edited:
Only tried E like 3 times.
Feels good, see why people love it, but I'm just not a drug guy
But the first time I did it I kept asking my friends how will I know when I feel it.
Was at a Taco Bell at the college. Was eating a burrito, when a wave came over me, and then I was feeling the table going "I think I feel it mannnnnn"
Tried to take another bite, and food just was nothing. No appetite to drink or eat anything.
Cigarettes were amazing though.

Effexor and Wellburtin (anti depressants), but shoukd only mean MDMA or Ecstacy woukd have little ro no effect. No interest in trying either.
I'm not much of a drug guy either but..
E is fucking amazing!
<BirdieOwn><{1-69}>
I can't see myself doing it often but if it was accessible I'd do it once in awhile.

I smoked it for a couple months when I was 16. Aside from panic disorder and a year of therapy it didn't really do much for me.

None of that happened lol.

On a side note: One time weed killed my whole family, my friends and then burned my house down. Pots - not even once!

Back