triangle vs eye gouges (vid analysis)...

BJJ_Rage

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

I Dont know if this is ok to post, but I just found this..

whats interesting about this vid is these 2 guys they are going all out, dirty shit and stuff..

Dude on top trying to eye gouge the guy on bottom, as is expected, triangle>dirty shit. If the guy in the triangle woudlve been albe to bite the dude, he probably wouldve done it (this assumptions comes from him trying to eye gouge the triangle dude).

Whats stopping him from doing it is his arm, which is across, its quite important to remember to remember new guys in the gym what the arm across is for. ITs important for them to understand that while is not necesary for the choke, a) makes it easier to lock the triangle b) it could be the difference between you putting to sleep some asshole, and you getting violent bitten out of desperation.

Good thing the triangle dude was a nice dude,he couldve really fucked that due up...

If its not ok, please mods take the thread down.

Last edited:

I Dont know if this is ok to post, but I just found this..

whats interesting about this vid is these 2 guys they are going all out, dirty shit and stuff..

Dude on top trying to eye gouge the guy on bottom, as is expected, triangle>dirty shit. If the guy in the triangle woudlve been albe to bite the dude, he probably wouldve done it (this assumptions comes from him trying to eye gouge the triangle dude).

Whats stopping him from doing it is his arm, which is across, its quite important to remember to remember new guys in the gym what the arm across is for. ITs important for them to understand that while is not necesary for the choke, a) makes it easier to lock the triangle b) it could be the difference between you putting to sleep some asshole, and you getting violent bitten out of desperation.

Good thing the triangle dude was a nice dude,he couldve really fucked that due up...

If its not ok, please mods take the thread down.

That was pretty fun seeing the headbutts, lol

I don't think most of us would have the same control as the triangle dude. Kudos to him. Going for eye gouges would just piss me off and would make me inclined to do more nastier things.

That was pretty fun seeing the headbutts, lol

I don't think most of us would have the same control as the triangle dude. Kudos to him. Going for eye gouges would just piss me off and would make me inclined to do more nastier things.

Just rewatched the whole thing and saw the head butts, the dude threw the whole back of dirty tricks...

Just rewatched the whole thing and saw the head butts, the dude threw the whole back of dirty tricks...
Yeah, the only thing missing was fish hooking on a failed eye gouge.

The one thing this video doesn't illustrate that i've seen in most other videos where the guy in worse position tries dirty moves is that usually it's the point in the fight were things get really bad for the dirty fighter. Usually you see a switch get flipped in the "clean" fighter and he starts doing serious damage to the other guy.

Yeah, the only thing missing was fish hooking on a failed eye gouge.

true, gotta remember to flow from technique to technique.

The one thing this video doesn't illustrate that i've seen in most other videos where the guy in worse position tries dirty moves is that usually it's the point in the fight were things get really bad for the dirty fighter. Usually you see a switch get flipped in the "clean" fighter and he starts doing serious damage to the other guy.

true, gotta remember to flow from technique to technique.
For most of us in combat sports 1,2,3,kick is what it is, to those trained in teh streetz its:
headbutt, eye gouge, fish hook, monkey steals peach (aka the John South special)

Turns out eye gouging was a combat sport back in the day.. man you lean something new everyday

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gouging_(fighting_style)

Rough and tumble or gouging was a form of fighting in the back-country United States, primarily in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. It was often characterized by the objective of gouging out an opponent's eye, and typically took place in order to settle disputes. Though gouging was common by the 1730s in southern colonies, the practice was waning by the 1840s, by which time the Bowie knife andrevolver had made frontier disputes more lethal.[1][2] Though it was never an organized sport, participants would sometimes schedule their fights (as one could schedule a duel), and victors were treated as local heroes

Just posted this video in a karate/taekwondo forum to piss off those mcdojo cats that's talking all that mad shit about MMA doesn't work against them because all they gotta do is grab dick and poke eyes. Those delusional traditional martial arts dorks are pretty f***ing retarded.

Just posted this video in a karate/taekwondo forum to piss off those mcdojo cats that's talking all that mad shit about MMA doesn't work against them because all they gotta do is grab dick and poke eyes. Those delusional traditional martial arts dorks are pretty f***ing retarded.

could you pass me the link, shit storm coming there, will enjoy reading ninjas tell what they wouldve done and how bad was this kids eye gouges technique...

We know that good technique + dominant control and position > teh dedly dirty stuffz.

But there's actually a few things we emphasis at our academy on the triangle for untrained opponent's who just want to punch you or gouge you. IE this situation.

Obviously one is walking the shoulders back to avoid the stack and getting a good bite on the neck, but also wiping both arms OUT of the equation after the initial triangle lock up. Then while defending the guys crazy attempts to reach for your face with monkey grips over the biceps, once the guy calms just a bit we will bridge up and pass the arm across to drop it in the pocket.

Even if the gouge won't keep me from choking you out, I'd still rather avoid it and a trip to the eye doctor anyway. Because the only way to make possibly having a scratched cornea worthwhile is if I literally choke you to death. And no one wants jail time over some dumb fight.

We know that good technique + dominant control and position > teh dedly dirty stuffz.

But there's actually a few things we emphasis at our academy on the triangle for untrained opponent's who just want to punch you or gouge you. IE this situation.

Obviously one is walking the shoulders back to avoid the stack and getting a good bite on the neck, but also wiping both arms OUT of the equation after the initial triangle lock up. Then while defending the guys crazy attempts to reach for your face with monkey grips over the biceps, once the guy calms just a bit we will bridge up and pass the arm across to drop it in the pocket.

Even if the gouge won't keep me from choking you out, I'd still rather avoid it and a trip to the eye doctor anyway. Because the only way to make possibly having a scratched cornea worthwhile is if I literally choke you to death. And no one wants jail time over some dumb fight.

yeah, a little bite to the fingers will make him think twice about doing it too... no freaking reason to not do it f the mother fucker is trying to blind your ass..

yeah, a little bite to the fingers will make him think twice about doing it too... no freaking reason to not do it f the mother fucker is trying to blind your ass..
crappy tactic, thats bait so he can fish hook you

crappy tactic, thats bait so he can fish hook you

rather get fish hooked than eye gouged, worst case scenario he makes a hole on your cheek, but hes going to sleep, and you get to keep seeing just fine :D

Then you'd get teh aids!!!! On top of all the broken class and hot lava.

rather get fish hooked than eye gouged, worst case scenario he makes a hole on your cheek, but hes going to sleep, and you get to keep seeing just fine :D

Food for thought though. If you don't kill em with the choke, he just goes on with life with no permanent injury.

But if he were to rip your cheek you'd be walking out with an ER Bill and stitches. Who REALLY won then?

Food for thought though. If you don't kill em with the choke, he just goes on with life with no permanent injury.

But if he were to rip your cheek you'd be walking out with an ER Bill and stitches. Who REALLY won then?

mm... I guess the only option is to go Ivan drago on his ass "if he dies, he dies" :D

mm... I guess the only option is to go Ivan drago on his ass "if he dies, he dies" :D

I like this thread as its something I was thinking about last week.

Last week I was training with some TMA black belt people in a TMA. I've rekindled my interest in it since my bjj training is reduced while my back heals.

Even as a blue belt I was confident I'd choke em all out. But I thinking about how much damage could thier dirty stuff do before I whoop em.

You know what I mean?

I like this thread as its something I was thinking about last week.

Last week I was training with some TMA black belt people in a TMA. I've rekindled my interest in it since my bjj training is reduced while my back heals.

Even as a blue belt I was confident I'd choke em all out. But I thinking about how much damage could thier dirty stuff do before I whoop em.

You know what I mean?
Motorcycle armor should protect you. Its TMA/teh streetz-proof. It won't do you any good with lava though.
New-Professional-Motorcycle-font-b-Body-b-font-Protection-font-b-Motocross-b-font-Racing-Full.jpg

So those fools that does that traditional wing chun bullshit, karate shits, taekwondo shits, kempo shits, that's trying to do those dick grabbing, biting, eye poking, what makes them think legit trained MMA fighters can't do the same shit? DUH! I guarantee they don't do dick grabbing, eye poking, biting, during their "sparring" training. So what makes those dorks thinks they can pull those dirty shits off when their life depends on it? HAHAHAHA!

So those fools that does that traditional wing chun bullshit, karate shits, taekwondo shits, kempo shits, that's trying to do those dick grabbing, biting, eye poking, what makes them think legit trained MMA fighters can't do the same shit? DUH! I guarantee they don't do dick grabbing, eye poking, biting, during their "sparring" training. So what makes those dorks thinks they can pull those dirty shits off when their life depends on it? HAHAHAHA!

They can't, Wiz Cool C will educate you on why.

Back