Trevor Noah: comedy is better now that it's being progressive and not "edgy" like it used to

Because he's a comedian on one of the biggest comedy shows in history with several comedy specials, including an international tour. And because he's amassed a $13 million dollar net worth from the field of comedy, which leads me to believe he knows more about it than you.

@WorldofWarcraft

Can you explain what exactly he said that makes you think he's a piece of shit? He basically just said he's on to newer comedy because the stuff he used to talk about makes him cringe like insulting fat people and degrading women.

Man, all that and the guys still not funny...

Come on, politics aside the dude isn't 1/15 the comedian Stewart was.

Man, all that and the guys still not funny...

Come on, politics aside the dude isn't 1/15 the comedian Stewart was.

I totally agree that Stewart is a better comedian, but he's also 54 years old and did The Daily Show for 16 years with over a decade of professional comedy experience beforehand.

Trevor has only been on the professional comedy circuit for like 7 years total. Trevor still has a long ways to go for sure, but I like him more than some of the more well known comedians out there. Either way, comedy is a subjective art and enough people do find him funny that he's worth more than probably all the posters in this thread combined.

He ruined everyone's favorite political comedy show over here: The Daily Show. It's like Craig Kilborn all over again.

I liked Kilborn. Never liked Finklestein's smugness.

The left was very successful using edgy comedy and pop culture as a whole to shift the culture to more align with their sentiment. Now that the left has largely won the culture war and they own the culture, any shift is a potential threat to their cultural hegemony.

I get the feeling jon Stewart wants to come back and make fun of people like Trevor noah.

Because he's a comedian on one of the biggest comedy shows in history with several comedy specials, including an international tour. And because he's amassed a $13 million dollar net worth from the field of comedy, which leads me to believe he knows more about it than you.

@WorldofWarcraft

Can you explain what exactly he said that makes you think he's a piece of shit? He basically just said he's on to newer comedy because the stuff he used to talk about makes him cringe like insulting fat people and degrading women.

Someone like this who gives a totally candid, humorless answer to a tongue in cheek question is probably the type that tunes in to watch Noah and really likes it, giving the number of chuckles as would be widely considered acceptable at the times when the laugh track gives him his cue.

Last edited:
And Trevor Noah is a shit tier comic so I'll take his opinion on comedy when I start taking a Mormon's opinion on whisky or a Muslim/Jewish person's opinion on bacon.

it does take like extreme, elephantiasis infected balls to constantly talk about race issues in the US....

when you're from S.A., where the president is literally calling for taking back lands (violently and forcefully) from whites that had zero to do w/ Apartheid....

good times

Nobody is tuning in to hear about S.A.

bill-russell-bored-at-game-7.gif

Nobody is tuning in to hear about S.A.

bill-russell-bored-at-game-7.gif
that's fine, but you don't then hire a person from a country that is absurdly racist, to try and persuade another country that it is racist....

Is there something more fragile than a glass house to throw stones into? whatever that is....

that's fine, but you don't then hire a person from a country that is absurdly racist, to try and persuade another country that it is racist....

Is there something more fragile than a glass house to throw stones into? whatever that is....

Agreed. He's both a hypocrite and a money-grubber.

Wait... that dude is supposed to be funny?

All this time I thought Don Lemon was trying to be serious. He's not good at it, but he tries.

On the topic of progressive comedians. Hipster retard Jamie Kilstein's career is in ruins after being accused of emotionally abusing women. His wife left him and he was dropped from some shitty podcast he was doing:

Comedian and lauded male feminist Jamie Kilstein has departed the podcast he co-hosts amid allegations of manipulation and abuse from multiple women.

On Monday morning, liberal independent podcast Citizen Radio and its co-host Allison Kilkenny announced that Kilstein would be leaving the program. Later that day, however, Kilkenny clarified that Kilstein’s departure from the podcast was a result of allegations of him preying upon, manipulating, and emotionally abusing women.

Kilstein, a musician and comedian, has received wide praise for his progressive stances, such as listening to and believing women when they say they’ve been wronged and addressing fellow men as a male feminist. Multiple pieces on why feminism needs male allies from publications like Everyday Feminism, Mic, Slate, and even the Daily Dot used Kilstein as a classic example of male feminist allyship done right.

Since Kilstein’s departure, many other women have come forward online with their stories of his abuse.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/jamie-kilstein-male-feminist-abuser/

He and his shitty new writing staff are the reason I stopped watching the Daily Show. I never really took the show seriously and took it as a comedy show as I should have, but Jon Stewart had a wit, and Noah is going on polemic almost every night.

Dear God,

Please give us back Chester Bennington, and you can have Trevor Noah.

Please?

Someone like this who gives a totally candid, humorless answer to a tongue in cheek question is probably the type that tunes in to watch Noah and really likes it, giving the number of chuckles as would be widely considered acceptable at the times when the laugh track gives him his cue.

I really hate laugh tracks, but I'm pretty sure they don't use them. They probably use cue cards though. I find the Daily Show to be pretty mediocre with Trevor, but he's new so maybe as he gets more comfortable he'll get better. Maybe not. I enjoy the show for what it is, a political comedy show on Comedy Central. When I watch it, it's only because there's no football, hockey, boxing or interesting news on. I don't enjoy too many shows on television anymore.

Also, you should remember Poes Law!

Back