Traveling to UK, looking visit some BJJ schools.

SinkOrSwim

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Ill be in the UK for around 3 weeks (leaving from Australia tomorrow). Ill be with my family, so while I wont be able to train every day, Ill have time to visit a few BJJ schools along the way.
Ill be going to the following locations: Norfolk, York, Windermre, Kendall, Llandudno, Snowdonia, Plymouth and Exeter.
Does anyone have any recommendations for places to train in these areas that would be friendly to visitors?

David Morceago posts here a ton- I would try to drop in at his gym if you get a chance. I don't know the geography of the UK, but if you are going through his area I'd bet it be worth it. And Roger's of course if you are around london...
@Invisible Jiu Jitsu

All a bit far from me, unless you happen to pass through Burton on Trent!

Your best bet for UK guys is to post in the UK BJJ underground group on Facebook

There's definitely bjj in York, Plymouth and Exeter at the very least

Thanks guys. I definitely check out both of those suggestions.

I'm off to university soon and I managed to find a pretty good BJJ school that's about a 20 minute drive from the Exeter campus. If you're in the area then I'd check them out, the school's founder was taught by Roger Gracie and it's current head coach is the highest ranked black belt in the area apparently.
http://exeter-bjj.co.uk/

Back