"Transphobic" Swedish Professor May Lose Job After Noting Biological Differences Between Sexes

This just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, Sweden is supposed to to have the most progressive and scientifically informed citizens on the planet.
These days it seems you can have one, not both

Not sure. I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if there's been another revision under consideration or if you're mixing up disorder and dysphoria; the switch to the latter was seen as a trans victory of sorts at the time.

https://www.advocate.com/politics/t...ces-gender-identity-disorder-gender-dysphoria

The newest edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM, will replace the diagnostic term “Gender Identity Disorder” with the term “Gender Dysphoria,” according to the Associated Press.

For years advocates have lobbied the American Psychiatric Association to change or remove categories labeling transgender people in a psychiatric manual, arguing that terms like “Gender Identity Disorder” characterize all trans people as mentally ill.

Based on the standards to be set by the DSM-V, individuals will be diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria for displaying “a marked incongruence between one’s experienced / expressed gender and assigned gender.”

I'm not sure if there's been another revision under consideration or if you're mixing up disorder and dysphoria; the switch to the latter was seen as a trans victory of sorts at the time.

https://www.advocate.com/politics/t...ces-gender-identity-disorder-gender-dysphoria

The newest edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM, will replace the diagnostic term “Gender Identity Disorder” with the term “Gender Dysphoria,” according to the Associated Press.

For years advocates have lobbied the American Psychiatric Association to change or remove categories labeling transgender people in a psychiatric manual, arguing that terms like “Gender Identity Disorder” characterize all trans people as mentally ill.

Based on the standards to be set by the DSM-V, individuals will be diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria for displaying “a marked incongruence between one’s experienced / expressed gender and assigned gender.”
<WellThere>

What was once a mental whackjob is now normal.
What was once a mentally balanced person is now a -phobe.

It seems being repressed by society (both in law and social attitudes) has this effect... same with the gay pride parades.
Maybe or maybe they have an exaggerated, clunky idea of what it means to be a woman because they aren't women and don't know first hand.

Best example of that to me is that Zoe Tur incident with Ben Shapiro. Shapiro is an asshole and kind of deserved it but my point is despite playing the part of a woman with the make up and dress and crossing his legs, when it came down to it and Shapiro disrespected him he got pissed and started putting his hands on Ben and threatening violence. The masculinity within him flipped a switch and went into "defend honor" mode.

So its still considered a mental disorder and in fact some transactivists want it that way because it means facilitating access to the gender transition. Otherwise, if its removed entirely from the DSM, the hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery are merely elective and might not be covered by insurance providers or in countries with public healthcare programs.

So its still considered a mental disorder and in fact some transactivists want it that way because it means facilitating access to the gender transition. Otherwise, if its removed entirely from the DSM, the hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery are merely elective and might not be covered by insurance providers or in countries with public healthcare programs.

Yea, gender reassignment is actually covered by Medicaid & Medicare in the US on an individual case basis, the exclusionary ban was lifted back in 2014. A couple of the requirements include being diagnosed with persistent gender dysphoria and at least two letters of recommendation from mental health professionals.

Yea, gender reassignment is actually covered by Medicaid & Medicare in the US on an individual case basis, the exclusionary ban was lifted back in 2014. A couple of the requirements include being diagnosed with persistent gender dysphoria and at least two letters of recommendation from mental health professionals.
If its completely removed from the DSM on what basis could you even justify covering it anymore? Sort of a case of be careful what you wish for.

If its completely removed from the DSM on what basis could you even justify covering it anymore? Sort of a case of be careful what you wish for.

It comes with a whole lot of baggage that removing homosexuality from the DSM 45 years ago didn't and it's one of the bigger reasons I have trouble with such direct conflation and equivalence. That's just real talk and would be true of the hormone therapy alone, nevermind gender reassignment surgery.

On another note, available research does suggest such treatments work to improve both quality of life and psychosocial outcomes.

It comes with a whole lot of baggage that removing homosexuality from the DSM 45 years ago didn't and it's one of the bigger reasons I have trouble with such direct conflation and equivalence. That's just real talk and would be true of the hormone therapy alone, nevermind gender reassignment surgery.

On another note, available research does suggest such treatments work to improve both quality of life and psychosocial outcomes.
I've always wondered if we could take a different approach to the issue, that instead of having the person embrace their experienced identity if there was some way to bring their experience in line with their birth sex.

But if the evidence suggests that the hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery help then we should follow the evidence.

I've always wondered if we could take a different approach to the issue, that instead of having the person embrace their experienced identity if there was some way to bring their experience in line with their birth sex.

But if the evidence suggests that the hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery help then we should follow the evidence.

They're pretty blunt instruments that bio-tech and genome editing advances will probably make look downright archaic although this is also dependent on how much of a factor genetics plays in regards to the condition itself. I've always been kind of skeptical about hormone tampering and effect is has on the erosion of transgender mental states (i.e. suicide rates).

Optimal health for a biological male needs a hormonal environment which has a distinct preference for converting pregnenolone (from cholesterol) to testosterone over estrogen just simply for the myriad functions testosterone carries out in our bodies and it isn't something you want to deliberately tank.

Ironically, this is actually the more effective approach under most circumstances. Transitioning is considered an extreme measure by most psychiatric professionals and it has an outcome profile that would get it banned if there wasn't so much politics involved. Unfortunately people suffering from gender confusion are usually people who are mentally in really bad shape for long list of reasons.

The bigger problem right now is conflating gender dysphoria with cross dressing. Cross dressing is a really bad sign mentally. Cross dressers have nightmarish profiles when viewed through a criminological lens. Most people people looking to transition will commit suicide by the time they are 40, whether they actually transition or not (the difference is virtually non existent). Cross dressers on the other hand often show dramatic uncontrolled bursts of violent behavior.

Cross dressers also tend to be far more aggressive and tend to be attention seekers. This is why they have attached themselves to the transgender label, it gives them a platform for social acceptability that they lack due to the criminal associations with cross dressing. People suffering from gender dysphoria are almost without exception extreme introverts and usually very private about their condition.

The politicization of the issue has been extremely destructive to actual transgender people.

Maybe or maybe they have an exaggerated, clunky idea of what it means to be a woman because they aren't women and don't know first hand.

Best example of that to me is that Zoe Tur incident with Ben Shapiro. Shapiro is an asshole and kind of deserved it but my point is despite playing the part of a woman with the make up and dress and crossing his legs, when it came down to it and Shapiro disrespected him he got pissed and started putting his hands on Ben and threatening violence. The masculinity within him flipped a switch and went into "defend honor" mode.

Yeah because women never have emotional reactions to critical speech leading to a physical attack. They are always so calm and collected.

<Moves>

Yeah because women never have emotional reactions to critical speech leading to a physical attack. They are always so calm and collected.

<Moves>
Not never but not in the same way a man does.

Lots of things going on apparently.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-tv-news-racist-satire-tourism-a8553611.html

China has complained to Sweden over a satirical TV show it said was “racist and xenophobic”, in the latest escalation of an unlikely diplomatic row.

The programme Svenska Nyheter (Swedish News) was broadcast in the wake of an incident that saw police remove three Chinese citizens from a Stockholm hotel during a heated argument over check-in times.

The Chinese embassy issued a travel alert to its citizens on Saturday that warned them against a rising number of “security incidents” reported by Chinese tourists in Sweden, including robberies it said were happening “almost every day”.

The satirical programme on Swedish state television (STV) – broadcast a week after the altercation – offered Chinese tourists advice on how to avoid culture clashes, which China said was insulting.

“The (Svenska Nyheter) anchor’s remarks are full of discrimination, prejudice and provocation against China and other ethnic groups, completely deviating from professional media ethics,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said in a statement on Monday.

The Chinese embassy in Stockholm said the programme had “outrageously insulted China”.

Lots of things going on apparently.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-tv-news-racist-satire-tourism-a8553611.html

China has complained to Sweden over a satirical TV show it said was “racist and xenophobic”, in the latest escalation of an unlikely diplomatic row.

The programme Svenska Nyheter(Swedish News) was broadcast in the wake of an incident that saw police remove three Chinese citizens from a Stockholm hotel during a heated argument over check-in times.

The Chinese embassy issued a travel alert to its citizens on Saturday that warned them against a rising number of “security incidents” reported by Chinese tourists in Sweden, including robberies it said were happening “almost every day”.

The satirical programme on Swedish state television (STV) – broadcast a week after the altercation – offered Chinese tourists advice on how to avoid culture clashes, which China said was insulting.

“The (Svenska Nyheter) anchor’s remarks are full of discrimination, prejudice and provocation against China and other ethnic groups, completely deviating from professional media ethics,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said in a statement on Monday.

The Chinese embassy in Stockholm said the programme had “outrageously insulted China”.
Yeah I followed that case a bit. Knowing how Chinese people usually act I am gonna go with Sweden's explanation on this one....
And fucking lol at China complaining about humans rights violations

Yeah I followed that case a bit. Knowing how Chinese people usually act I am gonna go with Sweden's explanation on this one.... And fucking lol at China complaining about humans rights violations

Yeah, they're shit.

The bigger problem right now is conflating gender dysphoria with cross dressing. Cross dressing is a really bad sign mentally. Cross dressers have nightmarish profiles when viewed through a criminological lens. Most people people looking to transition will commit suicide by the time they are 40, whether they actually transition or not (the difference is virtually non existent). Cross dressers on the other hand often show dramatic uncontrolled bursts of violent behavior.

Cross dressers also tend to be far more aggressive and tend to be attention seekers. This is why they have attached themselves to the transgender label, it gives them a platform for social acceptability that they lack due to the criminal associations with cross dressing. People suffering from gender dysphoria are almost without exception extreme introverts and usually very private about their condition.

The politicization of the issue has been extremely destructive to actual transgender people.
Do you have a source for that? Because I see this said a lot but I don't think I've ever seen the source for it.

Back